@Corona : important update require for the plugin google.play.services in relation with OneSignal

Hi Corona,

We are using OneSignal for our push notification and want to use their geotagging feature. It is working well on iOS but unfortunately it cannot work on Android as it seems Corona is using an old SDK version for the google play service. According to Josh from OneSignal, you need to update your google.play.services plugin to 7.0.0 or new so it can work with their plugin.

Would it be possible for you to look at this and talk to Josh from OneSIgnal so we can get this feature ?

Thanks

Nick

@Corona, any answer to this question ?

Would it be possible to know if this could be part of your plan as it affect the usage of the OneSignal plugin. If you have no intention, its ok, but we need to know if we need to move to another push solution for us. 

I’m trying to figure out the right communications path for this and try to come to a resoulution.

Rob

@Rob, thank you for letting me know. I appreciate this alot.

thanks

Nick

@Rob, any news on this ? If you feel nothing can be done please tell us as we will move to another push solutions.

@Rob, sorry for the pressure, but if you think, nothing can be done, we would like to know, so we will go with another solution.

This is a complex issue with quite a few moving parts.  We are working on it.

Hi Rob, any news on this ?

The last I heard from Josh at OneSignal is their plugin worked with the two main Google Play library builds out there. There was a time where there was an issue, but I thought OneSignal updated their plugin to work around it. I’m moving this to the OneSignal forum.

Rob

@Rob Miracle

All other features of our Android SDK work expect our newer geotagging feature. The is because the Corona google.play.services plug does not contain LocationServices.FusedLocationApi.

Thanks.

Any news or follow on this ?

@nmichaud I haven’t heard of any changes.

Are you building your app with ANT with the command line Enterprise tools or through the Simulator? If your building through the command line tools you can use the latest google-play-services.jar to fix the issue.

@Corona, any answer to this question ?

Would it be possible to know if this could be part of your plan as it affect the usage of the OneSignal plugin. If you have no intention, its ok, but we need to know if we need to move to another push solution for us. 

I’m trying to figure out the right communications path for this and try to come to a resoulution.

Rob

@Rob, thank you for letting me know. I appreciate this alot.

thanks

Nick

@Rob, any news on this ? If you feel nothing can be done please tell us as we will move to another push solutions.

@Rob, sorry for the pressure, but if you think, nothing can be done, we would like to know, so we will go with another solution.

This is a complex issue with quite a few moving parts.  We are working on it.