Appodeal 2.6.1 (iOS) crashes

When I start the game, it shows a black screen for half a second and crashes.

Also if the name of the app has a number first, space and another word, let’s say “6 Cats”, when the build is successful, an empty folder with the name “6” is created too.

When I use the stable version everything is back to normal.

I have no issues with android 2.6.0 version.

The Corona version I’m using is 3573.

Hello. I saw the other thread. Still, it is hard to help here. First, there seems to be some issue when name of the build starts with number. Please, avoid that for now. We are changing build system now, this should be fixed in the future.

If you want you app name to have space in it, add CFBundleDisplayName to your build settings plist entry. For example:

iphone =     {         xcassets = "Images.xcassets",         plist =         {             GADApplicationIdentifier = "ca-app-pub-3940256099942544~1458002511",             CFBundleDisplayName = "6 Cats",             UILaunchStoryboardName = "LaunchScreen",             CFBundleIdentifier = "com.appodeal.testing",             NSAppTransportSecurity = { NSAllowsArbitraryLoads=true },         },     },

Secondly, make sure you have GADApplicationIdentifier plist entry. Here are build settings I was able to successfully build and run appodeal app with ads on 3574: https://pastebin.com/embed_iframe/fCxMAFej

If this both thigs are in there, build using latest daily build, and write in name like Cats, not “6 Cats”. On iOS devices name will be displayed correctly.

If it still doesn’t work or crashes, please, open /System/Applications/Utilities/Console.app (type Console in Spotlight).

Connect you iPhone, and select it, log should start spamming. Type “Cats” (this is what I built binary with) and instead of “Any” select “Process”. There you should probably see reason why it is exited.

You can select some entries and copy them to pastebin.com and show here if you can’t locate reason for the crash easily.

Thank you Vlad.

It’s not because of the number after all.

The app crashes on iOS if the app name has more than 2 words and there is space between them.

For example:

Application name: Four Strings or 4 Strings -> crashes

Application name: FourStrings or 4Strings -> works fine

I use GADApplicationIdentifier but not CFBundleDisplayName or CFBundleIdentifier.

I will check everything you said.

Besides that’s a minor issue compared to latest news about Corona Labs.

Not much should change for end users, really. Also, about CFBundleIdentifier, don’t do that. That is mostly for my test app. CFBundleDisplayName so you can set any name you want, and it would not be connected to how you name your build. So I named my build “Cats” and had CFBundleDisplayName=“6 Cats”. It is displayed 6 Cats on the phone, but app file name is “cats”.

Also, please, stick to one thread. I read another one too.

There’s not much changes in 2.6.0. Only one adapter got updated. That’s it. May be I’ll roll out changes today.

@vlads, when I try to build for iOS with the Appodeal Beta, everything works fine but when I try to upload to App Store using Transporter, I get the below error:

ERROR ITMS-90668: "Invalid Bundle Executable. The executable file 'BurclerCL.app/Frameworks/GoogleUtilities.framework/GoogleUtilities' contains incomplete bitcode. To compile binaries with complete bitcode, open Xcode and choose Archive in the Product menu." ERROR ITMS-90668: "Invalid Bundle Executable. The executable file 'BurclerCL.app/Frameworks/MoPub.framework/MoPub' contains incomplete bitcode. To compile binaries with complete bitcode, open Xcode and choose Archive in the Product menu." ERROR ITMS-90668: "Invalid Bundle Executable. The executable file 'BurclerCL.app/Frameworks/nanopb.framework/nanopb' contains incomplete bitcode. To compile binaries with complete bitcode, open Xcode and choose Archive in the Product menu."

Oh. Thanks. This is something I can totally fix!

I get these too when trying to submit to testflight.

Do we need a new daily build before we can submit?

ERROR ITMS-90668: "Invalid Bundle Executable. The executable file 'Cats.app/Frameworks/GoogleUtilities.framework/GoogleUtilities' contains incomplete bitcode. To compile binaries with complete bitcode, open Xcode and choose Archive in the Product menu." ERROR ITMS-90668: "Invalid Bundle Executable. The executable file 'Cats.app/Frameworks/nanopb.framework/nanopb' contains incomplete bitcode. To compile binaries with complete bitcode, open Xcode and choose Archive in the Product menu."

Hello. Can I ask you to test this again please?

@vlads, it worked this time. iOS build with Appodeal Beta didn’t give any errors on Transporter. Thank you very much!

Btw. It is also updated to non beta versions of 2.6.x

@vlads, after uploading to the App Store, I got notification about “invalid binary” but I could not find the binary in the App Store Activity page. I will try to build and upload again.

@vlads, in the email from Apple I got the below error:

ITMS-90428: Invalid Swift Support - The files libswiftFoundation.dylib, libswiftCoreFoundation.dylib, libswiftDispatch.dylib, libswiftObjectiveC.dylib, libswiftDarwin.dylib, libswiftCoreGraphics.dylib, libswiftCore.dylib don’t match /Payload/Ruyatabirleri-CF.app/Frameworks/libswiftFoundation.dylib, /Payload/Ruyatabirleri-CF.app/Frameworks/libswiftCoreFoundation.dylib, /Payload/Ruyatabirleri-CF.app/Frameworks/libswiftDispatch.dylib, /Payload/Ruyatabirleri-CF.app/Frameworks/libswiftObjectiveC.dylib, /Payload/Ruyatabirleri-CF.app/Frameworks/libswiftDarwin.dylib, /Payload/Ruyatabirleri-CF.app/Frameworks/libswiftCoreGraphics.dylib, /Payload/Ruyatabirleri-CF.app/Frameworks/libswiftCore.dylib. Make sure the files are correct, rebuild your app, and resubmit it. Don’t apply post-processing to /Payload/Ruyatabirleri-CF.app/Frameworks/libswiftFoundation.dylib, /Payload/Ruyatabirleri-CF.app/Frameworks/libswiftCoreFoundation.dylib, /Payload/Ruyatabirleri-CF.app/Frameworks/libswiftDispatch.dylib, /Payload/Ruyatabirleri-CF.app/Frameworks/libswiftObjectiveC.dylib, /Payload/Ruyatabirleri-CF.app/Frameworks/libswiftDarwin.dylib, /Payload/Ruyatabirleri-CF.app/Frameworks/libswiftCoreGraphics.dylib, /Payload/Ruyatabirleri-CF.app/Frameworks/libswiftCore.dylib.

Has anyone approved build, with Appodeal 2.6.x, up and running in App Store?

Is the stable version of the plugin 2.5.x?

It should be until everything is fixed in beta version.

I get the same email as bamazy and the binary is rejected.

Well, it’s important then to have a stable 2.5.x and Vlad checks the beta version.

Apple error should be fixed in next daily build.

Thanks. I was able to submit with latest daily build.

Awesome! Thanks for this, but this is something I can easily fix.