Appodeal with Admob / Applovin

Hello,

We want to use Appodeal for banners only for a while but It seems we can not include appodeal and admob or applovin together.

Is there a solution for this?

Thanks in Advance

Bulent

There are some plugins that cannot be used together with the Appodeal plugin as stated in the documentation.

Please see the “Important” box in this link:

https://docs.coronalabs.com/plugin/appodeal/

Hello Ingremar, 

I have read that box however I was asking is there any way to do this? 

Thanks

Unfortunately not.

Also I don’t think there is any benefit of using Appodeal only for banners as AdMob provides banners with global coverage and a good fill rate. You can use the standalone plugin versions of Applovin and Admob together without any issues.

Hi Ingremar,

Although global coverage is important it is not enough, mediation brings better revenue, at least this is what we have seen on our tests. 

Thanks

Bulent

Bulupe: You can use Appdeal and turn off the other networks that you don’t want. So leave it completely open for banners and just have applovin and admob for interstatial or rewards.

@agramonte That will not work as you will get build errors if you try to use any of the plugins listed as incompatible in the Appodeal documenation.

ingemar_cl: Sorry, I think I wasn’t clear enough. In the appodeal control panel, you can turn off any of the adapters built into appodeal. You can even turn then off by types of ads.

But even if you do that the individual SDK binaries are still included in each plugin (whether they are used or not), which will cause build issues especially on iOS. Android may work fine, but not iOS.

There are some plugins that cannot be used together with the Appodeal plugin as stated in the documentation.

Please see the “Important” box in this link:

https://docs.coronalabs.com/plugin/appodeal/

Hello Ingremar, 

I have read that box however I was asking is there any way to do this? 

Thanks

Unfortunately not.

Also I don’t think there is any benefit of using Appodeal only for banners as AdMob provides banners with global coverage and a good fill rate. You can use the standalone plugin versions of Applovin and Admob together without any issues.

Hi Ingremar,

Although global coverage is important it is not enough, mediation brings better revenue, at least this is what we have seen on our tests. 

Thanks

Bulent

Bulupe: You can use Appdeal and turn off the other networks that you don’t want. So leave it completely open for banners and just have applovin and admob for interstatial or rewards.

@agramonte That will not work as you will get build errors if you try to use any of the plugins listed as incompatible in the Appodeal documenation.

ingemar_cl: Sorry, I think I wasn’t clear enough. In the appodeal control panel, you can turn off any of the adapters built into appodeal. You can even turn then off by types of ads.

But even if you do that the individual SDK binaries are still included in each plugin (whether they are used or not), which will cause build issues especially on iOS. Android may work fine, but not iOS.