Background service in corona sdk

By my search background service is not supported in corona SDK. But i need that feature.so any one please suggest other solution or any other possibility to do.i need location detail at every minutes.

Suggesting alternative solutions would be easier if we knew what you needed the functionality for to begin with and how it would be used by the app.

The only surefire method that I can think of, and this would be a lot of work, would be to dig into Corona’s source.

Some people have had success collecting GPS data in the background, but this is a feature that we don’t support. That means we make make a change later that might break it. Apple/Google may make a change later that breaks it, and we are under no obligation to fix it or keep it going.

Corona’s API’s assume that there is a UI in the foreground. We don’t test our API’s with backgrounded apps. If it works for you great.

You also have the option of using Corona Native, where you can write C++/Objective C/Java code that runs and collects your data in the background and when the Corona view comes into the foreground, you could send the collected data in. Again, not supported/tested, but it’s an option.

Rob

Suggesting alternative solutions would be easier if we knew what you needed the functionality for to begin with and how it would be used by the app.

The only surefire method that I can think of, and this would be a lot of work, would be to dig into Corona’s source.

Some people have had success collecting GPS data in the background, but this is a feature that we don’t support. That means we make make a change later that might break it. Apple/Google may make a change later that breaks it, and we are under no obligation to fix it or keep it going.

Corona’s API’s assume that there is a UI in the foreground. We don’t test our API’s with backgrounded apps. If it works for you great.

You also have the option of using Corona Native, where you can write C++/Objective C/Java code that runs and collects your data in the background and when the Corona view comes into the foreground, you could send the collected data in. Again, not supported/tested, but it’s an option.

Rob