Anyone using Carrot

I really like their service so far, and their team has been super helpful.  Would love to know if anyone else is using it?

I just signed up for an account so you’re not completely alone in the wilderness here! Hoping Carrot will be a good solution to drive some installs via Facebook.  I’m having a little trouble getting it set up, what with the Corona’s Facebook and plugin requirements, Carrot’s dashboard, and of course the main culprit, Facebook’s app setup requirements that seem to be a moving target.  

I’m waiting to hear back from Carrot on a couple issues.  Were you successful at getting it integrated with your app?  Any pitfalls?  Does it seem to be working as advertised? Thanks for any info!

-Stephen

Hey there Stephen, glad to hear there’s another Carrot user!  I gotta admit - the guys that run the company are awesome.  Super helpful.   Just get in touch with their support and they’ll get someone you can chat with one-on-one about questions.  They were integral in helping me set it up with my game, Harmony that is going into the store soon.

I’d be happy to share some pointers if you need.  My game has a bit of a unique setup where I’m using it to share status of levels completed.  

All in all, it’s worked like a charm on both iOS and Android!

-Nate

Great to hear Carrot’s working out for you.  I did get some help from a couple guys there that put me on the right track towards getting things set up properly.  Turned out most of my issues were with the Facebook <-> Corona setup, and not Carrot.

Looking forward to checking out your game!

-Stephen

I just signed up for an account so you’re not completely alone in the wilderness here! Hoping Carrot will be a good solution to drive some installs via Facebook.  I’m having a little trouble getting it set up, what with the Corona’s Facebook and plugin requirements, Carrot’s dashboard, and of course the main culprit, Facebook’s app setup requirements that seem to be a moving target.  

I’m waiting to hear back from Carrot on a couple issues.  Were you successful at getting it integrated with your app?  Any pitfalls?  Does it seem to be working as advertised? Thanks for any info!

-Stephen

Hey there Stephen, glad to hear there’s another Carrot user!  I gotta admit - the guys that run the company are awesome.  Super helpful.   Just get in touch with their support and they’ll get someone you can chat with one-on-one about questions.  They were integral in helping me set it up with my game, Harmony that is going into the store soon.

I’d be happy to share some pointers if you need.  My game has a bit of a unique setup where I’m using it to share status of levels completed.  

All in all, it’s worked like a charm on both iOS and Android!

-Nate

Great to hear Carrot’s working out for you.  I did get some help from a couple guys there that put me on the right track towards getting things set up properly.  Turned out most of my issues were with the Facebook <-> Corona setup, and not Carrot.

Looking forward to checking out your game!

-Stephen

Can anyone share some details (layman’s details) about exactly what Carrot is/does please.  I’ve read their little blurb, and looked at their website, and I’m still a bit confused as to what they do above an beyond what I can do myself via facebook in my code.  They basically post to people’s walls, right?  What is the value add for Carrot then?

I am really confused about this service! I haven´t seen

the advantage of using this plugin for FB in comparison to FBs own api.
Another thing - there is no pricing list! The main screen says, “Try it
for free!” but what´s next?

Furthermore, using third party services for sensitive data
like FB accounts is really risky. From what I can see from their website (logged in) I wouldn´t suggest using it.

As far as I know, Carrot does not post to a user’s wall, but to their activity stream.  In Facebook on the web you’ll see in the upper-right small activity updates for your friends… This is where updates appear.   The updates are in the form of Facebook stories.   I’m using this in our game Harmony - links here if you’d like to check it out:  http://borderleap.com/harmony/

Hope that helps!

Can anyone share some details (layman’s details) about exactly what Carrot is/does please.  I’ve read their little blurb, and looked at their website, and I’m still a bit confused as to what they do above an beyond what I can do myself via facebook in my code.  They basically post to people’s walls, right?  What is the value add for Carrot then?

I am really confused about this service! I haven´t seen

the advantage of using this plugin for FB in comparison to FBs own api.
Another thing - there is no pricing list! The main screen says, “Try it
for free!” but what´s next?

Furthermore, using third party services for sensitive data
like FB accounts is really risky. From what I can see from their website (logged in) I wouldn´t suggest using it.

As far as I know, Carrot does not post to a user’s wall, but to their activity stream.  In Facebook on the web you’ll see in the upper-right small activity updates for your friends… This is where updates appear.   The updates are in the form of Facebook stories.   I’m using this in our game Harmony - links here if you’d like to check it out:  http://borderleap.com/harmony/

Hope that helps!