Basic question about monetization

Hi, i’ve added tapfortap to some of my apps, and i’ve configured tapfortap dashboard to get 100% monetization and turned OFF self-promotion.

Today, searching the reports, in the “Tap exchange” tab i got 1600 impressions, 8 taps and 180 credits.

In the “monetization” tab i got 771 impressions 20 taps 0 installs and $0.

Im using appWall and normalAd,   i’d like to just focus on the monitization part… so should i:

1. disable appwall (does it give credits and not $?)

2. i just got $ from installs and not from clicks?

3. normal ads and interstitial ads are the only ones that give $? 

4. is there a way to put normal ads with googleApp ads? the current ads are kinda bad… like the ones on the web “shot to get 1 ipad” and nobody is going to click them, and in the case we just get  $ from insatalls, how do they work if they aren’t app ads?

I’ve read the faqs and help but still i don’t get this part.

Thanks in advance

Hi There,

1. no need to disable app wall.

2. The reason you see money from installs is because our monetization layer uses all CPI, CPC and CPM offers, so clearly you were converting on CPI. Seeing as we only count installs when the app is opened for the first time you could see more funds in the account as the days go by.

3. All ads can generate money.

4. If you are unhappy with the way the current standard ads look, you can go into your app page and upload your own custom artwork. This is something I strongly suggest to everyone as they make a real difference.

Regards,

Taylor Reynolds

Thanks for the fast answer.

I got another question: why am i getting more impressions/taps in the tap exchange tab and less in the monetization one? Is there a way to convert credits to $?

As for the point 4, I got it now, i thought those ads were redirecting to non-android apps, but they weren’t.

no problem, 

anytime you have questions, concerns, or comments please feel free to contact me at taylor@tapfortap.com or even phone me at 250-516-4930 :slight_smile:

Always willing and ready to help,

Taylor Reynolds

Hi There,

1. no need to disable app wall.

2. The reason you see money from installs is because our monetization layer uses all CPI, CPC and CPM offers, so clearly you were converting on CPI. Seeing as we only count installs when the app is opened for the first time you could see more funds in the account as the days go by.

3. All ads can generate money.

4. If you are unhappy with the way the current standard ads look, you can go into your app page and upload your own custom artwork. This is something I strongly suggest to everyone as they make a real difference.

Regards,

Taylor Reynolds

Thanks for the fast answer.

I got another question: why am i getting more impressions/taps in the tap exchange tab and less in the monetization one? Is there a way to convert credits to $?

As for the point 4, I got it now, i thought those ads were redirecting to non-android apps, but they weren’t.

no problem, 

anytime you have questions, concerns, or comments please feel free to contact me at taylor@tapfortap.com or even phone me at 250-516-4930 :slight_smile:

Always willing and ready to help,

Taylor Reynolds

Just wanted to chime in here,

undecode, like you I integrated Tap for Tap (using the Corona plug-in) into the latest update of one of my apps (Domino Dog - Wild Forest on iOS) and gave it a trial run with a small number of impressions. I set Monetization to 100% before doing so. 

Here are my results:

1,434 impressions

192 taps

0 installs

$0.00 revenue.

About half way through this trial run I felt suspicious that not even a single install was recorded, so I personally followed through on one of their ads within my app (for Candy Crush Saga) and opened it several times. A day later and I have not received any revenue for that. For now, I’ve turned off Tap for Tap and am letting RevMob take most of the impressions again. Until a fix is released, I am told what I’m doing wrong, or installs start getting credited to my account, I don’t intend to turn things back on. I did leave a support ticket though, no word back yet.

Tap for Tap was able to resolve my issue with receiving revenue and installs are being credited to my account now (so I have earned money). A big thank you to them for that. Even when you have monetization set to 100% there’s still a chance you’ll receive credits (not money) if nothing else is available, so at some level you have to buy into the “tap for tap” concept and use the credits you earn. (Probably not as bad a solution as RevMob’s legendary 2 cent installs when they run out of campaigns!)

However, on a day to day basis, Tap for Tap (~$1.50-$2 eCPM) does not seem to perform at the same level as RevMob (~2.50-3.50 eCPM), but certainly better than AdMob and iAd. (Note that these comparisons are all iOS). I’ve turned Tap for Tap back on, but RevMob still gets most of the traffic. I’m close to having a release with Chartboost (now that they finally support Corona!) and will be interested to see how that stacks up. 

undecode, like you I integrated Tap for Tap (using the Corona plug-in) into the latest update of one of my apps (Domino Dog - Wild Forest on iOS) and gave it a trial run with a small number of impressions. I set Monetization to 100% before doing so. 

Here are my results:

1,434 impressions

192 taps

0 installs

$0.00 revenue.

About half way through this trial run I felt suspicious that not even a single install was recorded, so I personally followed through on one of their ads within my app (for Candy Crush Saga) and opened it several times. A day later and I have not received any revenue for that. For now, I’ve turned off Tap for Tap and am letting RevMob take most of the impressions again. Until a fix is released, I am told what I’m doing wrong, or installs start getting credited to my account, I don’t intend to turn things back on. I did leave a support ticket though, no word back yet.

Very happy we were able to resolve the issue. I just wanted to let everyone here know that our new SDK3 is rolling out very soon, all new and redefined ad units, they look amazing and will surely provide a more professional look. Reach out to me at taylor@tapfortap.com for more details. Happy to share :slight_smile:

-Taylor Reynolds

Tap for Tap was able to resolve my issue with receiving revenue and installs are being credited to my account now (so I have earned money). A big thank you to them for that. Even when you have monetization set to 100% there’s still a chance you’ll receive credits (not money) if nothing else is available, so at some level you have to buy into the “tap for tap” concept and use the credits you earn. (Probably not as bad a solution as RevMob’s legendary 2 cent installs when they run out of campaigns!)

However, on a day to day basis, Tap for Tap (~$1.50-$2 eCPM) does not seem to perform at the same level as RevMob (~2.50-3.50 eCPM), but certainly better than AdMob and iAd. (Note that these comparisons are all iOS). I’ve turned Tap for Tap back on, but RevMob still gets most of the traffic. I’m close to having a release with Chartboost (now that they finally support Corona!) and will be interested to see how that stacks up. 

Very happy we were able to resolve the issue. I just wanted to let everyone here know that our new SDK3 is rolling out very soon, all new and redefined ad units, they look amazing and will surely provide a more professional look. Reach out to me at taylor@tapfortap.com for more details. Happy to share :slight_smile:

-Taylor Reynolds