Build Error Trying to use Custom Splash Screen

Hi,

I just bought the splash screen control plugin.

I put this in my build.settings

splashScreen = { enable = true, image = "splashScreen.png" },

And a splashScreen.png in my resource directory.

The build succeeds if I take that out of the build.settings, but fails if it’s in.

Am I missing something to be able to use custom splash screen?

Thanks

mine looks like this and works fine

splashScreen = { ios = { enable = true, image = "splash\_ios.png" }, android = { enable = true, image = "splash\_android.png" } },

When you say it fails, can you provide the message you’re getting?

Rob

@SGS, just tried that replacing both image file names with “splashScreen.png”. Same error building.

@Rob, is there a way to see more detailed error messages? The simulator terminal is giving me this

May 11 04:39:27.578 ERROR: build failed

There was a problem completing the build on the server

May 11 04:39:27.579 

May 11 04:39:27.607 iOS build failed (11) after 107 seconds

May 11 04:39:27.913 ERROR: Build Failed: ERROR: build failed

Ah so it turns out my splash screen image was too big. I made the long side of it 1536 pixels, and now it’s building!

How big were your images?  I use 1080x1920 and 2048x2732.

mine looks like this and works fine

splashScreen = { ios = { enable = true, image = "splash\_ios.png" }, android = { enable = true, image = "splash\_android.png" } },

When you say it fails, can you provide the message you’re getting?

Rob

@SGS, just tried that replacing both image file names with “splashScreen.png”. Same error building.

@Rob, is there a way to see more detailed error messages? The simulator terminal is giving me this

May 11 04:39:27.578 ERROR: build failed

May 11 04:39:27.579 

May 11 04:39:27.607 iOS build failed (11) after 107 seconds

May 11 04:39:27.913 ERROR: Build Failed: ERROR: build failed

Ah so it turns out my splash screen image was too big. I made the long side of it 1536 pixels, and now it’s building!

How big were your images?  I use 1080x1920 and 2048x2732.