dlopen failed library "liblua.so" not found

Hi,

I’ve been seeing the below error since 3691. It is occurring on around 3% of users.

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError - dlopen failed: library “liblua.so” not found

Fatal Exception: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError
dalvik.system.PathClassLoader[DexPathList[[zip file “/data/app/com.app.appname-Y8i7x-wIgriENWqvLdwc9w==/base.apk”],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/data/app/com.app.appname-Y8i7x-wIgriENWqvLdwc9w==/lib/arm64, /system/lib64, /system/product/lib64]]] couldn’t find “liblua.so”

I have extracted the APK and liblua.so exists in the lib folder.

I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced this error and can provide some insight.

Many thanks.

There have generally been way too many crashes with the new builds that target api level 33

My understanding is that the support for api level 33 is still WIP and hopefully issues will be ironed out gradually but like I said, there have indeed been way too many crashes being reported on all the apps we updated recently

I doubt this will happen… Just look at the ANR issue that has been ongoing for 1-2 years that still remains unresolved.

I’ve updated one game to api 33 and that has 0 crashes so I suspect maybe this is plugin related? I only use Unity ads FYI.

It doesn’t seem to be plugin related from what I can tell so far. Some of them appear to originate at a lower level so I’ll be analysing the stack traces and make a post soon to see if anyone has ideas.

There’s at least one recurring crash attributed to the openAL library which I’m expecting is something to do with the onComplete issue that was recently discussed on the forum for streaming audio-- I should be able to work around that for now.

This problem may have something to do with the SoC architecture (32/64-bit).
Can you determine which crashed models have the architecture of armeabi-v7a or arm64-v8a or both, and what percentage?
And then how many architecture folders are there in apk under lib? Is there a consistent *.so file in each architecture folder?

btw, try 3695 please, afaik 3691 not contains the commit “Android: initial support for Android api 33 (#593)”.

Thanks.

Hi all,

So I started seeing this error occur with 3691 but my current live build is on 3693 which included support for api 33.

I’m planning to remove some of the plugins which I can find a workaround for. Below is my current plugin list.

notifications.v2
googleAnalytics.v2
iap_badger
zip
firebaseCrashlytics
GBCLanguageCabinet
google.iap.billing.v2

There is urgency for me to fix this as I’m currently above the bad behavior threshold in the Play Store.

I will check the logs to determine the SoC architecture split.
Exporting the APK I can see the below folders exist and each contains the refrenced “liblua.so” file.
arm64-v8a
armeabi-v7a
x86
x86_64

@anon63346430 have you checked the android vitals overview? When i check the Release dashboard it shows 0 crashes, but when going to android vitals overview, and selecting the filter for app version it shows as a big increase in crashes

The library object files are present for all the architectures. My last build that’s showing these crashes is on 3693 which does have API 33 support but I’m going to try again now with 3695.

I created a topic here so that developers can post any new crashes/ANRs that they’re seeing after API 33 support was added to Solar2D. I’m seeing some crashes on v7a and v8a both. Will continue to explore if I can narrow down on what might be causing this.

There’s none, but I wouldn’t expect any as this app is lightweight and the programmer is semi-competent :slight_smile:

Just thought… are these “user-perceived” crashes? Probably not as the release dashboard only reports those.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.