Appodeal RewardVideo play failed.

Hello.

Reward video does not play with Appodeal plugin (beta).

Corona SDK 2018.3455

Appodeal beta 1.6.5b sdkVersion 2.5.0

appodeal.isLoaded ("rewardedVideo") appodeal.canShow ("rewardedVideo")

Both of these are returning true, but sometimes playing does not have any response.

Actually it seems to have failed to load advertisements.

Today surely fails during 1 to 5 playbacks.

Perhaps a particular advertisement is having problems, but I did not know what it was.

There was the same problem in the past, once the problem was fixed, it seems that it has been reproduced recently.

I confirmed it on Android, but there was a report from the user that it occurred also on iOS.

Also, the sound volume may be 0 after playing ads on iOS. When you change the sound volume with iOS settings, it returns to the original. My app has not changed any sound volume.

The Appodeal plugin has long been unstable and unstable.

When will this be a beta? And when do you stabilize?

Currently, I am treating so many inconveniences to users who can not receive rewards.

I would like you to correspond quickly if possible.

I always find these stability / bug issues with Appodeal very interesting, since I don’t seem to have any issue or bugs. I come to realize lately that it might be because I only use a limited set of plugins. There are plenty of plugins that you can easily be remove based on 2 factors.

1. Some plugins don’t kick in until you reach x number of impressions/timeframe for that type. An example:

I don’t have 500K rewarded video ads a day in one single android app, so I don’t bother including interactive on Android. I don’t even get 50K rewarded videos on a single iOS app per day so there is no reason to include Mopub 50K or Unity (50K) either.

1. Some plugins might not be performing well at all.

I removed Vungle and AdColony for this reason alone. For my apps and the country where my apps are more popular those two network underperform Admob by wide margins.

I know this doesn’t answer your question directly but just my thoughts.

Hello agramonte.

This is my plugin.

Flurry commented out this because it is recognized as adware.

-- Base ["plugin.appodeal.beta.base"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, ["plugin.appodeal.beta.AmazonAds"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, ["plugin.appodeal.beta.GoogleAdMob"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, ["plugin.appodeal.beta.TwitterMoPub"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, ["plugin.appodeal.beta.StartApp"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, -- Rewarded Video ["plugin.appodeal.beta.AdColony"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, ["plugin.appodeal.beta.AppLovin"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, ["plugin.appodeal.beta.Chartboost"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, ["plugin.appodeal.beta.FacebookAudience"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, --["plugin.appodeal.beta.Flurry"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, ["plugin.appodeal.beta.InMobi"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, ["plugin.appodeal.beta.IronSource"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, ["plugin.appodeal.beta.Mobvista"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, ["plugin.appodeal.beta.MyTarget"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, ["plugin.appodeal.beta.StartApp"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, ["plugin.appodeal.beta.Unity"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, ["plugin.appodeal.beta.Vungle"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, ["plugin.appodeal.beta.Tapjoy"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" },

I tried it by invalidating one by one, but the trouble continues.

I noticed.

My application is Landscape’s application.

orientation = { default = "landscapeRight", supported = { "landscapeRight", "landscapeLeft" } },

But the rotation of the advertisement is displayed in Portrait.

An error might have occurred in recognition of rotation.

This problem does not occur if you enable screen rotation on Android.

Is there a way to play video ads in the right direction, even when turning screen rotation off on Android?

This is mine:

["plugin.appodeal.beta.base"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs", supportedPlatforms = { android = true, iphone=true } }, ['plugin.appodeal.beta.GoogleAdMob'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs', supportedPlatforms = { android = true, iphone=true } }, ["plugin.appodeal.beta.TwitterMoPub"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs", supportedPlatforms = { android = true, iphone=true } }, ["plugin.appodeal.beta.AmazonAds"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs", supportedPlatforms = { android = true, iphone=true } }, ['plugin.appodeal.beta.FacebookAudience'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs', supportedPlatforms = { android = true, iphone=true } },

In the control panel, you can specify that your app is landscape, but it will show portrait ads from the providers that don’t have landscape ads or landscape ads are not enable or coded in Appodeal. I would suggest that you start testing one by one again and determine which do not have landscape ads and remove those.

Thank you reply.

I have specified only Landscape in the control panel of Appodeal.

However, when Android rotation is disabled, ads are displayed in Portrait.

When Android rotation is enabled, the same advertisement will be displayed normally in Landscape.

I do not know why this is.

What version of Android are you using to test this?

When you say the android rotation is enabled/disable do you mean the toggle on the device?

Is your app on the Play store? I don’t have any portrait apps except on Amazon Fire TV devices and those do not have ads. 

My device is Galaxy S8 (Android 8.0).

Rotating Android is switching the screen orientation by AndroidOS.

My app is this.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lincarton.magnum3

You can watch video advertisements to doubles the reward when playing in the shooting range.

I was only running Appodeal.init like the Appodeal documentation. However, the operation was unstable with this.

local params = {} params.appKey = Appkey\_android appodeal.init( appodealAdListener, params )

I disabled AutoCache when initializing Appodeal.

Then we loaded Appodeal.load (“rewadedVideo”).

It will not freeze, it seems to be played without problems. (It is not definite because I have not played lots yet.

local params = {} params.supportedAdTypes = { "rewardedVideo" } params.disableAutoCacheForAdTypes = { "rewardedVideo" } params.appKey = Appkey\_android appodeal.init( appodealAdListener, params )

However, the problem continues with regard to the orientation of the screen. This problem has continued from long ago.

