Advanced Character Controller

Hello all!

The advanced character controller asset is now available on the Corona Marketplace here: 

https://marketplace.coronalabs.com/asset/advanced-character-controller

So I wanted to start a thread just in case anyone had any questions, bug reports, feature requests, or comments about the code or the spine file.

Thanks for checking it out! 

Robert

Hey Robert,

I got the plugin last night and look forward to playing around with it after I finish a few projects.  This is just what I’ve been waiting for to take the Spine plunge.  Thanks for building this for the community (I don’t have to be envious of the Unity plugin anymore).

Jonathan

Thanks again Robert, I’m playing with the demo and it is quite impressive.  I think it will save me scores if not hundreds of hours when I finally take the dive into Spine in the near future.

The Demo works fine but it constantly outputs this warning with every move.

WARNING: Non-uniform bone scaling with attachments not rotated to

cardinal angles will not work as expected with Corona.

Bone: F_Forearm, slot: F_Hand, attachment: F_Hand_FistOut

Any ideas how to solve this?

Thanks for your purchase glad to help! 

That warning was occurring because, at the time, Corona didn’t support non-uniform scaling. Corona and Spine have sense updated so I’m working on bringing the whole demo up-to-date.

Unfortunately, the new version of Spine broke some of the code so it might be a day or two to integrate the most recent Spine runtime.

Thanks and again, I appreciate the work it took to make this plugin.  I’d like to see more of your work, have you released any games yet?

No problem I hope you get some good use out of it :slight_smile:

I’ve been working on a mobile level editor called Game Builder, check out the demo here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3U2yDgBJzU&feature=youtu.be

It’s been a bit difficult to work on recently, I may end up open-sourcing it to the Corona community. We shall see :wink:

Nice, I’d be interested in that plugin as well.  Good luck!

Hey Robert,

I got the plugin last night and look forward to playing around with it after I finish a few projects.  This is just what I’ve been waiting for to take the Spine plunge.  Thanks for building this for the community (I don’t have to be envious of the Unity plugin anymore).

Jonathan

Thanks again Robert, I’m playing with the demo and it is quite impressive.  I think it will save me scores if not hundreds of hours when I finally take the dive into Spine in the near future.

The Demo works fine but it constantly outputs this warning with every move.

WARNING: Non-uniform bone scaling with attachments not rotated to

cardinal angles will not work as expected with Corona.

Bone: F_Forearm, slot: F_Hand, attachment: F_Hand_FistOut

Any ideas how to solve this?

Thanks for your purchase glad to help! 

That warning was occurring because, at the time, Corona didn’t support non-uniform scaling. Corona and Spine have sense updated so I’m working on bringing the whole demo up-to-date.

Unfortunately, the new version of Spine broke some of the code so it might be a day or two to integrate the most recent Spine runtime.

Thanks and again, I appreciate the work it took to make this plugin.  I’d like to see more of your work, have you released any games yet?

No problem I hope you get some good use out of it :slight_smile:

I’ve been working on a mobile level editor called Game Builder, check out the demo here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3U2yDgBJzU&feature=youtu.be

It’s been a bit difficult to work on recently, I may end up open-sourcing it to the Corona community. We shall see :wink:

Nice, I’d be interested in that plugin as well.  Good luck!