Build error ; module 'plugin.admob' not found

Hi there,

I’ve encountered an issue with my build process.

I was performing some app maintenance to support iPhoneX and squash a few bugs.

I also converted my project to use an images.xcassets file for my icons and a LaunchScreen.storyboardc file by following the posted guidelines.

When I tried to build and deploy a version on the xCode simulator I got runtime error message after installing that say’s the module ‘plugin.admob’ not found:resource (plugin.admob.lu does not exist in archive… (see attached image).

I pay for the premium admob plugin and my subscription was automatically renewed on 11th Jan 2018.

Other than to make the above changes to use the new assets my build.settings file hasn’t changed and is included below.

Has anything changed with regards premium plugins or does my subscription need to be activated again?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I need to submit this new build to the app store ASAP.

Regards

Jon…

– build.settings

settings =

{

orientation =

{

default = “portrait”, supported = { “portrait”,“portraitUpsideDown” }

},

excludeFiles =

{

– Include only the necessary icon files on each platform

iphone = { “Icon-*dpi.png”, “_build.settings.*”, “assets/api_key.txt” },

android = { “Icon.png”, “Icon-Small-*.png”, “Icon*@2x.png”, “_build.settings.*”, “assets/api_key.txt” },

},

– iOS Section

iphone =

{

xcassets = “Images.xcassets”,

plist =

{

UILaunchStoryboardName = “LaunchScreen”,

UIBackgroundModes = {“remote-notification”},

NSLocationAlwaysUsageDescription = { “” },

NSLocationWhenInUseUsageDescription = { “” },

NSCalendarsUsageDescription = “Testing”,

NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription = “Testing”,

NSCameraUsageDescription = “Testing”,

MinimumOSVersion = “6.1.6”,

UIStatusBarHidden = true,

UIPrerenderedIcon = true,

UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend = false,

NSAppTransportSecurity =

{

NSAllowsArbitraryLoads=true,

NSExceptionDomains =

{

[“coronalabs.com”]        = { NSIncludesSubdomains = true, NSThirdPartyExceptionAllowsInsecureHTTPLoads = true },

[“youtube.com”]           = { NSIncludesSubdomains = true, NSThirdPartyExceptionAllowsInsecureHTTPLoads = true },

[“google.com”]            = { NSIncludesSubdomains = true, NSThirdPartyExceptionAllowsInsecureHTTPLoads = true },

[“theukuleleapp.com”]     = { NSIncludesSubdomains = true, NSThirdPartyExceptionAllowsInsecureHTTPLoads = true },

[“www.theukuleleapp.com”] = { NSIncludesSubdomains = true, NSThirdPartyExceptionAllowsInsecureHTTPLoads = true

},

},

},

}

},

– Android Section

android =

{

usesPermissions =

{

“android.permission.INTERNET”,

“android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE”,

“com.android.vending.CHECK_LICENSE”,

“com.android.vending.BILLING”,

“android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION”,

},

usesFeatures =

{

{ name = “android.hardware.location”, required = false },

{ name = “android.hardware.location.gps”, required = false },

{ name = “android.hardware.location.network”, required = false },

},

},

– Plugins

plugins =

{

– [“plugin.twitter”] = { publisherId = “com.jasonschroeder”, }, – @schroederapps’ Twitter plugin:

– [“plugin.google.play.services”] = { publisherId = “com.coronalabs”, supportedPlatforms = { android=true } },

[“plugin.volumeControl”] = { publisherId = “tech.scotth”, supportedPlatforms = { iphone=true, android=true } },

[“plugin.OneSignal”] = { publisherId = “com.onesignal” },

[“plugin.iap_badger”] = { publisherId = “uk.co.happymongoose” },

[“plugin.google.iap.v3”] = { publisherId = “com.coronalabs”, supportedPlatforms = { android = true }, },

[“plugin.googleAnalytics”] = { publisherId = “com.coronalabs”, supportedPlatforms = { iphone=true, android=true } },

[“plugin.admob”] = { publisherId = “com.coronalabs”, supportedPlatforms = { iphone=true, android=true } },

[“shared.android.support.v4”] = { publisherId = “com.coronalabs”, supportedPlatforms = { android=true } },

}

}

Please remove this code:

supportedPlatforms = { iphone=true, android=true }

Technically speaking the iPhone simulator is a different platform since it’s not running on an ARM Processor but an Intel Processor. When you say only include iphone and android, you’re saying exclude iphone-simulator and other potential platforms.

You really should not use supportedPlatforms except in a few limited exceptions.

Rob

Ah, ok that makes sense.  Normally I just go straight to testflight and I’m guessing that would have worked.

I removed the line and that seems to have sorted it.

Thanks for the quick response.

:sunglasses:

Please remove this code:

supportedPlatforms = { iphone=true, android=true }

Technically speaking the iPhone simulator is a different platform since it’s not running on an ARM Processor but an Intel Processor. When you say only include iphone and android, you’re saying exclude iphone-simulator and other potential platforms.

You really should not use supportedPlatforms except in a few limited exceptions.

Rob

Ah, ok that makes sense.  Normally I just go straight to testflight and I’m guessing that would have worked.

I removed the line and that seems to have sorted it.

Thanks for the quick response.

:sunglasses: