Chartboost on iPhone 6/6 Plus?

Has anyone gotten the Chartboost plugin to show ads on the iPhone 6 or 6 Plus?

I have an iPhone 6 and it doesn’t seem to be showing any ads.

I know that the old Chartboost 4.x SDK doesn’t officially support iOS 8. The plugins on Corona Labs’ servers are using the old Chartboost SDK.

I’ve updated the Corona Chartboost plugin with their latest 5.x SDK which fully supports iOS 8.

https://github.com/swipeware/CoronaChartboostPlugin

It’s based on Gremlin Interactive’s plugin with added support for all Chartboost’s services including Video ads and Rewarded video ads. I’ve been in contact with Corona Labs and offered to update the plugins on their servers, however no news yet as to if that will happen.

I’m providing this particular plugin for free on iOS and Android and plan on keeping these plugins updated as soon as new SDK versions are published by Chartboost.

There are pre-compiled binaries available on my GitHub page, but at the moment only Enterprise users will be able to use them until I hear back from Corona Labs.

Ingemar, that’s incredibly helpful and thank you for putting it together. I hope Corona gets back to you soon as I’m sure a lot of people from the community would agree that the upgraded SDK is very valuable. Please keep us updated and thanks again.

I wish I could get my hands on an iPhone 6 / 6 Plus so I could do proper device testing myself.

But being in Korea it’s going to take a while before it’s released here which usually means somewhere around Dec/Jan…

Damn, that’s a long time. I’d be more than happy to help test on my iPhone 6, if you can figure out a way to make that work. I’m not an enterprise subscriber but maybe there’s a way?

Yeah, it sure is a long time and thanks for the offer to help, but the testing I do needs a device plugged in to my computer.

They might release an iPod Touch 6 / 6 Plus, which usually comes to market earlier here than the iPhone…

Thanks for all your hardwork on this ingemar, hopefully corona staff will update the plugin because a lot of people use that plugin and cannot publish anything under IOS8 if they are using it :slight_smile:

How awesome, Ingemar!  Totally appreciate you doing this, and I hope Corona Labs will accept your offer without even a moment hesitation (even if it takes some time to effectuate it.)

Naomi

Thanks ingemar :smiley:  I also hope Corona staff will update the plugin so it’s available. By the way, ingemar, can you tell me if this plugin would work  with a Starter license? thanks again

@cmontesino I’m not sure. It all depends on how Corona Labs allow me to distribute the plugin.

Google Ads (admob) is just disabled our account due to invalid activity. We didn’t do any wrong; just send an appeal to them.

Does anyone have any recommendation for ad company where It gives decent revenues and no issue like admob?

I use Chartboost (interstitial, video) and Vungle (video only) as my main ad providers, with Admob interstitials as a fallback.

ingemar@ Thanks for your information, I will try both of them :slight_smile:

I am working with a new app and I want to add the Gremling charboost plugin?

Can I use the  charboost Gremling with iphone 6 iOs 8 ?

@gerdzon

The current Gremlin Interactive Chartboost plugin doesn’t officially support iOS 8.

I am working with CoronaLabs to release an updated Chartboost plugin that fully supports iOS 8. It will be free.

It’s in the final stages of testing and will be released very soon. I have been told by CoronaLabs that the plugin will be available from Corona’s servers for Pro and Enterprise users.

@ingemar, any update on this? I can’t even build at the moment I get the famous Build Error #5 Not subscribed to the following plugins com.gremlininteractive:plugin.chartboost :frowning:

@Christopher

My plugin was uploaded recently and an announcement will be made shortly about the availability of the new plugin. Just ironing out the details with CoronaLabs.

I’ve tested the plugin delivery myself for iOS and Android and it’s working as expected.

The plugin is final, so it’s safe to use. You’ll need to change the publisherId to “com.swipeware” in your build.settings

The new docs are here:

http://docs.coronalabs.com/daily/plugin/chartboost/index.html

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!

Thanks a bunch, worked perfect just swapped out phase with response etc. took all of 2 mins and everything worked like a charm.

Owe ya one!

Great!

Everything is backwards compatible with the old plugin. If you go through the docs there’s some added functionality as well.

It’s a bit over 1 am here in Korea now. Time for bed  ^_^.

Get some sleep you have earned it :slight_smile:

If there is ever anything I can do for you don’t hesitate to ask :slight_smile: