Chartboost Plugin released!

Our Chartboost Plugin is now available: http://gremlininteractive.com/product/chartboost-plugin-for-the-corona-sdk/

Currently supported on iOS, Android support coming very soon.

Thanks

Looks good. Got my license key  :slight_smile: .

Where can I get the Enterprise .a plugin?  

I only do local builds and need the .a to include in my project setup.

Good question :slight_smile:

If you PM me with your email address i can send you the static libraries.

done  :ph34r:

So far I haven’t gotten this plugin to work, it validates the license but when I make attempts to cache or display ads I get nothing coming back to the listener.  When I run the github sample with my values I get fail events on cache and show ads, but validates fine as normal.  Will try and look more into this tomorrow but I’ve been at it for an hour trying to figure what’s wrong.

Anyone else get this working?

You must also set up a campaign for your app at the Chartboost dashboard. Until you do this, along with some other required Chartboost portal settings you won’t receive ads.

I will edit this with a link to the guide I am talking about asap.

If you’ve set up a publishing campaign in your game via the Chartboost dashboard, you should be able to run your game from an IDE via a simulator or a device and see Chartboost ads appear where your code calls show interstitial. If you’re having trouble seeing ads on a device, try making it a test device: These ignore campaign logic and instead serve as many impressions as possible. 

Link: https://help.chartboost.com/documentation/publishing

And helpful general link: https://help.chartboost.com/faq/integrations

I have the campaign running just like I did for Android using the SDK which works, but still not getting anything to work. 

Update: I copied the widget based sample to my main, and I briefly got ads to show after multiple failed attempts, but then they stopped showing up. 

Implementing the plugin into my code I only get the license event, and still no events for caching/showing ads

I tested on different releases, and now randomly get an invalid plugin license when I run the game

I’m really frustrated at this point

This all seems to be related to the server issues we are currently experiencing. Ironically, this is the first time in 3 years that we have ever had server issues. We are far more frustrated than you I assure you. This couldn’t have come at a worse time.

We are working on getting this issue with our server resolved asap. I would recommend working on other things whilst we get these issues resolved.

We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience. 

I got to one point where the ads were being served, but it’s not doing that anymore.

Also if I don’t have a web connection (airplane mode), the licensing fails and this pops up  vvGDfOd.png

How do I disable this from popping up ever in release?  If there is any risk of this popping up when my app is live, I will not use this plugin.

You must set testMode = false for release apps.

In the case of no network connection, with testMode set to false, our plugins simply print a message to the terminal/console. No visual popup is shown.

Again, these ads not being shown issues are all down to the server issues we are currently suffering from.

I hope this one off problem won’t give you the wrong impression of us, especially seen as it was something out of our control.

We are adding a fourth server to act as a final safegaurd against this happening again.

Thanks

Wondering if anyone has gotten the Chartboost plugin to work.

I’ve implemented it but ads never show.

I’m pretty sure that I’ve setup the campaign and app correctly in the Chartboost dashboard, as I’ve got it working on one of my native apps, and therefore I’m familiar with the app/campaign setup process.

Here’s what I’ve noticed.

1. calling chartboost.init is working, and the listener gets called fine with the event.status == “valid”

2. calling chartboost.cache(<named_location>) may or may not be working, but the listener does not get called.

3. calling chartboost.show(“interstitial”, <named_location>) is not working, and the listener is not getting called.

4. my app still doesn’t have a green SDK lit up next to it, and analytics show 0.

5. in the Chartboost dashboard, I do see my three named_locations showing up in my linked campaign, so I know that my app is in some way communicating with Chartboost.

6. calling chartboost.config({interstitial={display=true}}) seemed to hang my app

Thanks for the detailed report.

Do you see any ads with test mode enabled?
We are happy to work with anyone who would like to get together and work with us on testing new releases, and also helping us track down issues.

We can do this via Skype, preferably IM. If you would like to get together on figuring out if this is a user issue, or a bug in our plugin, please add us on Skype.

Our handle is: Gremlin_Interactive.

We want to fix any issues, if they are issues with our plugin, so getting to work with someone to figure this out either way would be very helpful.

Thanks

I tried both testMode=true and testMode=false and didn’t get an ad.

I will add you on skype.

Sorry, i should have been more specific. To enable test ads with Chartboost, you must tick a box in your Chartboost developer portal, under the app settings page.

PS: look forward to chatting with you on Skype, thanks.

I have gotten ads to finally show but this plugin for a short bit, but then it stopped.  I think a big problem is it doesn’t give detailed events on what is going on

First off, chartboostPlugin.cache() either will return nothing or it will return 

Jun 12 19:33:59 ESP OnlyOne[3625] <Warning>: CB  phase : failed
Jun 12 19:33:59 ESP OnlyOne[3625] <Warning>: CB  type : interstitial
Jun 12 19:33:59 ESP OnlyOne[3625] <Warning>: CB  name : chartboost

which is the same type of even if the .show(“interstitial”) fails

I’m not sure wether I should cache ads after every show or just at the start, but I think it’s just at the start

I find if you switch your app to testmode in chartboost adsettings on their website you’ll get sone consistent shows for a short while before it fails again.  Now that being said when your not getting shows, you have no idea if it’s out of inventory or a connection problem or something else.

Some positive things here. I do appreciate the show, and close events, as I show my interstitials when the player hits the continue button so I restart the game on either a fail event or close interstitial event. But only when it’s working.

After restarting the app every odd time I no longer get events returning when I ask for ads, so my player is stuck jamming the play button because I haven’t received an event regarding the status of the ad being delivered.  

Currently this plugin does not work on a consistent basis for me

@GreminInteractive

I purchased the plugin a few days ago, however I’m not at a stage in the development cycle where I’m implementing ads yet.

I’m planning to start this process some time next week. If there are any remaining issues then, I’ll help iron them out.

Thanks for that detatiled description, that helps a lot.

One of the problems is we are limited to returning values that chartboosts sdk provides.

Perhaps there are some other, more detailed return values that we can expose, that we might have missed in our first pass, to make this clearer.

With that been said, it does appear that the plugin is suffering from a few bugs.

You can be assured that we are going to work on this and get fixes out asap. If you look at our other plugins you can see our track record of delivering rapid fixes for any issues raised.

We are just going through a run of bad luck right now it seems!

If anyone has any more information, please keep it coming. We are looking into these issues, and will keep you all posted.

Note: please remember that we are located in Ireland (GMT + 0) and it’s 1.10am for us here. Just a reminder for any USA nationals so you know what times we work.

Given the time I am posting this, you are right to assume we work some crazy hours :slight_smile:

Thanks again

Excellent, we all know that you are the bug tracking master :wink:

Thanks again everyone.

Even when I set my app to testmode on the chartboost dashboard, i see no ads.

Still not seeing any ads, but the Chartboost dashboard now finally shows the green SDK square that indicates that it recognizes that I implemented the SDK.