Lately on iOS there are a lot of problems with freezes, crashes and orientation changing after showing an appodeal ad.

I guess some ads or ad networks have issues.

Checking your ads from time to time and disabling problematic ad networks is a must for appodeal users.

Unfortunately there is no response from appodeal and when something gets better with an update it’s just matter of time until get broken again :stuck_out_tongue:

I always find these stability / bug issues with Appodeal very interesting, since I don’t seem to have any issue or bugs. I come to realize lately that it might be because I only use a limited set of plugins. There are plenty of plugins that you can easily be remove based on 2 factors.

1. Some plugins don’t kick in until you reach x number of impressions/timeframe for that type. An example:

I don’t have 500K rewarded video ads a day in one single android app, so I don’t bother including interactive on Android. I don’t even get 50K rewarded videos on a single iOS app per day so there is no reason to include Mopub 50K or Unity (50K) either.

1. Some plugins might not be performing well at all.

I removed Vungle and AdColony for this reason alone. For my apps and the country where my apps are more popular those two network underperform Admob by wide margins.

I know this doesn’t answer your question directly but just my thoughts.

Hello agramonte.

This is my plugin.

Flurry commented out this because it is recognized as adware.

-- Base ["plugin.appodeal.beta.base"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, ["plugin.appodeal.beta.AmazonAds"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, ["plugin.appodeal.beta.GoogleAdMob"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, ["plugin.appodeal.beta.TwitterMoPub"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, ["plugin.appodeal.beta.StartApp"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, -- Rewarded Video ["plugin.appodeal.beta.AdColony"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, ["plugin.appodeal.beta.AppLovin"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, ["plugin.appodeal.beta.Chartboost"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, ["plugin.appodeal.beta.FacebookAudience"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, --["plugin.appodeal.beta.Flurry"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, ["plugin.appodeal.beta.InMobi"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, ["plugin.appodeal.beta.IronSource"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, ["plugin.appodeal.beta.Mobvista"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, ["plugin.appodeal.beta.MyTarget"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, ["plugin.appodeal.beta.StartApp"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, ["plugin.appodeal.beta.Unity"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, ["plugin.appodeal.beta.Vungle"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, ["plugin.appodeal.beta.Tapjoy"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" },

I tried it by invalidating one by one, but the trouble continues.

I noticed.

My application is Landscape’s application.

orientation = { default = "landscapeRight", supported = { "landscapeRight", "landscapeLeft" } },

But the rotation of the advertisement is displayed in Portrait.

An error might have occurred in recognition of rotation.

This problem does not occur if you enable screen rotation on Android.

Is there a way to play video ads in the right direction, even when turning screen rotation off on Android?

This is mine:

["plugin.appodeal.beta.base"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs", supportedPlatforms = { android = true, iphone=true } }, ['plugin.appodeal.beta.GoogleAdMob'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs', supportedPlatforms = { android = true, iphone=true } }, ["plugin.appodeal.beta.TwitterMoPub"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs", supportedPlatforms = { android = true, iphone=true } }, ["plugin.appodeal.beta.AmazonAds"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs", supportedPlatforms = { android = true, iphone=true } }, ['plugin.appodeal.beta.FacebookAudience'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs', supportedPlatforms = { android = true, iphone=true } },

In the control panel, you can specify that your app is landscape, but it will show portrait ads from the providers that don’t have landscape ads or landscape ads are not enable or coded in Appodeal. I would suggest that you start testing one by one again and determine which do not have landscape ads and remove those.

Thank you reply.

I have specified only Landscape in the control panel of Appodeal.

However, when Android rotation is disabled, ads are displayed in Portrait.

When Android rotation is enabled, the same advertisement will be displayed normally in Landscape.

I do not know why this is.

What version of Android are you using to test this?

When you say the android rotation is enabled/disable do you mean the toggle on the device?

Is your app on the Play store? I don’t have any portrait apps except on Amazon Fire TV devices and those do not have ads. 

My device is Galaxy S8 (Android 8.0).

Rotating Android is switching the screen orientation by AndroidOS.

My app is this.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lincarton.magnum3

You can watch video advertisements to doubles the reward when playing in the shooting range.

I was only running Appodeal.init like the Appodeal documentation. However, the operation was unstable with this.

local params = {} params.appKey = Appkey\_android appodeal.init( appodealAdListener, params )

I disabled AutoCache when initializing Appodeal.

Then we loaded Appodeal.load (“rewadedVideo”).

It will not freeze, it seems to be played without problems. (It is not definite because I have not played lots yet.

local params = {} params.supportedAdTypes = { "rewardedVideo" } params.disableAutoCacheForAdTypes = { "rewardedVideo" } params.appKey = Appkey\_android appodeal.init( appodealAdListener, params )

However, the problem continues with regard to the orientation of the screen. This problem has continued from long ago.

Lately on iOS there are a lot of problems with freezes, crashes and orientation changing after showing an appodeal ad.

I guess some ads or ad networks have issues.

Checking your ads from time to time and disabling problematic ad networks is a must for appodeal users.

Unfortunately there is no response from appodeal and when something gets better with an update it’s just matter of time until get broken again :stuck_out_tongue: