Appodeal SDK 2.6.0

Vlad I just saw that beta 2.6.0 for android and 2.6.1 for iOS is available.

Are we good to go?

Now can we manually disable COPPA using “childDirectedTreatment = false”?

(if you ever enabled COPPA on Appodeal dashboard there was no way to undo it for users who already had installed and opened the app. The only way is manually with 2.6.0+.)

Also, to use beta instead of stable, we just have to add the “beta” tag?

The block of ad networks remains the same?

Thank you!

Also daily build 2020.3569 is giving error code 256.

Previous daily build, 2020.3567, works fine.

sh: line 0: cd: template: No such file or directory Feb 05 09:11:11.569 Android build failed (256) after 7 seconds Feb 05 09:11:11.808 ERROR: Build Failed: Failed to Build Error code: 256

220.3570 is problematic too.

Deauthorizing doesn’t help at all.

I have to go back to 220.3567 in order to login again.

WebServices: Call user.login2 failed in 0 seconds: Invalid API key. Feb 05 10:12:31.220 response: [body=\<?xml version="1.0"?\>  \<methodResponse\>  \<fault\>  \<value\>  \<struct\>  \<member\>  \<name\>faultCode\</name\>  \<value\>\<int\>1\</int\>\</value\>  \</member\>  \<member\>  \<name\>faultString\</name\>  \<value\>\<string\>Invalid API key.\</string\>\</value\>  \</member\>  \</struct\>  \</value\>  \</fault\> \</methodResponse\> , fault[1]='Invalid API key.'] Feb 05 10:12:31.456 ERROR: Cannot Login To Build Server: Could not login. The mostly like cause of this is that the password was incorrect. If you are getting this message during a build you should deauthorize this computer using the Preferences panel and restart the Corona Simulator.

What does your buildSettings looks like? This setup works fine so far on Corona 2020.3569 and plugin.appodeal: 1.6.5b (SDK: 2.6.0).

In my experience 256 errors are usually build conflicts with plugins. Here is my entire plugin section if it might help you:

["plugin.utf8"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, ["plugin.GBCLanguageCabinet"] = { publisherId = "com.gamesbycandlelight" }, ["plugin.iap\_badger"] = { -- required publisherId = "uk.co.happymongoose", }, ["plugin.gamesparks"] = { publisherId = "com.gamesparks", }, ["plugin.openssl"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs", }, ["plugin.bit"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, ["plugin.advertisingId"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, ["plugin.google.iap.v3"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs", supportedPlatforms = { android=true } }, ["plugin.amazon.iap"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs", supportedPlatforms = { ["android-kindle"]=true } }, ["CoronaProvider.gameNetwork.apple"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs", supportedPlatforms = { iphone=true } }, ["plugin.idVerifySig"] = { publisherId = "com.cabagomez", supportedPlatforms = { iphone=true } }, ["plugin.reviewPopUp"] = { publisherId = "tech.scotth", supportedPlatforms = { iphone=true } }, ["plugin.tapjoyInstall"] = { publisherId = "com.cabagomez" }, ["plugin.tappx"] = { publisherId = "com.cabagomez", supportedPlatforms = { ["android"] = true } }, ["plugin.hostedplugin"] = { publisherId = "com.cabagomez", supportedPlatforms = { iphone = false, android = { url="https://xxxx/amazonads.tgz" }, macos = false, win32 = false }, }, -- Appodeal ['plugin.appodeal.beta.base'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.beta.AdColony'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.beta.AppLovin'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.beta.Appnext'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.beta.Chartboost'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.beta.FacebookAudience'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.beta.GoogleAdMob'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.beta.InMobi'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.beta.IronSource'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.beta.Ogury'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.beta.Unity'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.beta.Vungle'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.beta.Yandex'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ["plugin.tenjin"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" },

We experience some build issues at the moment. Also, to use 2.6.0 you would have to use the latest daily build, 3569+
We are trying to resolve build server issues

@vlad I am trying to get a new version up of my game tonight and have not had a problem at all. I think i have built 3 times in the last hour and probably more than that. Works fine. I must be lucky. Dodging bullets like monk. 

Agramonte thanks for helping.

I get the same errors even if I try to build an empty project without plugins.

As you said, you are lucky. :slight_smile:

Vlad are you working on it?

It’s been many hours and I still can’t use version 2020.3569 or 2203570.

Both have different problems!

This is getting really crazy!

I need to build with Appodeal SDK 2.6.0 especially for android.

Could it be java related (I got version 12.0.1)?

If the answer is yes, then why 2020.3567 is working fine for me with the same setup?

Why do I get the error even if I try an empty project (just the basics) without plugins?

Also daily builds have 2 different problems.

2020.3569 error code 256

2020.3570 authorization error 

You should do something.

At least saying that you are working on it or giving an eta.

@Aarbron

I just built for Android with 2020.3569 with out errors.

I use Appodeal (beta) and a whole bunch of other plugins.

Using java version “12.0.1” 2019-04-16 

I also get authorization error with 2020.3570

Thanks ojnab.

I still can’t build with 2020.3569.

Not even a minimum project without plugins.

It could be geographic location issue.

We have been waiting for the 2.6.0 update of the Appodeal plugin, because we are seeing an increasing amount of crashes on Android 10 devices. Here is the report of one of the most frequent crashes as registered in Google Play:

signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 1 (SEGV\_MAPERR)base.apk!libmonochrome.so (offset 0x162000) backtrace: &nbsp; #00 &nbsp;pc 00000000028b2bf0 &nbsp;/data/app/com.google.android.webview-Ql\_MUinQWJfR95\_JPrS3IA==/base.apk!libmonochrome.so (offset 0x162000)

It is only reported from Android 10 devices and it is happening when using banners and interstitials.

