Android Build Error 256 in Mac Ventura

Hi.

I’m trying to build my game for android (with debug keystore) on my mac. I’m getting this error:

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
                Gradle build daemon has been stopped: JVM garbage collector thrashing and after running out of JVM memory

* Try:
                Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.

* Get more help at https://help.gradle.org

I’m using Corona SDK 3686, which is the latest.

Can anyone help me with this issue?
It used to work before I upgraded my mac to Ventura. Could it be a compatibility issue with Ventura?
thanks.

Can you switch to 3685 and try again to see if this is a compatibility issue? I’m using 3685 with Ventura and haven’t encountered any issues.

Also, have you tried searching the forums for that build error? There are many threads and solutions for that error number.

I was using 3685 when this error started, then I upgraded to 3686 hoping it would fix this, but it didn’t.

that error number seems to be generic for any error that occurs with the underlying JVM/gradle.
I searched for this error code, but the results I’ve found, their actual error from gradle is different than the one I’m getting.

Have you tried building a sample, hello world project without any plugins?

the problem was that I was not excluding a directory (which was quite large), in the build.settings file.

it’s fixed now.

1 Like