Am I destined to stop making apps?

1. First Apple bounce an app for 4.3 spam despite the app being in compliance. Three times I have been rejected in the last week for the same app. All rejections were 4.3 rejections:

"Guideline 4.3 - Design

Your app provides the same feature set as many of the other apps you’ve submitted to the App Store; it simply varies in content or language. Creating multiple Bundle IDs of the same app is not appropriate."

Needless to say, my app does NOT provide the same feature set as ANY of my other apps. Nor does it look like ANY of them. Shakes head in disbelief.

1. This one is minor in comparison, but suspending and resuming an iOS app removes an AdMob video interstitial. Banners and rewarded ads are unaffected. I’ll add in the problem of ‘momentary black screen’ that has also been reported:
    Black flash on transition to foreground

2. Well, things come in threes as the saying goes. Now my AdMob account has started generating click revenue where no (no!) impressions have been served. I’ve reported it to AdMob today. The apparent click fraud (or simply a reporting error?) started on the 22nd August.

As part of the reporting form, AdMob hit me with this on their online reporting form:

"Use this form to let our team know about invalid activity in your account. Please keep in mind that it’s your responsibility to prevent invalid activity from occurring in your account, and this form does not absolve you of that responsibility.

We will keep this information for our records, but may not respond unless we find a significant issue with your account."

GREAT! So, they can yank my account if they so desire. An Apple shaft and now a potential AdMob shaft. A double shaft! I’ve earned a lot of money on this account over the years. At this stage I can be rightly be accused of catastrophising. It may not come to pass that my AdMob account will be suspended/terminated.

Well, that’s about it for now. I write this post not in an angry frame of mind but one in sheer disbelief! After a 3 year hiatus developing apps I thought it time I get back to it. And now this! Ha! ha!

Just wanted to share. Hope you are doing better than I. Surely you are, eh? :rofl:

I’ve just noticed that my AdMob revenue ‘earned’ today has decreased in the last hour.
I will contact AdMob again using their reporting form. I am somewhat relieved that this is surely a reporting error and not click fraud? If so, my account is surely safe. We shall see…

Sorry to hear all of that BDC. What does your app do, out of curiosity?

Most of my apps are quizzes. The 3 x rejected app is a game that is nothing like my quizzes. There’s a grim satisfaction watching my AdMob income climbing each time I check in through the day. It’s not real earned income though. Hopefully it’s just a reporting error. Less likely to feel the wrath of AdMob is that’s the case. If click fraud, then I dread to think the outcome. I appreciate your concern. Best wishes! :slight_smile:

Is the rejected game at least visually similar to the others or there’s anything that could trick the reviewer into thinking so?

Not at all visually similar. I had a previous 4.3 rejection for another app that also does not resemble any of my other apps. Once your account is ‘tagged’ with 4.3 Spam it can be difficult to get approval. I will close the account and start again should that be the case.