Chartboost Network_failure

Hello,

I wanted to start using Chartboost, so i created an account and downloaded their sample code to test it.

First i used it on an Ios device and everything was fine, but when i installed it on a Android device it wasn’t showing ads. I made some changes in the code and realize that it was giving the following error “Network_failure”.

I created 2 apps, one Ios and another Android, the App Id and App signiture are all ok and i also tried on two diferent Androids. They both gave the same error.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Tank You

Are you using my Corona plugin?
https://github.com/swipeware/CoronaChartboostPlugin

Sample app here:
https://github.com/swipeware/CoronaChartboostSample

Yes, i used that exact sample. It works perfect on Ios but on Android it does not.

The sample code should run fine on both iOS and Android. You just need to change the AppID and SIG before compiling the code. You need to set up two different App IDs and SIGs though in the Chartboost dashboard. One for iOS and one for Android.

I did that, i changed the appId and the sig, for Ios and for Android in the same app like this:

-- Your Chartboost app id and signature for iOS local yourAppID = "My Ios appid" local yourAppSignature = "My Ios sig" -- Change the appid/sig for Android if system.getInfo( "platformName" ) == "Android" then yourAppID = "My android appid" yourAppSignature = "My android sig" end 

Maybe there is something wrong with configurations in the app on the website? But i only created the app and didn’t make any changes in the website, just put it in test mode.

I’m not sure what could be wrong. I’ve tested the Sample app now on two Android devices with no problem.

One is running Android 4.0.4 and the other one Android 5.1.1

Do you see any other information in your logcat output that may indicate other issues?

Well, i added another android app that i have to the chartboost dashboard, and with that AppID and SIG i can see pubs, so the problem is with the first app. But i don’t understand because i did the same with the second app.

Edit: Now, even the first app works. I can’t understand this…

It’s difficult to say why, but it could’ve been a temporary glitch with the Chartboost dashboard propagation. It should usually only take between 30 minutes to max a few hours for new data to become active, but sometimes I guess it may take longer.

Are you using my Corona plugin?
https://github.com/swipeware/CoronaChartboostPlugin

Sample app here:
https://github.com/swipeware/CoronaChartboostSample

Yes, i used that exact sample. It works perfect on Ios but on Android it does not.

The sample code should run fine on both iOS and Android. You just need to change the AppID and SIG before compiling the code. You need to set up two different App IDs and SIGs though in the Chartboost dashboard. One for iOS and one for Android.

I did that, i changed the appId and the sig, for Ios and for Android in the same app like this:

-- Your Chartboost app id and signature for iOS local yourAppID = "My Ios appid" local yourAppSignature = "My Ios sig" -- Change the appid/sig for Android if system.getInfo( "platformName" ) == "Android" then yourAppID = "My android appid" yourAppSignature = "My android sig" end 

Maybe there is something wrong with configurations in the app on the website? But i only created the app and didn’t make any changes in the website, just put it in test mode.

I’m not sure what could be wrong. I’ve tested the Sample app now on two Android devices with no problem.

One is running Android 4.0.4 and the other one Android 5.1.1

Do you see any other information in your logcat output that may indicate other issues?

Well, i added another android app that i have to the chartboost dashboard, and with that AppID and SIG i can see pubs, so the problem is with the first app. But i don’t understand because i did the same with the second app.

Edit: Now, even the first app works. I can’t understand this…

It’s difficult to say why, but it could’ve been a temporary glitch with the Chartboost dashboard propagation. It should usually only take between 30 minutes to max a few hours for new data to become active, but sometimes I guess it may take longer.