Chartboost Runtime Errors - iOS and Android

Hi Ingemar;

I’m a long-time Pro subscriber and I’m trying to use Chartboost in an existing app which we are updating. Yes, I have set up Publishing Campaigns and did all of the app signup. And the plugin is included in build.settings, etcetera.

When I build and then try to test on devices, I am getting show-stopping runtime errors. I have made screen captures from both iOS and Android which are attached with the specific language of the errors. It appears that required plugin files are not getting built into the app by Corona’s build server.

In poking around Corona Forums, I saw that there were some Android Plugin problems (other plugins) that just got fixed in the very latest builds. So I updated to the latest Daily Build (#2617 - Saturday, April 18) in case this might be related … but trying this latest build didn’t solve anything. The builds I have tried are:

2015.2583 (March 17) Built apps for iOS and Android - Errors in Both (see screen caps)

2015.2617 (April 18) Just tried building for Android - Same Error

Do you have any idea what might be going on?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Steve Bullock

===============================================================

This is the error message on an iPad – see the attached file for similar error on Samsung Tablet

Runtime error

ERROR: Could not load provider (chartboost) due to the following reason: module ‘CoronaProvider.ads.chartboost’ not found:resource (CoronaProvider.ads.chartboost.lu) does not exist in archive

no field package.preload[‘CoronaProvider.ads.chartboost’]

no file ‘/private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/6BBADA5E-8823-4E33-928B-3A6260B5A1D9/Just Jumble.app/CoronaProvider.ads.chartboost.lua’

no file ‘/private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/6BBADA5E-8823-4E33-928B-3A6260B5A1D9/Just Jumble.app/CoronaProvider.ads.chartboost.lua’

no file ‘./CoronaProvider.ads.chartboost.so’

no file ‘/private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/6BBADA5E-8823-4E33-928B-3A6260B5A1D9/Just Jumble.app/CoronaProvider.ads.chartboost.so’

no file ‘./CoronaProvider.so’

no file '/private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/6BBADA5E-8823-4E33-928B-3A6260B5A1D9/Just Jumble.app/CoronaProvider.so’CoronaProvider.ads.chartboost.

stack traceback:

===============================================================

Hi Ingemar;

Just figured out what I was doing wrong. I mix the Chartboost ads with ads from other sources (iAds, adMob, etc.) and I had put in a Corona command to “setCurrentProvider” to Chartboost and had not realized that this call would make Corona code actually check for the existence of particular files that might not be there.

My mistake. You can probably delete this entire thread.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Glad you found the solution.

As you found out the hard way, the Chartboost plugin is not part of Corona’s ads.* API which is why you got the errors you were seeing when trying to set the provider with setCurrentProvider().

If you encounter any further issues, feel free to report them here on the forum and I’ll get back to you as quickly as I can :slight_smile:

Thanks Ingemar.

Steve

Hi Ingemar;

Just figured out what I was doing wrong. I mix the Chartboost ads with ads from other sources (iAds, adMob, etc.) and I had put in a Corona command to “setCurrentProvider” to Chartboost and had not realized that this call would make Corona code actually check for the existence of particular files that might not be there.

My mistake. You can probably delete this entire thread.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Glad you found the solution.

As you found out the hard way, the Chartboost plugin is not part of Corona’s ads.* API which is why you got the errors you were seeing when trying to set the provider with setCurrentProvider().

If you encounter any further issues, feel free to report them here on the forum and I’ll get back to you as quickly as I can :slight_smile:

Thanks Ingemar.

Steve