Changing your forum name!

You can change your own forum name, but you have to follow these steps exactly, specially #5 and 6.

1. Sign-in to your Corona account via https://developer.coronalabs.com/user

2. After login, you should land on your account page

3. Click the “Edit” button to the right of the “Account Info” header

4. Edit username and “Save”

5. Log-out from the top user bar on any Corona site

6. Sign in and navigate to the forums, and your username should be updated for the forums immediately.

After you logout and back in, the forums should show your new username.

Hi Rob,

When i go to the account info edit page, i can only edit my email address and password, my user name is just a title (<h2 class=“corona-page-title”>…</h2>).

Also, but less important, clicking on the link in your post redirect to the access-denied page.

I’ll let the web team know about this. It was working the other day.  But it’s Christmas, I wouldn’t expect a response today, or potentially for a few days.

Rob

No worries,

Happy holiday.

Any updates ?

The instructions were updated.  Can you try again?

Rob

No change, my user name is still just a label i can not edit.

I just did a test from my personal Corona account.  The steps seem to work for me.

Rob

I think the confusion comes from the “Username” field.  It shows you your current name in a larger font, then there are fields to update your username, email address and change your password.  Changing the username felt odd, but it’s what you need to change.

Rob

Hi I had this trouble also. At step 4 (as shown above) I had a verify email link just above the save details button that I had to send off then after verification I could change my user name.  I dont know if I verified before? I suppose not.

Peace

I had trouble with this also, I noticed a link to verify your email above the save button after step 3 as shown at the top post. After verification it unlocked being able to change your username.

Having trouble with it also. I think I can’t change the name because I didn’t receive the verification email.

The problem is, I won’t receive the verification email. And no, it’s not in my spam folder and I triple checked my address. I requested it four times now, no luck.

Yes, you are unverified.  I tried have it send the verification email.  I also sent you an email from my account to see if I’m getting a bounce there.

This could be the cause of you not being able to change your name.  We have to have a working email address.

Rob

Ok, i was able to change my account user name (by redoing the email verification and clicking on save), 

but my previous user name is still being displayed on the forum.

What name should I be seeing?

Rob

My mistake, i did not log-out before complaining, thank you for your help.

I can´t get the verification email, is there a common problem? I have tried at least three times and checked my email address…

Hi Rob,

This is not working for me too, the username is just a label and I can change only the email address and the password.

Furthermore if tap on “re-send validation e-mail” I don’t receive any email (and yes I checked the spam folder too).

thank you

What URL are you using to change your name?

https://developer.coronalabs.com/user/631173/edit