Do some plugins add READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission to my app?

Hello,

We are currently trying to get a promotion on Google but they caught a few permissions that we need to document for them for is to get the promo. One of the permissions was READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE, which we don’t have in our permissions in our build.settings. 

I was just curious as to if Corona or any of the following plugins add the permission?

• plugin.zip
  • CoronaProvider.analytics.flurry
  • plugin.amazon.iap
  • plugin.google.iap.v3

Thank you!

To answer the original question, some plugins may add permissions. And ad plugins will add READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE. (See here

On another note, I may have found the actual root of the issue, which relates to this post.

Although we didn’t have READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE, we did have WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE. According to that post, when WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE is used, READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE is implicit.

To answer the original question, some plugins may add permissions. And ad plugins will add READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE. (See here

On another note, I may have found the actual root of the issue, which relates to this post.

Although we didn’t have READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE, we did have WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE. According to that post, when WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE is used, READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE is implicit.