Compiling to Amazon fails when the Facebook V4 plugin is included

As of today, when trying to compile to Amazon with the Facebook V4 plugin included in build.settings, I get the build error:

[Build Error #5] A device build error occurred on the server. Error: Error packaging APK. Potential conflict between resources or plugins.

If I remove facebook, the build completes successfully. 

If I remove all other plugins and keep only facebook-v4, the error still occurs. 

Please help…

Hi Stanga;

This is the same as is being reported in another active thread for today titled

Compiling for Android with both AppoDeal and Persona.ly

I’m investigating.

It looks like the issue has been fixed. 

Rob - can you confirm?

Thanks!

Issue is fixed for my builds to Amazon today (Tuesday, Nov. 1) using Corona 2943 and including Facebook V4 plugin.

Now I can’t compile to Google Play… I get the same issue. 

If I remove facebook, I can compile. If I have only facebook, the build fails with the same error as above. 

Ooooops! A further update. I tried building an a newer Daily Build (#2972) for Amazon and the build error returned:

Nov 01 09:26:29.799 ERROR: An error occurred during build (corona.build.7). The server returned the following message: --- A device build error occurred on the server. Error: Error packaging APK. Potential conflict between resources or plugins. BuildID: 581897fb4b22d --- Nov 01 09:26:29.799 Nov 01 09:26:29.810 Android build failed (5) after 12 seconds Nov 01 09:26:30.077 ERROR: Build Failed: A device build error occurred on the server. Error: Error packaging APK. Potential conflict between resources or plugins. BuildID: 581897fb4b22d Error code: 5

Then I changed to Corona #2943 and the app again built just fine.

Then I changed to Corona #2972 and it errored again.

Then I changed to Corona #2943 and it built just fine.

So it seems reproducible.

Steve

Engineering is trying to fix this on the back end, in the mean time, try including this:

plugins = { -- ... ["shared.android.support.v7.appcompat"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs", } },

in your build.settings.

Rob

To sbullock’s, we had implemented a change yesterday, but the issue seems to still be occurring for daily builds 2970 and above.

For now, reverting to a daily build older than 2970 and adding the dependency plugin to your build.settings as Rob already mentioned should get you by while we continue looking into the problem.

To those having this issue, can you post your complete build.settings and the buildId that failed?

This issue appears to have been resolved along with intermittent Android build failures that occurred last night.

To anyone still having problems, please give it another try with regular build.settings.

Hi Stanga;

This is the same as is being reported in another active thread for today titled

Compiling for Android with both AppoDeal and Persona.ly

I’m investigating.

It looks like the issue has been fixed. 

Rob - can you confirm?

Thanks!

Issue is fixed for my builds to Amazon today (Tuesday, Nov. 1) using Corona 2943 and including Facebook V4 plugin.

Now I can’t compile to Google Play… I get the same issue. 

If I remove facebook, I can compile. If I have only facebook, the build fails with the same error as above. 

Ooooops! A further update. I tried building an a newer Daily Build (#2972) for Amazon and the build error returned:

Nov 01 09:26:29.799 ERROR: An error occurred during build (corona.build.7). The server returned the following message: --- A device build error occurred on the server. Error: Error packaging APK. Potential conflict between resources or plugins. BuildID: 581897fb4b22d --- Nov 01 09:26:29.799 Nov 01 09:26:29.810 Android build failed (5) after 12 seconds Nov 01 09:26:30.077 ERROR: Build Failed: A device build error occurred on the server. Error: Error packaging APK. Potential conflict between resources or plugins. BuildID: 581897fb4b22d Error code: 5

Then I changed to Corona #2943 and the app again built just fine.

Then I changed to Corona #2972 and it errored again.

Then I changed to Corona #2943 and it built just fine.

So it seems reproducible.

Steve

Engineering is trying to fix this on the back end, in the mean time, try including this:

plugins = { -- ... ["shared.android.support.v7.appcompat"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs", } },

in your build.settings.

Rob

To sbullock’s, we had implemented a change yesterday, but the issue seems to still be occurring for daily builds 2970 and above.

For now, reverting to a daily build older than 2970 and adding the dependency plugin to your build.settings as Rob already mentioned should get you by while we continue looking into the problem.

To those having this issue, can you post your complete build.settings and the buildId that failed?