Corona Project Manager v2.1 Features

v2.1 of CPM should be out in just a few days, but here’s a sneak peek at one of the new features, Snippets.

http://instantvideowebpages.com/play/?m=570

While the video only shows a couple snippets, you can have as many as you want and I’m setting up a way so we can share cool snippets back and forth.

Jay
[import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 6646 reply_id: 306646[/import]

Cool, that looks really promising!, I haven’t really been using CPM as much as I should really but with the snippets feature and a few stream line improvements in 2.1 I’ll be using it much more.

In the list of files for your project are there any plans to use a better font than Times?

Also is there plans to have a ‘live’ list of files in your project. When I first tried CPM I found it frustrating having to update my assets all the time if I created a new image or dropped something in my folder but not into project manager.

Oh and the file editor at the bottom window is a good move, more like Xcode which i’m used to.

Anyway, I look forward to the new version! [import]uid: 33866 topic_id: 6646 reply_id: 23320[/import]

Man, are you the same guy that sends me emails about the font sucking?

*sigh* I’ll try to get a “Use Non-Sucky Font” preference in v2.2 – just for you. And that other guy.

About the ‘live’ list – that’s a great idea, only it breaks the original concept of CPM, which is that a project can be virtual. A project can be made up of files from multiple locations on your hard drive, so there doesn’t have to be a physical location for a project.

However, there is the Base Folder option when you create a project – I guess I could allow you to set that as a folder where all contents are considered assets.

CPM doesn’t look at the drive right now – the list of assets are in a database. If you set a folder to be “live” then I can look every time you open the project and if I find a new file, add it to the asset list.

I already color a missing asset red, so I could continue to do that if you move a file from the folder – and then you’d have to delete that asset. Or, do you think if a file turns up missing from a ‘live’ folder that I should just auto-delete that asset from the list? (I lean toward making the user delete it to keep things from happening with the user noticing, but I could be wrong.)

Thanks.

Jay
[import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 6646 reply_id: 23327[/import]

Actually, if I don’t get a font preference into the next version (I think there are more important issues) I could still change the currently used font – what do you think would be good?

Jay
[import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 6646 reply_id: 23332[/import]

Nope I’m not that guy… First time I felt compelled to comment on CPM in fact :slight_smile:

Anyway. A possible elegant solution would be you manage all your assets with the database as normal but make note of the base asset folder and when the contents of that folder changes (based on modified date or something) just pops up a window to say “New files added to project folder, update your project assets?” and this just updates the list.

As for marking missing files red is good, I wouldn’t remove these files as they could be important and moved inadvertently when working on ‘another’ project…

[import]uid: 33866 topic_id: 6646 reply_id: 23334[/import]

On the font front, good old Helvetica 12pt or Helvetica 11pt would do nicely. Clean, simple, crisp. [import]uid: 33866 topic_id: 6646 reply_id: 23338[/import]

How does this look?

Jay
[import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 6646 reply_id: 23340[/import]

My votes goes to inconsolota…

http://www.levien.com/type/myfonts/inconsolata.html

Also #1 in here http://hivelogic.com/articles/top-10-programming-fonts [import]uid: 10478 topic_id: 6646 reply_id: 23341[/import]

Well, you can set Inconsolota as the font for the code editor inside Prefs, so you’re good to go there.

But for the interface elements I think a monospaced font would look odd. However, in a future version you’ll be able to set the UI font to Inconsolota or even Wingdings if you want. :slight_smile:

Jay

PS - I just checked my copy of CPM to see what I was using for the code – I thought I was using Panic Sans, but it turns out I have it set to Inconsolota. :slight_smile:
[import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 6646 reply_id: 23346[/import]

J. A. Whye: that new font looks great!!
[import]uid: 33866 topic_id: 6646 reply_id: 23400[/import]

Yeah, you’re right, it really does look better. :slight_smile:

And it’ll be in v2.1 which should be available in the morning.

Jay
[import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 6646 reply_id: 23410[/import]

Corona Project Manager 2.1.0 is now available and includes two major features: tabbed or windowed code editors and Snippets, for reusable code.

Main changes and fixes include…

[Fixes and Changes]

• Fixed bug in Save As that could scramble source (SO GET THIS UPDATE!).

• Changed Project and Asset list to use Helvetica to stave off the crazies*.

• Snippets library. Right-click assets and snippet code is copied to clipboard.

• Prefs now allows you to turn on/off audio feedback.

• Code editors are now tabbed or separate windows with Prefs to determine which.

• Folders can now be drilled down in the asset list – only one level deep, however.

• Changed Find Window from Document to Floating Window to fix vanishing Preview pane.

* Crazies in the best sense of the word!

[Known Issues]

• Autocomplete not working in tabbed editors (still works in windowed editors). Fix in v2.2

• Tutorial videos not up-to-date. ETA for new videos: Feb 18

Jay
[import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 6646 reply_id: 23502[/import]

Mine won’t update. I click Help->Check for Updates, but it doesn’t do anything. [import]uid: 8782 topic_id: 6646 reply_id: 23537[/import]

Odd – what version are you currently using? You can see that in the About window.

Jay
[import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 6646 reply_id: 23538[/import]

All updated perfectly, snippets work a treat, added a few already :slight_smile:

Would be nice to right click anywhere in the document to bring up the snippets list and insert chunks of code that may not be related to a file name but you just use it often, just a thought for the next version increment.

Other than that your hard work has paid off, you’ve developed an awesome editor!

…oh… by the way, the new font looks nice too :wink:

[import]uid: 33866 topic_id: 6646 reply_id: 23540[/import]

My about screen says: Version 2.0.1 (1)
Snippets look really cool btw! [import]uid: 8782 topic_id: 6646 reply_id: 23542[/import]

Lovin’ CPM. And love the Helvetica (heh heh).

FYI. The find window is not automatically putting focus into the Find field. First time I tried it, the focus stayed in my main.lua file, which happened to be my open file. And I couldn’t click in the Find field to grab focus. The only way to get focus into the Find field was to click the down arrow. [import]uid: 25480 topic_id: 6646 reply_id: 23562[/import]

CPM is getting better and better…

However, my font setting of Insolata 18 doesn’t seem to work “always” for the tabbed edit windows - seems ok for the separate edit windows - not sure why it sometimes works and sometime not…

-FrankS. [import]uid: 8093 topic_id: 6646 reply_id: 24000[/import]

Not retaining the editor settings is fixed in v2.1.1 which should be out Monday. Several other annoying little bugs are fixed in that version, too.

Jay
[import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 6646 reply_id: 24004[/import]

Robert - I think you have a version before Sparkle was working correctly. You can always get the latest version from the links on the right side of this page:

http://coronaprojectmanager.com/blog/

gjperch - In v2.1.1 the Find window is a little better behaved but there’s still a bit of weirdness associated with it that I’m tracking down.

Jay
[import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 6646 reply_id: 24005[/import]