Deep Blue Apps, Templates and Resources

nice

FANTASTIC! LOVE the game editor. Uses storyboard right?

By the way guys (Corona community) I bought bunch of these templates and I can tell you that Wayne/team provide a FIRST rate customer service. I am super happy with those guys :slight_smile:

Mo

EDIT: no sure if is just me but the link shown above relates to the Rotational Runner template (which I have:) and not to this new template. You can find the new template by looking under the tab “Corona templates” of course…

Thanks Jstrahan & Mo.

Fixed the URL link in the post - thanks for pointing it out Mo.

Yes the Granny Dive Template uses the Corona Storyboard method, along with the new Storyboard Overlays too. I find them very efficient, and easy to clean up around.

We’ve had a few mails asking about the LEVEL EDITOR.
The tool creates levels specifically for the Granny Dive template, but you could of course edit the resultant code for your own needs/game. The data produced is setup within tables, then loaded in the main game interface when needed.

Again, for the purposes of this template/game - the level editor has specific settings geared towards the game. Hope this helps.

Cheers
Wayne
www.DeepBlueApps.com

Great job! These templates look amazing.

Maybe a quick note to find out if the hazards (tree branches) can be set to moving in and out like the landing zone? I am thinking about obstacles that would get in front of the hero at random. Also, would it be possible to reverse the scrolling to be from bottom to top and then have the landing zone on the top of the screen instead? For example, I am thinking of a runner game where the hero is running toward the top of the screen. Anyway, it would allow additional type of games.

In any event, great job once again!

Mo

Hi Mo,

Each of the obstacles could be set to have a movement assigned to them quite easily. You’d just need to add a move X transition to the obstacles as required (say the branches), and have them ‘bounce loop’ in and out as much as you wanted. You would of course need to code this up, but it wouldn’t be too difficult. At present all of the objects are loaded from the table array, and added to the appropriate screen group as and when they are required (1 screen before being needed) - then destroyed once they’ve past off the screen.

To track the movement of the branches moving in and out, you’d be best to insert each of the branch obstacles into an array (as they’re required), so you can update there movement accordingly by iterating over the new array, corresponding to each of the branches. (Hope that made sense?..I can see it in my head clearly)…

Also, changing the scrolling direction would be easy too. You’d need to change the Y scroll parameters, and position your ‘hero’ accordingly, but again quite easy to implement.

You could always have the runner running ‘down’ the screen though  :wink:

Also, thank you again to everyone for your support.

Cheers

Wayne

Thanks Wayne.  Awesome info! Maybe one more! How difficult it will be to use sprites (animations) for the hero and the hazards? I will assume the hero (grand ma) is already using sprites since I can she has some animations attach to her. Also, I also assume that I can add my own graphics to a folder and it will shows up nicely displayed on the editor like it shows on the video correct.

No problem. You are guys are doing a great job with the templates! I wish they were ALL Corona’s :slight_smile:

Mo.

ps: I would LOVE a car physics game (with wheels, engine…) template! A little like Hill Climb racing:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hill-climb-racing/id564540143?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

ps2: I found this in the code section! A good beginning :slight_smile:

http://developer.coronalabs.com/code/billy-cart-corona

Hi Mo,

The Hero (Grand Ma) is already using animated sprites. All of the sprites are contained within SpriteSheets, and referenced accordingly in the code. In the download you also get the INDIVIDUAL SPRITES along with the TEXTURE PACKER file used to assemble them into the final sprite sheet png/lua.

For the Editor, only the BUILT IN GRAPHICS can be used. These are of course just ‘visual’ clues and used soley for positioning the graphics within the grid in the editor. The resultant code it creates simply refers to the graphics to use as a number within the table - so you would just use your OWN ART in the main game.

If we have enough requests for this I will update the Editor to allow users to view/position their own art. But again, the Editor is just a means to visually place the sprites within the grid.

gdLevelEditShot1.jpg

Hope this helps

Wayne

I think it would make a lot of sense if the visual editor also used the same set of assets that we supply replacing the ones that come with the game. Would certainly make your editor more portable between projects as well. Just a thought.

2nd thought. How about porting the visual editor to Corona SDK? It would be awesome to tweak a level, save it, give it a quick run all on the same device…

Thanks for the info. That’s great news about the sprites on the hazards! I think it ill make sense to have the editor shows our assets but I understand it may involve more work on the editor. So now, we will need to replace each asset name directly in code right? So replace the image name attach to the “left side edge” asset with our image/sprite file name. Correct?

Thanks again for all the great info.

Mo

Ps: are the clouds moving around part of the editor or something that were hard coded in the game?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
NEW: Granny Dive Template - £60 GBP
Requires Corona 2013.1137

Includes a Mac & PC Desktop GUI Level Editor
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

GRANNY DIVE is a vertical scrolling, cliff dodging, base jumping template built around the Corona SDK. The download includes the full source code to the game, along with 36 demo levels and our level editor. We’ve kept the gameplay mechanics nice and simple too. Simply tap the LEFT or RIGHT hand side of the screen to move our hero around. Collect the coins and bonuses as you fall.

gdBanner.jpg

To spice things up we’ve created multiple obstacles for you to avoid on your way down, but to help out – we’ve also added a great ZOOM-IN and SLOW MOTION power up. Collect this and the game slows down… Even the music slows down, giving you a chance to catch your breath… It doesn’t last long though – so make it count, before the music speeds back up and you start falling even faster!.

To land our hero safely, you’ll need to tap her as she enters the PARACHUTE ZONE, do it right and she’ll deploy her panty-hose (you might want to add or use a parachute maybe?)… Get it right and she’ll glide down gracefully – leaving you to carefully land on the target base on the ground… Get it wrong – OOPS! she’ll plummet to her death, break her neck and float up to heaven.

