Appodeal gives Smaato error on Android

I don’t know if it’s related to Appodeal or Corona but I noticed Appodeal plugin got updated today both for Android and iOS, so I thought the update might have caused the error. 

For now, I have disabled “smaato”.

Sorry, probably should add it to build.settings:

['plugin.appodeal.Smaato'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' },        

Vlads, this time I get duplicate class error. As it’s obvious from the last lines, I didn’t paste all the logs. 

Unable to strip library '/private/var/folders/h8/dc7xymcn6n7b0h92jq4syzgc0000gn/T/CLtmpQPMpBF/template/app/build/intermediates/merged\_native\_libs/release/out/lib/x86\_64/libjnlua5.1.so' due to missing strip tool for ABI 'X86\_64'. Packaging it as is. Unable to strip library '/private/var/folders/h8/dc7xymcn6n7b0h92jq4syzgc0000gn/T/CLtmpQPMpBF/template/app/build/intermediates/merged\_native\_libs/release/out/lib/x86\_64/libads.so' due to missing strip tool for ABI 'X86\_64'. Packaging it as is. Unable to strip library '/private/var/folders/h8/dc7xymcn6n7b0h92jq4syzgc0000gn/T/CLtmpQPMpBF/template/app/build/intermediates/merged\_native\_libs/release/out/lib/x86\_64/libgameNetwork.so' due to missing strip tool for ABI 'X86\_64'. Packaging it as is. Unable to strip library '/private/var/folders/h8/dc7xymcn6n7b0h92jq4syzgc0000gn/T/CLtmpQPMpBF/template/app/build/intermediates/merged\_native\_libs/release/out/lib/x86\_64/libcorona.so' due to missing strip tool for ABI 'X86\_64'. Packaging it as is. Unable to strip library '/private/var/folders/h8/dc7xymcn6n7b0h92jq4syzgc0000gn/T/CLtmpQPMpBF/template/app/build/intermediates/merged\_native\_libs/release/out/lib/x86\_64/liblua.so' due to missing strip tool for ABI 'X86\_64'. Packaging it as is. Nov 26 07:41:25.401 Nov 26 07:41:25.402 \> Task :App:multiDexListRelease FAILED Nov 26 07:41:26.700 \> Task :App:bundleReleaseResources Nov 26 07:41:26.701 Nov 26 07:41:28.400 \> Task :App:mergeReleaseJavaResource Nov 26 07:41:28.401 FAILURE: Build failed with an exception. \* What went wrong: Execution failed for task ':App:multiDexListRelease'. \> A failure occurred while executing com.android.build.gradle.internal.tasks.Workers$ActionFacade \> Error while merging dex archives: Learn how to resolve the issue at https://developer.android.com/studio/build/dependencies#duplicate\_classes. Program type already present: com.smaato.sdk.core.R Nov 26 07:41:28.401 \* Try: Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights. \* Get more help at https://help.gradle.org BUILD FAILED in 3m 37s 31 actionable tasks: 30 executed, 1 up-to-date Nov 26 07:41:30.927 Android build failed (256) after 226 seconds Nov 26 07:41:31.218 ERROR: Build Failed: Failed to Build Error code: 256 Nov 26 07:41:31.218

Can you share your build.settings?

This has been around for a few releases of Appodeal and it is not unique to Corona. The first issue is that you have to include this for it to build. I suspect that Corona can add this if they have not already.

Some networks are using Java 8 features (e.g - Smaato), so please make sure your **Android Gradle plugin**version greater or equal 3.2.0 and add next compile options to your app-level build.gradle :

Copy

android {
// … other options

compileOptions {
sourceCompatibility JavaVersion.VERSION_1_8
targetCompatibility JavaVersion.VERSION_1_8
}
}

The second issue is the min requirement for Smaato. I forget but on my native projects it throws an error requesting that I increase the min sdk to a number in the mid 20s. Either 24, 25 or 26.

Their website says it’s API level 16.

Weird that I don’t get this problems :frowning:

@vlad Once I get home I’ll send you the actual error. I should be home in a couple of hours.

