Appodeal Adapters B - Can't deliver to App Store

I’m using the Appodeal Adapters B plugin (https://www.solar2dplugins.com/plugins/appodeal-274---adapters-b). Everything works locally, including Facebook ads through Appodeal. But when I try to deliver my app to the App Store using Transporter I get the following two error messages:

ERROR ITMS-90087: "Unsupported Architectures. The executable for Ice Trap.app/Frameworks/FBSDKCoreKit.framework contains unsupported architectures '[x86_64, i386]'."

ERROR ITMS-90171: "Invalid Bundle Structure -The binary file 'Ice Trap.app/Frameworks/FBSDKCoreKit.framework/FBSDKCoreKit' is not permitted. Your app can’t contain standalone executables or libraries, other than a valid CFBundleExecutable of supported bundles. Refer to the Bundle Programming Guide at https://developer.apple.com/go/?id=bundle-structure for information on the iOS app bundle structure."

Anyone else gets this or am I doing something wrong? When I remove Adapters B from build.settings and rebuild there are no errors on delivery. I’m not using the Facebook v4a plugin, so it can’t be a collision issue either.

Built with Solar 2020.3621, Xcode 12 with iOS 14 SDK.

EDIT Just updated Xcode to 12.0.1. Didn’t help.

I have tried “everything” now, but can’t get it to work.

@agramonte, should the FBSDKCoreKit really be bundled with Adapters B? Both errors seem to point to that framework. Not sure if there is something in my own configuration or build process that causes this or if it’s really an issue with the plugin.

Seems strange that the x86_64 and i386 architectures are included too, since they are only used for the simulator.

Send me your build settings. The version of Solar2d that you are using and I’ll fix it today.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! It would be really great if you could find out how to get the plugin working. I’m using latest Solar build 3621.

As an experiment, I downloaded the plugin, unpacked it and modified it before uploading it to my own server. I removed the FBSDKCoreKit framework, including the reference from the Lua file. Then I built my app again with the modified plugin and uploaded to App Store using Transporter. No errors, but then I couldn’t get Facebook ads working in my app anymore so I guess I removed too much… :slight_smile:

Here’s the plugins part from my build.settings:

plugins =
{
    ["plugin.reviewPopUp"] =
    {
        publisherId="tech.scotth",
        marketplaceId = "XXXXXXXXXX",
    },
    ["plugin.bit"] =
    {
        publisherId = "com.coronalabs",
        supportedPlatforms = { iphone=true, android=true, osx=true, win32=true }
    },
    ["plugin.gameanalytics_v2"] = {
        publisherId = "com.gameanalytics",
        supportedPlatforms = {
            iphone = { url="https://www.solar2dplugins.com/download/gameanalytics/XXXXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXXXX-iphone.tar.gz" },
        },
    },

["CoronaProvider.native.popup.activity"] =
    {
        publisherId = "com.coronalabs",
        supportedPlatforms = { iphone=true }
    },

["plugin.flurry.analytics"] =
    {
        publisherId = "com.coronalabs"
    },

["plugin.appsflyer"] =
    {
        publisherId = "com.coronalabs"
    },

["plugin.appodeal"] =
    {
        publisherId = "com.cabagomez",
        supportedPlatforms = {
            iphone = { url="https://www.solar2dplugins.com/download/appodeal-274-ios-14/XXXXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXXXX-iphone.tar.gz" },
        },
    },

["plugin.appodealAdaptersA"] =
    {
        supportedPlatforms = {
            iphone = { url="https://www.solar2dplugins.com/download/appodeal-274---adapters-a/XXXXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXXXX-iphone.tar.gz" },
        },
    },

["plugin.appodealAdaptersB"] =
    {
        supportedPlatforms = {            
            iphone = { url="https://www.solar2dplugins.com/download/appodeal-274---adapters-b/XXXXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXXXX-iphone.tar.gz" },
        },
    },
}

Just let me know if you need anything else.

1 Like

Didn’t you say you had Facebook? I don’t see it on the list.

Nope, not the v4a plugin, because it won’t build together with the Appodeal’s Facebook plugin. That’s why I switched back to Appsflyer for attribution. I’m only looking to serve ads from Faceboook Audience Network.

Ok. Working on it now. I will let you know when it is done.

1 Like

Should be fixed. Give it a whirl.

Really appreciate that you’re doing this, but it didn’t work for me.

The original problem with the FB framework is gone. I tried to upload a build using Transporter and it was successfully delivered.

But now the app crashes on launch every time due to the following error. Seems to be missing some Mopub framwork?

Exception Type:  EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:  EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY
Termination Description: DYLD, dyld: Using shared cache: D1BAEBE6-FD4F-3739-81E0-A4284C00AD66 | dependent dylib '@rpath/MoPub.framework/MoPub' not found for '/private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/441187B7-ECF2-4F42-83D9-B1040191A670/Ice Trap.app/Ice Trap', tried but didn't find: '/usr/lib/swift/MoPub.framework/MoPub' '/private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/441187B7-ECF2-4F42-83D9-B1040191A670/Ice Trap.app/Frameworks/MoPub.framework/MoPub' '@rpath/MoPub.framework/MoPub' '/System/Library/Frameworks/MoPub.framework/MoPub'
Highlighted by Thread:  0

I am going to remove Mopub anyhow. I don’t see it supported in the latest list of adapters published by Appodeal. Let me do that now.

Maybe I’ll use the space for something more useful like AdColony in the future.

Sounds good to me. I wasn’t planning on using Mopub anyway.

I didn’t get to test it. I have a meeting at 9:00 that i have to get ready for. But please give it a whirl and tell me what you get.

Works like a charm! :grinning:

• No more crashes
  • Upload to App Store success
  • Facebook test ads (through Appodeal) showing on my test device

Awesome work! :star_struck:

1 Like