custom sound not working on android and setsubscription problem

Hei there,

I just implemented the onesignal plugin and have to say, its amazing!

I found two problems, though.

It seems like .SetSubscription(true/false) is not working properly on android. The status is changed, but even if the status of ‘subscribed’ in the onesignal backend is set to ‘no’, I recieve notifications on android. On ios everything is working like it should…

Furthermore, we have problems with the custom notification sound on android. We tried every possible name and audio type, but the custom sound is not playing.

Using GCM and the standard notification plugin we could get the custom sound to work.

On ios it is working likeit should with onesignal.

Anybody has some ideas what could be wrong?

Best,

Felix

Hello,

Do you have multiple users on the OneSignal dashboard for a single device? If so it may have still sent a notification to it. However if this was the issue any notifications after it would not be sent due to the GCM canonical id handling that we do.

When sending a notification to Android leave the file extension off. Can you also verify that the sound file is located in res/raw in your APK?

Thanks.

Hello,

Do you have multiple users on the OneSignal dashboard for a single device? If so it may have still sent a notification to it. However if this was the issue any notifications after it would not be sent due to the GCM canonical id handling that we do.

When sending a notification to Android leave the file extension off. Can you also verify that the sound file is located in res/raw in your APK?

Thanks.