Here is the error:

Task :App:mergeDexRelease FAILED AGPBI: {"kind":"error","text":"Static interface methods are only supported starting with Android N (--min-api 24): java.lang.Exception com.smaato.sdk.core.network.execution.ErrorMapper.a(java.lang.Exception)", "sources":[{}],"tool":"D8"}

This is fixed now.

My hero!

I am having a similar problem with appodeal. I also can’t build my app with the appodeal plugin with the ERROR 256. The error message I get is

ERROR: configuring ‘shared.google.play.services.location_com.coronalabs’ failed!

I have commented out the gpgs2 plugin.

What does this mean and how can I fix this?

(I’m using Mac by the way)

You’re building for Android, I presume. Can you post your full build.settings and build log? use pastebin.com if possible, instead of pasting text here.

Vlads, I tried again but was not successful. 

['plugin.appodeal.Smaato'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, 

When including the above line, I get the below error and the build fails.

Here is the logs: https://pastebin.com/bEXVH9LJ

When deleting that line, the build is successful but I get “smaato not found” error when opening the app.

This is my build.settings: https://pastebin.com/Y62BhW5p

It seems like you are running Java 13, and it is not fully supported by gradle (android build system). Java 1.8 (aka 8) is the best. I’m amazed that you can build without smaato.

I tried removing things which make Smaato “special” but then build breaks for everyone. If you want, I would suggest deleting java 13 and installing java 8 (this is my recommendation).

If you decide to disable smaato, you can do that to, and using “disableNetworks” like this:

appodeal.init( listener, { appKey="xxx", disableNetworks = {"smaato"} } )

Cheers!

Vlads, last time I had problem with Java versions, as per your recommendation, I installed and set Java 1.8 but somehow Corona uses Java 13 when building. Last time I noticed it but didn’t open a new thread as it worked this way and I was able to build. Now I checked .bash_profile and noticed that I already have this line: 

export JAVA\_HOME=$(/usr/libexec/java\_home -v 1.8)

By the way, when I type java -version , I get 1.8 as a default.

java version "1.8.0\_231" Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0\_231-b11) Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.231-b11, mixed mode)

I don’t know how to make Corona to use the default java version.

.bash_profile is launched when you start a new terminal and it launches bash command interpreter. Changes to bash_profile have no effect on Corona or any other GUI application, you only change environment for your new shell.

Changing default java for GUI applications is complicated. I would suggest deleting Java 13, unless you need it for other purposes.

Also, we can try a little thing. Instead of starting Corona from the icon, try to run following command and see if it build would work:

JAVA\_VERSION=1.8 /Applications/Corona-3556/Corona\ Simulator.app/Contents/MacOS/Corona\ Simulator

(this is one command, also, you may need to replace 3556 with your build number)

Vlads, thanks for the help. I used the last command and it was successful. No error at the beginning anymore. I’ll add it to bash_profile as an alias and change the build number every time I update to newer version. 

I think because you are starting Corona from bash it gets its JAVA_HOME from it. I wonder if it would work with just JAVA_VERSION set. May I ask you to “unset JAVA_HOME”. If it would work, I can make so it sets JAVA_VERSION itself, from next daily build.

Vlads, I ran the command “unset JAVA_HOME” and then opened Corona Simulator from the Launchpad. Then I just hit the build button and then canceled it to see the Java version it uses at the beginning of build process. I don’t know if I understood you well and did the right things. However, it shows Java 13 at the beginning. 

Here is the logs: https://pastebin.com/KmsPUMuH

I also ran “/Applications/Corona-3556/Corona\ Simulator.app/Contents/MacOS/Corona\ Simulator” command and got the below lines:

Nov 28 10:26:43.278 Using java version "13.0.1" 2019-10-15 Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 13.0.1+9) Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 13.0.1+9, mixed mode, sharing) Nov 28 10:26:43.364 Picked up JAVA\_TOOL\_OPTIONS: -Duser.language=en

Am I doing everything as I was supposed to do?