To help out your game developments further, we’ve even built a custom LEVEL EDITOR, which runs on your Apple Mac (X.7 and X.8) or PC (XP, Vista and Windows 7). Simply load or create NEW levels using the tool, and save the new levels back to the [Levels] folder within the source code. Creating dozens or hundreds of cunning levels couldn’t be easier. Quickly visualise your game and levels, click on the objects available and add them to the screen – make the levels longer or shorter, change the fall speed and the landing zones – it’s all customisable.

Template Features:

• Saving/Loading scores
  • Saving Highscore
  • iPhone 3, 4, and 5
  • Vertical Scrolling
  • Multiple Levels
  • Comes with 36 demo levels
  • Music / SFX Controls
  • Pause feature
  • Multiple Hazards
  • Multiple Collectables
  • Levels loaded from Tables
  • Instant scene loading
  • Instant level reset
  • Multiple animations
    Desktop GUI Editor Features:
  • Mac & PC compatible
  • Desktop GUI to build levels
  • Save & Load levels
  • Instantly generates LUA Code
  • Add scene objects as required
  • Control the landing base
  • Parachute deploy position & Height
  • Add/remove ‘screens’ per levels
  • Simple controls
  • No coding required to edit levels
  • Lua code can be edited after
  • Build levels in minutes not hours!
  • Easily visualise your levels
  • Quickly test and edit (see video)
    GRANNY DIVE TEMPLATE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFPMgbPGut4&feature=player_embedded

Visit our website today for more details

Cheers
    Wayne

http://www.deepblueapps.com

nice

FANTASTIC! LOVE the game editor. Uses storyboard right?

By the way guys (Corona community) I bought bunch of these templates and I can tell you that Wayne/team provide a FIRST rate customer service. I am super happy with those guys :slight_smile:

Mo

EDIT: no sure if is just me but the link shown above relates to the Rotational Runner template (which I have:) and not to this new template. You can find the new template by looking under the tab “Corona templates” of course…

Thanks Jstrahan & Mo.

Fixed the URL link in the post - thanks for pointing it out Mo.

Yes the Granny Dive Template uses the Corona Storyboard method, along with the new Storyboard Overlays too. I find them very efficient, and easy to clean up around.

We’ve had a few mails asking about the LEVEL EDITOR.
The tool creates levels specifically for the Granny Dive template, but you could of course edit the resultant code for your own needs/game. The data produced is setup within tables, then loaded in the main game interface when needed.

Again, for the purposes of this template/game - the level editor has specific settings geared towards the game. Hope this helps.

Cheers
Wayne
www.DeepBlueApps.com

Great job! These templates look amazing.

Maybe a quick note to find out if the hazards (tree branches) can be set to moving in and out like the landing zone? I am thinking about obstacles that would get in front of the hero at random. Also, would it be possible to reverse the scrolling to be from bottom to top and then have the landing zone on the top of the screen instead? For example, I am thinking of a runner game where the hero is running toward the top of the screen. Anyway, it would allow additional type of games.

In any event, great job once again!

Mo

Hi Mo,

Each of the obstacles could be set to have a movement assigned to them quite easily. You’d just need to add a move X transition to the obstacles as required (say the branches), and have them ‘bounce loop’ in and out as much as you wanted. You would of course need to code this up, but it wouldn’t be too difficult. At present all of the objects are loaded from the table array, and added to the appropriate screen group as and when they are required (1 screen before being needed) - then destroyed once they’ve past off the screen.

To track the movement of the branches moving in and out, you’d be best to insert each of the branch obstacles into an array (as they’re required), so you can update there movement accordingly by iterating over the new array, corresponding to each of the branches. (Hope that made sense?..I can see it in my head clearly)…

Also, changing the scrolling direction would be easy too. You’d need to change the Y scroll parameters, and position your ‘hero’ accordingly, but again quite easy to implement.

You could always have the runner running ‘down’ the screen though  :wink:

Also, thank you again to everyone for your support.

Cheers

Wayne

Thanks Wayne.  Awesome info! Maybe one more! How difficult it will be to use sprites (animations) for the hero and the hazards? I will assume the hero (grand ma) is already using sprites since I can she has some animations attach to her. Also, I also assume that I can add my own graphics to a folder and it will shows up nicely displayed on the editor like it shows on the video correct.

No problem. You are guys are doing a great job with the templates! I wish they were ALL Corona’s :slight_smile:

Mo.

ps: I would LOVE a car physics game (with wheels, engine…) template! A little like Hill Climb racing:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hill-climb-racing/id564540143?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

ps2: I found this in the code section! A good beginning :slight_smile:

http://developer.coronalabs.com/code/billy-cart-corona

Hi Mo,

The Hero (Grand Ma) is already using animated sprites. All of the sprites are contained within SpriteSheets, and referenced accordingly in the code. In the download you also get the INDIVIDUAL SPRITES along with the TEXTURE PACKER file used to assemble them into the final sprite sheet png/lua.

For the Editor, only the BUILT IN GRAPHICS can be used. These are of course just ‘visual’ clues and used soley for positioning the graphics within the grid in the editor. The resultant code it creates simply refers to the graphics to use as a number within the table - so you would just use your OWN ART in the main game.

If we have enough requests for this I will update the Editor to allow users to view/position their own art. But again, the Editor is just a means to visually place the sprites within the grid.

gdLevelEditShot1.jpg

Hope this helps

Wayne

I think it would make a lot of sense if the visual editor also used the same set of assets that we supply replacing the ones that come with the game. Would certainly make your editor more portable between projects as well. Just a thought.

2nd thought. How about porting the visual editor to Corona SDK? It would be awesome to tweak a level, save it, give it a quick run all on the same device…