Apple reject app with Facebook v4 plugin

I have updated my game to a current version and updated also the plugins, including the Facebook V4 plugin. After the new version is installed on a device, the app asks for permission to access the location. See the attached picture

Apple has reject the latest version of the app. They say it’s not necessary that the app needs the access to the player’s location.

Legal - 5.1.5

Your app uses location data for features that are not relevant to location.

Is it possible to use the Facebook V4 plugin so that it does not require access to the location?

Otherwise the app must publish without this plugin.

My build.settings:

["plugin.facebook.v4"] =         {             publisherId = "com.coronalabs",             supportedPlatforms = { iphone=true, ["iphone-sim"]=true, android=true, ["android-kindle"]=true  },         }, iphone =                   {                                     plist =                                     {      NSAppTransportSecurity = { NSAllowsArbitraryLoads=true },       NSLocationAlwaysUsageDescription = { "" },       NSLocationWhenInUseUsageDescription = { "" },       UIBackgroundModes = {"remote-notification"},       UIStatusBarHidden = true,       UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend = false,       CFBundleDisplayName = "BrickItOut 2",       FacebookAppID = "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx",       CFBundleIconFile = "Icon.png",                                                       CFBundleIconFiles =                                                       {                 "Icon.png",                 "Icon@2x.png",                 "Icon-60.png",                 "Icon-60@2x.png",                 "Icon-72.png",                 "Icon-72@2x.png",                 "Icon-76.png",                 "Icon-76@2x.png",                 "Icon-Small.png",                 "Icon-Small@2x.png",                 "Icon-Small-40.png",                 "Icon-Small-40@2x.png",                 "Icon-Small-50.png",                 "Icon-Small-50@2x.png",                                                       },       LSApplicationQueriesSchemes =             {                 "fb",  -- Needed for the facebook-v4.isFacebookAppEnabled() API                 "fbapi",                 "fbauth2",                 "fb-messenger-api",                 "fbshareextension"       },       CFBundleURLTypes = {             {             CFBundleURLSchemes = { "fbxxxxxxxxxxx", }             }       },     }, },

Hi michael37,

You mentioned that you’ve grabbed updates for multiple plugins. What are the other plugins you updated? Off the top of my head, the Facebook-v4 plugin doesn’t have location access as a hard requirement.

update is also for flurry plugin and the new corona ADS. But have remove one after the other plugin and the message appears only when the Facebook v4 plugin is included in the build.settings

Hmm, it looks like you kept some parts of the project setup for Corona Ads in your build.settings. In particular, you still have these plist entries related to location:

iphone = { plist = { NSAppTransportSecurity = { NSAllowsArbitraryLoads=true }, NSLocationAlwaysUsageDescription = { "" }, NSLocationWhenInUseUsageDescription = { "" }, }, },

Try removing those from your project and see if Apple rejects it.

you are correct, my big fault. without those lines and with disable die coronas ads plugin, the message is history.

thanks for the input.

I will ask the coronas ads forum about a solution…

Thanks

Michael

Hi michael37,

You mentioned that you’ve grabbed updates for multiple plugins. What are the other plugins you updated? Off the top of my head, the Facebook-v4 plugin doesn’t have location access as a hard requirement.

update is also for flurry plugin and the new corona ADS. But have remove one after the other plugin and the message appears only when the Facebook v4 plugin is included in the build.settings

Hmm, it looks like you kept some parts of the project setup for Corona Ads in your build.settings. In particular, you still have these plist entries related to location:

iphone = { plist = { NSAppTransportSecurity = { NSAllowsArbitraryLoads=true }, NSLocationAlwaysUsageDescription = { "" }, NSLocationWhenInUseUsageDescription = { "" }, }, },

Try removing those from your project and see if Apple rejects it.

you are correct, my big fault. without those lines and with disable die coronas ads plugin, the message is history.

thanks for the input.

I will ask the coronas ads forum about a solution…

Thanks

Michael