Corona Live Server crashes on 2020.3598

Hi all.

I have problem opening Corona Live Server on the offline builds. Has anybody successfully run it on Mac OS?

Try this:

1. download the appropriate live release from github
  2. put it under: $HOME\Solar2DPlugins\com.coronalabs\plugin.liveBuild\<platform>\data.tgz

@jedihenryk, thanks for the reply. I have tried that without success. I have android, iphone, and iphone-sim folders as you described. However, it still crashes. Below is the crash log:

https://pastebin.com/dbFTjkDH

If I’m reading the stack right the error is ssl related, I understand you are on Mac OS.
It’s a long shot but I remember seeing this thread. Do you have your provisioning profile set right?

I’m sorry I can’t really help you any better, I don’t own a Mac to try and reproduce your problem.

@jedihenryk, I think my provisioning profiles are correct as I have been publishing many apps this way.

I think for now I will have to keep using the online version.

Thanks for the help! :slight_smile:

I can’t get live server to run on MacOS either it crashes

Hey guys and gals, I have the new offline version working fine and I’ve already deployed, successfully, one of my apps for iOS and Android using the latest 3598 build, which you can download at:

Let’s check a couple of things first, before you crate a build.

1. Check the Corona Simulator version to make sure it is 3598 before running the build. Using the older simulator will not work.
  2. You can have confidence that all of your plugins that show in build.settings a publisherID of Coronalabs.com are automatically stored locally. What other plugins do you require?

I’m happy to help others get up and running with this.

1 Like

Hey @troylyndon, it’s great to know that it works normally! Thanks for letting us know!

Have you been successful to run Live Server? If so, are you using Mac?

I have the latest version installed and I do not have any plugin in build.settings file. However, every time I try to open Live Server, it crashes.

@bamazy - aha, sorry I thought you were referring to ONLINE builds vs OFFLINE builds. My recommendation is to search these forums for the words “Live Server” as others have had difficulty and those issues may have been solved.

@troylyndon, unfortunately I haven’t found a topic related to Live Server function on Offline builds. For now I have gave up working on the offline builds and am working on the latest version of the Online build.

@vlads Is Live Server functionality suppose to work with the new Offline builds?

I’m using it (on Windows) with my android. It works (once you put the liveBuild plugin in the right directory).

I can’t imagine to work without it, the visual differences between simulator and actual device are too large.

One more time I checked the way you posted above but it doesn’t work. I have android, iphone, and iphone-sim folders, and inside of each folder there is the tgz file that I have downloaded from plugin.liveBuild releases and renamed to data.tgz

I’m also on 2020.3597 and wary to upgrade further in case a new error pops up.
Let’s maybe try something else. I discovered I’m able to download plugins using Corona Builder.exe

CoronaBuilder.exe plugins download android "D:\Corona Projects\awesome\build.settings"

This works if I set the urls just right:

plugins =
  {
    ["plugin.liveBuild"] = {
      publisherId = "com.coronalabs",
      supportedPlatforms = {
        android={url="https://github.com/coronalabs/com.coronalabs-plugin.liveBuild/releases/download/v1/2016.2993-android.tgz"},
        win32 = false
      }
    },
},

Did I just say it works? I lied! It fails! … but works when I change the url to what I get in browser after the redirect when downloading the plugin:

HTTP/1.1 302 Found
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2020 12:31:30 GMT
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Server: GitHub.com
Vary: X-PJAX
Location: a really long, scary and I think temporary url so I don't paste it just in case

Try both?
I was hoping solar2ddirectory would be up by now but it seems that we’ll have to wait…

@jedihenryk, I didn’t understand the second option but the first one didn’t work :frowning:

This is what I have in build.settings file:

["plugin.liveBuild"] = {
		publisherId = "com.coronalabs",
		supportedPlatforms = {
			android={url="https://github.com/coronalabs/com.coronalabs-plugin.liveBuild/releases/download/v1/2016.2993-android.tgz"},
			iphone={url="https://github.com/coronalabs/com.coronalabs-plugin.liveBuild/releases/download/v1/2016.2993-iphone.tgz"},
			iphone-sim={url="https://github.com/coronalabs/com.coronalabs-plugin.liveBuild/releases/download/v1/2016.2993-iphone-sim.tgz"},
			win32 = false
		}
	},

Also, someone on another topic mentioned copying com.coronalabs folder from Cache directory and pasting in Solar2DPlugins folder but this also didn’t work.

If I’m reading this function right, had it worked this would probably create the following contents under:

$(HOME)/Library/Application Support/Corona/Native Plugins/

\---android
    |   plugin.liveBuild_com.coronalabs.tgz
    |  
    \---plugin.liveBuild_com.coronalabs
            metadata.lua
            plugin.liveBuild.jar

android.zip (107.1 KB)

I even zipped my /Native Plugins/android directory so you’ll be able to compare :slight_smile:

It didn’t work :unamused:
I will give it a try later again.

I think I have a pull request that fixes the issue. Just waiting for Vlad to approve and include in the next build. Not what I was planning to do today, but I couldn’t work like an animal all weekend long (building every 5 minutes so I can see a dumb ui change). In any case it works perfectly on my machine. :slight_smile:

Which means it probably formats everybody’s else’s hard drive.

2 Likes

Great, @agramonte! Then I’m waiting for @vlads to approve your PR. Thanks all for the help! :slight_smile:

Did anyone get Live Server working on MacOS with latest build 3598? For me it just shuts down immediately without any error messages when I try to add my project folder.