I can reproduce the crash on an Android 10 device. The app crashes after approximately 10-20 seconds, probably when caching an ad. 

Our app is basically unusable on Android 10 because of this.

As far as I can understand from searching for this crash report on the internet, it is a result of Google’s rewrite of chrome.

Right now we see a rapid increase in Android 10 users. This has a huge impact on our ratings and retention.

We reported this issue to Appodeal and they said that we needed to update to Appodeal v. 2.6.0. 

And we responded: “you guys need to update the plugin to version 2.6.0”

So now that the update arrived I just built for Android with v.2.6.0 and the crashes are still there.

Well done Appodeal!

@aarbron what is the exact error. 256 is just a catch all for a bunch of crap. Do you see what the error is in the console? Do you have build debugging on (or whatever it is called)?

@ojnab it crashes every time? What happens if you turn off admob?

It starts crashing at some point. Some times after 2 minutes, sometimes after 10.

After that it continues crashing after10-20 seconds on every app launch.

I think it caches some ads that have some code that is invalid in the new chrome implementation.

That is what I see mentioned in other forums too.

Besides clean crashes it also often freezes and the screen starts flickering.

Console reports this when that happens:

setHasOverlayUi called on unknown pid: 31834

Agramonte that’s what I get in the console with 3569.

sh: line 0: cd: template: No such file or directory Feb 05 09:11:11.569 Android build failed (256) after 7 seconds Feb 05 09:11:11.808 ERROR: Build Failed: Failed to Build Error code: 256

@ojnab

They (Appodeal) were saying that 2.6.1 for android would arrive with iOS version but it didn’t.

Probably they are trying to solve issues.

@aarbron 

I sure hope so. Otherwise they will be out of business soon.

Did you test Android 10. Are you seeing these crashes?

@ojnab

Yes, I see the same crashes.

Unfortunately I have a few thousands crashes, in every version, in my top games but still maintain 99.9% crash free sessions.

Most (if not all) of the crashes, the last years are because of Appodeal.

I don’t know if all this is normal, haven’t found anything about it on internet and I don’t have developers-friends to talk about it. :slight_smile:

@ojnab I don’t see any error for Android 10 devices. I have only one Android 10 device in my house i’ll try to test my app with it soon. I think I would have noticed a crash 10 seconds into it though. Nothing in crash reports (i mean tons of stuff but nothing related to that error).

@aarbron Can you turn on the trace on your builds? There should be more if you turn on the trace. Like the actual reason for the error. I don’t remember how to turn it on. It is a command against the simulator did it a while ago, but you might be able to find it in the forums.

Agramonte I really appreciate your help.

I will search the forum, you are right, I have seen is somewhere too.

I saw your build.settings and your appodeal ads block of code.

Wouldn’t something like above work the same for beta version?

It’s how I use it for stable version and just added the “beta” tag.

-- Base ['plugin.appodeal.beta.base'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.beta.GoogleAdMob'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.beta.StartApp'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, -- Banner --['plugin.appodeal.beta.AppLovin'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, --['plugin.appodeal.beta.FacebookAudience'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, --['plugin.appodeal.beta.Flurry'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, --['plugin.appodeal.beta.InMobi'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, --['plugin.appodeal.beta.MyTarget'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, --['plugin.appodeal.beta.Yandex'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, --['plugin.appodeal.beta.AmazonAds'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, --['plugin.appodeal.beta.TwitterMoPub'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.beta.Smaato'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, -- Interstitial --['plugin.appodeal.beta.AdColony'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.beta.AppLovin'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.beta.Chartboost'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, --['plugin.appodeal.beta.FacebookAudience'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, --['plugin.appodeal.beta.Flurry'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.beta.InMobi'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, --['plugin.appodeal.beta.IronSource'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, --['plugin.appodeal.beta.Mobvista'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, --['plugin.appodeal.beta.MyTarget'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.beta.StartApp'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, --['plugin.appodeal.beta.Ogury'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.beta.AmazonAds'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.beta.TwitterMoPub'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.beta.Smaato'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, -- Rewarded Video ['plugin.appodeal.beta.AdColony'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, --['plugin.appodeal.beta.AppLovin'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.beta.Chartboost'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, --['plugin.appodeal.beta.FacebookAudience'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, --['plugin.appodeal.beta.Flurry'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, --['plugin.appodeal.beta.InMobi'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, --['plugin.appodeal.beta.IronSource'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, --['plugin.appodeal.beta.Mobvista'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, --['plugin.appodeal.beta.MyTarget'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.beta.StartApp'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.beta.Smaato'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.beta.Unity'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.beta.Vungle'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.beta.Tapjoy'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' }, ['plugin.appodeal.beta.TwitterMoPub'] = { publisherId = 'com.coronalabs' },&nbsp;

@agramonte

And you use banners and interstitials?

I am using these ad providers:

["plugin.appodeal.beta.base"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, ["plugin.appodeal.beta.FacebookAudience"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, ["plugin.appodeal.beta.GoogleAdMob"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, ["plugin.appodeal.beta.Unity"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, ["plugin.appodeal.beta.AmazonAds"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, ["plugin.appodeal.beta.IronSource"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, ["plugin.appodeal.beta.Ogury"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, ["plugin.appodeal.beta.InMobi"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, ["plugin.appodeal.beta.Vungle"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, ["plugin.appodeal.beta.AppLovin"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" },

I tried to do lots of builds excluding them one by one - to see if I could figure out if one of them caused the issue.

It made no difference. Still crashing…

Edit: by the way what android 10 device do you have? Then I can check if we have crash reports from that model.