Just downloaded the trial, and wanted to play with code completion and examination of the API documentation as a start.
I have been unable to view the documentation window. All I have done is install Corona and Glider and load a sample project. I have done no special configuration. I have scoured the built-in help, and tried Shift-ctrl-space to force the display of the documentation window, but it does just the same as ctrl-space, (showing the auto-complete options).
Am I doing something wrong? I am using Windows 8 with Bootcamp on a Macbook Pro.
Also found a few quirks. Double-clicking the top of the IDE window (when the mouse displays as an up-down arrow) does not stretch it vertically to fit the screen as per standard Windows 7/8 behaviour - it performs a “Full Screen” action.
Conversely, selecting “Full Screen” from the view menu displays a corrupt view - a portion of the right-hand side is missing.
Also, you can highlight text in the help system but ctrl-c to copy it does not work.
I’m wondering if all of these are Windows 8 issues?
[import]uid: 114539 topic_id: 35997 reply_id: 335997[/import]
I’m just curious… since you have a MacBook Pro, why are you running Corona and Glider in a Windows 8 Bootcamp partition? You can run both natively on OSX. [import]uid: 70847 topic_id: 35997 reply_id: 143088[/import]
I am predominately a pro-photographer Windows user - I have a bunch of pricey software for Windows (Adobe CS5, Fotofusion, Silkypix Pro, etc) that I use a lot. Some of it would need an additional license for the Mac side!
I bought the Macbook Pro Retina because I like the hardware, but I rarely use OSX .
[import]uid: 114539 topic_id: 35997 reply_id: 143097[/import]
Just to clarify my problem - I am referring to the Lua Glider Introduction Video where, at 2:28 it demonstrates “Full Documentation during Autocomplete”.
Does this actually work? My documentation window remains blank.
[import]uid: 114539 topic_id: 35997 reply_id: 143378[/import]
I’m on a Mac, and the Documentation Window doesn’t always work as expected in version 1.7.
M.Y. Developers are about to release version 1.8 though, which has many new features and a lot of issues have been fixed. [import]uid: 70847 topic_id: 35997 reply_id: 143383[/import]
I’m just curious… since you have a MacBook Pro, why are you running Corona and Glider in a Windows 8 Bootcamp partition? You can run both natively on OSX. [import]uid: 70847 topic_id: 35997 reply_id: 143088[/import]
I am predominately a pro-photographer Windows user - I have a bunch of pricey software for Windows (Adobe CS5, Fotofusion, Silkypix Pro, etc) that I use a lot. Some of it would need an additional license for the Mac side!
I bought the Macbook Pro Retina because I like the hardware, but I rarely use OSX .
[import]uid: 114539 topic_id: 35997 reply_id: 143097[/import]
The integrated documentation will be improved in 1.8. We had quite a few more important feature requests we want to get done before 1.8 so its taking a while but it will be out when it is ready. Thanks for your patience.
Just to clarify my problem - I am referring to the Lua Glider Introduction Video where, at 2:28 it demonstrates “Full Documentation during Autocomplete”.
Does this actually work? My documentation window remains blank.
[import]uid: 114539 topic_id: 35997 reply_id: 143378[/import]
I’m on a Mac, and the Documentation Window doesn’t always work as expected in version 1.7.
M.Y. Developers are about to release version 1.8 though, which has many new features and a lot of issues have been fixed. [import]uid: 70847 topic_id: 35997 reply_id: 143383[/import]
The integrated documentation will be improved in 1.8. We had quite a few more important feature requests we want to get done before 1.8 so its taking a while but it will be out when it is ready. Thanks for your patience.
I’m just curious… since you have a MacBook Pro, why are you running Corona and Glider in a Windows 8 Bootcamp partition? You can run both natively on OSX. [import]uid: 70847 topic_id: 35997 reply_id: 143088[/import]
I am predominately a pro-photographer Windows user - I have a bunch of pricey software for Windows (Adobe CS5, Fotofusion, Silkypix Pro, etc) that I use a lot. Some of it would need an additional license for the Mac side!
I bought the Macbook Pro Retina because I like the hardware, but I rarely use OSX .
[import]uid: 114539 topic_id: 35997 reply_id: 143097[/import]
Just to clarify my problem - I am referring to the Lua Glider Introduction Video where, at 2:28 it demonstrates “Full Documentation during Autocomplete”.
Does this actually work? My documentation window remains blank.
[import]uid: 114539 topic_id: 35997 reply_id: 143378[/import]
I’m on a Mac, and the Documentation Window doesn’t always work as expected in version 1.7.
M.Y. Developers are about to release version 1.8 though, which has many new features and a lot of issues have been fixed. [import]uid: 70847 topic_id: 35997 reply_id: 143383[/import]
I’m just curious… since you have a MacBook Pro, why are you running Corona and Glider in a Windows 8 Bootcamp partition? You can run both natively on OSX. [import]uid: 70847 topic_id: 35997 reply_id: 143088[/import]
I am predominately a pro-photographer Windows user - I have a bunch of pricey software for Windows (Adobe CS5, Fotofusion, Silkypix Pro, etc) that I use a lot. Some of it would need an additional license for the Mac side!
I bought the Macbook Pro Retina because I like the hardware, but I rarely use OSX .
[import]uid: 114539 topic_id: 35997 reply_id: 143097[/import]
The integrated documentation will be improved in 1.8. We had quite a few more important feature requests we want to get done before 1.8 so its taking a while but it will be out when it is ready. Thanks for your patience.
Just to clarify my problem - I am referring to the Lua Glider Introduction Video where, at 2:28 it demonstrates “Full Documentation during Autocomplete”.
Does this actually work? My documentation window remains blank.
[import]uid: 114539 topic_id: 35997 reply_id: 143378[/import]
I’m on a Mac, and the Documentation Window doesn’t always work as expected in version 1.7.
M.Y. Developers are about to release version 1.8 though, which has many new features and a lot of issues have been fixed. [import]uid: 70847 topic_id: 35997 reply_id: 143383[/import]