Data not tracking?

So I have game analytics setup in a few apps. It’s been running for 4-5 days now. When I go to look at a new metric I can see the design metrics in the dashboard. I can also see live users data as well as errors in the dashboard. With that being said when I click on the metric and select the date range it always tells me

“Uh-oh! There’s no data for the selected metric(s).” 

There should be data though or the metric wouldn’t even show up would it? When I add a new metric in the app it will show up in the dashboard but once again say there is no data for that metric. 

I noticed strange behavior for the funnels as well. I know thousands of users have gone into the funnel but the funnels that I can get to work (a lot of the funnels keep telling me they failed) says only 2 users have entered the funnel. Any ideas on this one?

This is an example of one of my calls

analytics.newEvent(“design”, { event_id=“Ads:Video Ad Popup:Button:Yes” })

Likely issues:

• Not starting analytics or not using right ids.
  • Analytics plugin not loading (double-check build.settings file)
  • Analytics functions not being called (print to console every time you call these then go check console for your debug messages).

While you’re looking at the console output, look for errors pertaining to the analytics.

Note: all of this must be done on device to get results.  You can’t debug your analytics code on the simulator (other than to see if the functions would be called.)

Thanks for the help in my print statement I’m seeing a response from the and it says "Server response: {“status”:“ok”} for all my events. It seems to be working on paper but the data wont ever show up for some reason.

Sorry, I read funnels and my brain said “Flurry”… I’m not sure how long it takes for gameanalytics data to show, but flurry is hours to days.

Sorry this is GameAnalytics

Yah, sorry about that… brain fart (updated post above).

Since you get "Server response: {“status”:“ok”} , your GA integration is ok. I can see you are not attaching any values to your events, make sure you select the ‘Count’ grouping option ; SUM and MEAN will return “Uh-oh! There’s no data for the selected metric(s).” since there are no values attached.

In GA it takes under 24 hours for data to get aggregated by our servers if there are no processing delays.

Regarding the funnel, I need to have a look at it myself in order to understand more under what circumstances you are experiencing that behavior. Please forward a message to the friendly support team at support@gameanalytics.com with the name of your game and the name of the funnel. Thanks!

This was the issue I didn’t select Count. It’s a little confusing but I think I full understand it now. 

Likely issues:

• Not starting analytics or not using right ids.
  • Analytics plugin not loading (double-check build.settings file)
  • Analytics functions not being called (print to console every time you call these then go check console for your debug messages).

While you’re looking at the console output, look for errors pertaining to the analytics.

Note: all of this must be done on device to get results.  You can’t debug your analytics code on the simulator (other than to see if the functions would be called.)

Thanks for the help in my print statement I’m seeing a response from the and it says "Server response: {“status”:“ok”} for all my events. It seems to be working on paper but the data wont ever show up for some reason.

Sorry, I read funnels and my brain said “Flurry”… I’m not sure how long it takes for gameanalytics data to show, but flurry is hours to days.

Sorry this is GameAnalytics

Yah, sorry about that… brain fart (updated post above).

Since you get "Server response: {“status”:“ok”} , your GA integration is ok. I can see you are not attaching any values to your events, make sure you select the ‘Count’ grouping option ; SUM and MEAN will return “Uh-oh! There’s no data for the selected metric(s).” since there are no values attached.

In GA it takes under 24 hours for data to get aggregated by our servers if there are no processing delays.

Regarding the funnel, I need to have a look at it myself in order to understand more under what circumstances you are experiencing that behavior. Please forward a message to the friendly support team at support@gameanalytics.com with the name of your game and the name of the funnel. Thanks!

This was the issue I didn’t select Count. It’s a little confusing but I think I full understand it now.