Amazon Ads Plugin Launched!

We are happy to announce that an Amazon Ads plugin is now available for purchase via our store.

This plugin has been created by our friends over at Deleur Apps, and is available for all Corona tiers for the Android and Amazon platforms.

This is another invaluable plugin for app developers looking to monetize their apps.

Happy coding!

Congratulations on your new release. 

Are Enterprise users able to get the plugin’s jar files?

Also, the listener in the docs only seems to be triggered when initialising the plugin. Is there any way to detect whether an add has been viewed/clicked so that the ads can be incentivised?

Yes, after purchase, if you are an enterprise user, just email us to ask for the jar files and we will send them on to you.

Thanks.

Cool thanks for the quick reply.

I just looked in the sample code, and saw that the listener is as follows:

if event.name == "licence" then print("event.type: "..event.type, "event.status: "..event.status) elseif event.name == "collapsed" then print("Ad collapsed") elseif event.name == "failed" then print("Ad failed to load. isError:"..tostring(event.isError), event.response) elseif event.name == "loaded" then print("Ad loaded", event.response) elseif event.name == "expanded" then print("Ad expanded") end

The “licence”, “loaded” and “failed” events seem self explanatory.  

Can you explain exactly what triggers the “expanded” and “collapsed” events. We need to know whether our user’s have interacted with the ad or not, so if those events are equivalent to “clicked” and “closed” that could be useful.

I have contacted the plugin author (Deleur Apps) to get an answer for you. He will either respond to this thread himself, or relay the information to me. In either case, i’ll make sure I get an answer for you asap.

Thanks

Edit: one more thing, can you ask if the plugin supports video ads as well. Amazon’s own site seems to suggest you can get video ads, but I couldn’t see anything about that in the plugin docs.

Hey there!

So the callbacks are as follows:

“expanded”: After a user clicks on a rich media ad and after the rich media ad expands, this callback is called. This callback can be used to do things like pause your app or suspend audio when an ad has expanded.

“collapsed”: After a user clicks on the close ad button on an expanded rich media ad, this callback is called immediately after collapsing the ad. This callback can be used to do things like resume your app or restart audio.

As for the video ads there are two options. First are the “Rich Media Expandable Banners”. They are basically banners that can be clicked and they show a video or some other interactive content. To display those, you have to configure them within the Amazon website, and you display them just like any other banner ad.

There are also interstitial ads that Amazon has recently added to their API. Those will come in an update very soon.

We cannot show interstitial ads currently???  That is disappointing. 
We bought the plugin mainly for the interstitials :frowning:

I am currently working on the update and it should come within a week

Ah ok! Good to know! 

Congratulations on your new release. 

@delurapps 
Are amazon interstitials available yet?

BUMP!!

It is still in production

Amazon is currently doing a promotion for Amazon Ads interstitials. All interstitial impressions served in August and September for Android apps will have a guaranteed $6 cpm. It would be great to have this out before then so we can take advantage of it! :smiley:

https://developer.amazon.com/public/apis/earn/mobile-ads/interstitialpromo

Amazon is currently doing a promotion for Amazon Ads interstitials.

Yeah, I’m about to publish to Amazon, and this would be a great opportunity to take advantage of.

@deleurapps
For the reason above, it would be great if the new version could be available soon  ;).

We’re also looking to publish to Amazon ASAP (in fact we’ve already published but are ready to update) so that we can make the most of this promotion.  

Do we have any more word on when interstitials will be ready?

How Does this amazon plugin work?

Do I have to register in Amazon  ?

We are trying to get hold of Deleur apps for you guys. I haven’t heard from him in a week or so.