corona ads language

Hi,

When using corona ads banner or interstitial on my device it pops up and display the ad in signs and not in acual language… it looks bad and I cannot publish it that way.

it is a problem with my device or maybe the Primary Country that I chose(Israel)? Any thoughts?

Itay,

Let me move this to the right forum and see if I can get an answer for you.

Rob

What languages are you seeing?

What are you expecting?

What platform are you running on (iOS, Android)?

Thanks

Rob

Its not a language just a bunch of letter signs.

I expect the language of the ad would be the same as the phone’s or defualt(english I guess).

Testing it on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3(Android).

Thanks alot for replying

Itay,

A screen shot might help. Can you attach one? Use the “More Reply Options” button below the box where you type the post in.

Rob

I’ve asked the ad team to look into this. I’m waiting on an answer that I may not get until tomorrow.

Rob

So basically here’s what’s happening. We have several ad providers that at fill ads for you. One of the providers is sending out bad ads. This provider is the last in the chain that we use for fill rate. Once your app is live, the other ad providers will kick in and you should rarely get to this provider. But as a safety, to completely avoid this, we can remove that provider after you go live to avoid these ads at a slight risk you may not get fill, but in this case, no ad is better than a bad ad.  While you are testing, these ads will be fine, so what the team suggested is that just before you go live contact ads@coronalabs.com and they will remove the offending provider as the enable the other good providers.

Rob

I will, Thanks!

This should be solved.

Rob

Let me move this to the right forum and see if I can get an answer for you.

Rob

What languages are you seeing?

What are you expecting?

What platform are you running on (iOS, Android)?

Thanks

Rob

Its not a language just a bunch of letter signs.

I expect the language of the ad would be the same as the phone’s or defualt(english I guess).

Testing it on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3(Android).

Thanks alot for replying

Itay,

A screen shot might help. Can you attach one? Use the “More Reply Options” button below the box where you type the post in.

Rob

I’ve asked the ad team to look into this. I’m waiting on an answer that I may not get until tomorrow.

Rob

So basically here’s what’s happening. We have several ad providers that at fill ads for you. One of the providers is sending out bad ads. This provider is the last in the chain that we use for fill rate. Once your app is live, the other ad providers will kick in and you should rarely get to this provider. But as a safety, to completely avoid this, we can remove that provider after you go live to avoid these ads at a slight risk you may not get fill, but in this case, no ad is better than a bad ad.  While you are testing, these ads will be fine, so what the team suggested is that just before you go live contact ads@coronalabs.com and they will remove the offending provider as the enable the other good providers.

Rob

I will, Thanks!

This should be solved.

Rob