Building Launch Screens - iOS

Trying to use the LaunchImage.xcodeproj approach to create launch images for our iOS project. These instructions have been followed: https://docs.coronalabs.com/guide/distribution/launchFile/index.html

Custom launch images were implemented and Launch, Launch@2, Launch@3 images are included in the root folder with main.lua. But the app always starts with a completely black frame and no Launch images. 

The following error is reported to xCode console:

\<Warning\>: Error generating launch image. Error Domain=UILaunchStoryboardErrorDomain Code=1 "No such interface found." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=No such interface found.}

What can this error mean?

Corona splash screen is set to enable = false.

Using latest public build.

Here is our Build file:

settings = { orientation = { default = "landscapeRight", supported = { "landscapeLeft", "landscapeRight" } }, iphone = { plist= { CFBundleDisplayName = "GiantEagle", CFBundleName = "GiantEagle", UILaunchStoryboardName = "LaunchScreen", UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend = false, UIPrerenderedIcon = true, UIStatusBarHidden = true, CFBundleIconFiles = { "Icon.png", "Icon@2x.png", "Icon-60.png", "Icon-60@2x.png", "Icon-60@3x.png", "Icon-72.png", "Icon-72@2x.png", "Icon-76.png", "Icon-76@2x.png", "Icon-167.png", "Icon-Small-40.png", "Icon-Small-40@2x.png", "Icon-Small-40@3x.png", "Icon-Small-50.png", "Icon-Small-50@2x.png", "Icon-Small.png", "Icon-Small@2x.png", "Icon-Small@3x.png" }, CFBundleLocalizations = { "en", --English "es", --Spanish "de", --German "fr", --French "ja", --Japanese "ko", --Korean "zh", --Chinese }, }, }, android = { usesPermissions = { --"android.permission.RECORD\_AUDIO", "android.permission.WRITE\_EXTERNAL\_STORAGE", "android.permission.INTERNET", "android.permission.ACCESS\_NETWORK\_STATE", "com.android.vending.CHECK\_LICENSE", }, }, plugins = { ["plugin.googleAnalytics"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, ["CoronaProvider.gameNetwork.google"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs", supportedPlatforms = { android=true } }, ["plugin.utf8"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs" }, }, splashScreen = { enable = false }, excludeFiles = { -- Exclude all Android icon files and .ogg files in the "music" directory ios = { "Icon-\*dpi.png", "audio/\*.ogg", "audio/mi/\*.ogg", "audio/en/\*.ogg", "audio/fr/\*.ogg" }, -- Exclude iOS "retina" image files and .m4a files in the "music" directory android = { "iTunesArtwork@2x.png", "audio/\*.m4a", "audio/\*.aac", "audio/mi/\*.m4a", "audio/mi/\*.aac", "audio/en/\*.m4a", "audio/en/\*.aac", "audio/fr/\*.m4a", "audio/fr/\*.aac" }, }, }

Do you have a LaunchScreen.storyboard or a LaunchScreen.storyboard_c _file in your folder alongside main.lua?

If you downloaded the github project, you can just go to the export step that produces the .storyboardc file and name your images Launch.png, Launch@2x.png and Launch@3x,png as long as black background works.

If you copied the .storyboardc from a sample project then those are not set to use images at all, just provide a black screen.

Rob

Thanks Rob. Yes, I followed the instructions precisely to the document guide. 

We did just solve this issue though by building without live builds. Perhaps the guides could be updated to indicate that using live build will stop launch screens from working on device.

Do you have a LaunchScreen.storyboard or a LaunchScreen.storyboard_c _file in your folder alongside main.lua?

If you downloaded the github project, you can just go to the export step that produces the .storyboardc file and name your images Launch.png, Launch@2x.png and Launch@3x,png as long as black background works.

If you copied the .storyboardc from a sample project then those are not set to use images at all, just provide a black screen.

Rob

Thanks Rob. Yes, I followed the instructions precisely to the document guide. 

We did just solve this issue though by building without live builds. Perhaps the guides could be updated to indicate that using live build will stop launch screens from working on device.

@kilopop - I’m having the same problem, and I don’t understand what you mean by building without live builds.

I posted my trouble here, but it sounds like I’m having the exact same problem:

Will you please elaborate on your explanation? I’d so appreciate it.

By the way, on xCode console, I don’t see any error messages, and I still see the black screen…