Appodeal and flurry SDK issue!!

Hi all,
I have made an app few years ago that uses Appodeal. Recently I got an email that my app (version 1.2) uses the Flurry SDK which is non compliant with Google’s policies.
I looked into the documentation for the Appodeal plugin and updated my config files accordingly. It seems that Flurry is no longer part of Appodeal.

I uploaded a new version (1.4) but it was rejected because of MyTarget SDK. I removed that too from the config files and version (1.7) was accepted and got published.

A day later it was removed from the store because it contains the Flurry SDK!!
Since I already removed Flurry from my config I am confused. Has anyone else had that issue?

Thanks.

Hi, I would suggest using the beta version, since it contains the appodeal version 3.0.2. You can see the example here:
https://github.com/coronalabs/plugins-appodeal/blob/166c1a77cdc0e850d8a27396fd538093704d0641/Corona/build.settings#L173-L200

The “stable” version is very outdated and contains plugins that are in policy violation. I have apps publish with the beta version without problems.

Would be nice if the docs would be updated too, so that people start using the 3.0.2. version.

Hi zebi24

I wasn’t aware that the beta version is the correct one to use. I will give it a try.
Thanks for the info.

Hi again zebi24,
I’m no expert on GitHub, but when I looked at

It seems to have the beta version commented out and the normal version active.

Isn’t that the latest version?
From what I can see the beta versions were replaced in the March change (commit 6e600d1). I don’t see any changes after that.

That is correct, the beta version was commented out. Why is that the case, I don’t know, someone that is managing the plugin will have to answer. However, that version uses Appodeal 2.11.1, which is not compliable with the google policies. That is why the docs should be updated imo.

The docs are about as clear as mud sometimes… It says the beta version of Appodeal is available, but not to use the beta version of the plugin which contains a legacy (appodeal) version.

Beta version of Appodeal plugin is now available! Check latest note in Project Settings section to learn more.

#### Version info

Current plugin versions are:

* Stable plugins is `2.11` for both Android and iOS. *Beta plugin is not recommended to use and contains legacy version*

A day later it was removed from the store because it contains the Flurry SDK!!
Since I already removed Flurry from my config I am confused. Has anyone else had that issue?

Be sure you upload your most recent version to ALL tracks in google play. Alpha, beta, open/closed testing, etc. Any of those versions that haven’t been replaced will still be flagged.

I have emailed Vlad to ask which version we should be using. If he replies I will update this thread.

BTW, I visited you apps page. Very nice :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. As far as the “Play Console” is conserned I’m a complete novice and the last 2 days were very stressful with me trying to find where the offending APK/track/release is. You can’t delete tracks or releases (not sure why not).
I managed to pause some of the tracks but I don’t think that was enough.
It would be useful if the email they send tells you exactly which track/release they don’t like, but naaah, where is the fun in that. That would make it too easy!!!

I searched for tutorials about the topic but the ones I found didn’t seem to address my situation. I wish there was one that explains what track/release means in this context and what are the different states they can be in and what those states mean.

If I get an answer from Vlad about which version to use I will try to upload a new version to every possible track and see what happens.
Thanks again for replying.

lol, for real. The first time it happened to me, my app was removed from the store 2 or 3 times. I emailed google and they’re the ones who pointed out that I had to update all the tracks which still had the offending version and not just production.

You can go to your app > policy violations and it should show you what is in violation.

It says:
Your app is using the Flurry SDK, which collects Android ID and Advertising ID.

It doesn’t tell me which version of my app is in violation nor which track.
So at this stage I’m not sure if they are talking about an old version (from 2019) or my new version that I built 2 days ago (using appodeal not the beta).

I tried to rename my APKs to .zip to see if I can find a file with “flurry” in its name inside the APK but there wasn’t one.

I’m waiting for a reply from Vlad to know if I used the correct version of Appodeal before trying to submit my app again.

Replace them all with the new one that doesn’t have the SDK

I did what you said and now it’s back on the store :partying_face:
Thanks.

I still didn’t get any reply from Vlad regarding which version of Appodeal plugin to use. I used the standard version (not the beta) and appodeal.getVersion()
returns version 2.11.1 like zebi24 said. If the play store complains I will try the beta version.

1 Like

I also hope that Solar2D’s Appodeal plugin is updated.

Below are my settings that successfully built version 2.11.1. hope it helps.

-- Base
        ['plugin.appodeal.base'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' },

-- All types
        ['plugin.appodeal.Bidmachine'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' },
        ['plugin.appodeal.GoogleAdMob'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' },
        ['plugin.appodeal.A4G'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' },
        ['plugin.appodeal.AppLovin'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' },
        ['plugin.appodeal.FacebookAudience'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' },
        -- ['plugin.appodeal.MyTarget'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, -- Policy violation if included in Google build / but required in Apple build (error: linking the app)
        ['plugin.appodeal.Smaato'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' },
        ['plugin.appodeal.StartApp'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' },
        ['plugin.appodeal.Unity'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' },
        -- ['plugin.appodeal.Yandex'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' },

-- Banner
        ['plugin.appodeal.AmazonAds'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' },

-- Interstitial
        ['plugin.appodeal.AdColony'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' },
        ['plugin.appodeal.AmazonAds'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' },
        ['plugin.appodeal.IronSource'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' },
        ['plugin.appodeal.Ogury'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' },
        ['plugin.appodeal.Vungle'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' },