disableNetworks = {} disables ALL networks

I uploaded a new version to the App Store yesterday and all of a sudden my Appodeal ads stopped working completely. All of them: interstitials, rewarded videos, and banners. :scream:

From what I can tell, it’s because I was doing this:

appodeal.init(listener, {
  disabledNetworks = {}
})

I assumed that an empty table would give the same results as nil - not disabling any networks - but that doesn’t seem to be the case. Instead ALL networks are disabled.

The reason for not finding this before uploading to the App Store was because I have disabled admob on my local builds, because Google don’t like you watching/clicking you own ads…

I verified the behavior locally today, and hopefully my app update will get approved very soon so I can start showing ads to my players again.

Of course, this is very easy to code around if you know about it. Just wanted to let everyone know to not make the same mistake as I.

(@agramonte: Not sure if this is anything you can or want to handle in your plugin?)

1 Like

Not something I can handle. As stated in the release notes my plugin is nothing more than a repackaging of the official plugin. I don’t have the source code and last time I checked the source code is not on Github. Sorry, buddy.

No problem. Just thought that you might be forwarding some function calls in your plugin and maybe could replace {} with nil there. Anyway, it’s an easy workaround for me.

Actually, that is a good idea. I’ll put it on the list of todos.

1 Like