documentation onesignal outdated/incomplete + read_phone_state permission necessary?

Hello.

I just started to work again on an older app and tried to install it on a device with Android 6 and I get an error about a missing ‘read_phone_state’ permission.

I added it and got the app working again, but I read somewhere that this permission is actually not required, and I would love not to use it.

I furthermore can’t find any documentation besides this:

https://documentation.onesignal.com/docs/corona-sdk-setup

When I follow only this guide I get lots of other errors, like ‘module plugin.notifications’ not found.

Can you point me to a (complete) documentation on how to include oneSignal in my app?

Thank you,

Felix

Hi Felix,

We (Corona) don’t actually maintain the OneSignal docs. Have you contacted them directly to seek assistance on what may be incorrect in their documentation?

The hub of their Corona docs are here:

https://documentation.onesignal.com/docs/corona-sdk

Best regards,

Brent

Hello Brent,

thanks for the answer.

I just contacted them. I actually figured what is wrong, namely that the corona notifications plugin and setup is necessary as well. It is just not metioned in the OneSignal Documentation.

Anyway, my other problem stays, do you know how to use the plugin without the READ_PHONE_STATE permission?

I asked them as well, but did not get any answer jet…

Best,

FElix

Update:

I found the problem with the read_phone_state permission.

I included some code from a blog post about a breaking change in the deviceID for Android 6 and just inserted that code without completely understand it.

When using this code, the read phone state permission is necessary. But this is actually NOT necessary for the onesignla plugin…

Sorry for any confusion I might have caused.

The documentation problems persist, though. Waiting for an answer from them…

So far, nice weekend,

Felix

Hi Felix,

We (Corona) don’t actually maintain the OneSignal docs. Have you contacted them directly to seek assistance on what may be incorrect in their documentation?

The hub of their Corona docs are here:

https://documentation.onesignal.com/docs/corona-sdk

Best regards,

Brent

Hello Brent,

thanks for the answer.

I just contacted them. I actually figured what is wrong, namely that the corona notifications plugin and setup is necessary as well. It is just not metioned in the OneSignal Documentation.

Anyway, my other problem stays, do you know how to use the plugin without the READ_PHONE_STATE permission?

I asked them as well, but did not get any answer jet…

Best,

FElix

Update:

I found the problem with the read_phone_state permission.

I included some code from a blog post about a breaking change in the deviceID for Android 6 and just inserted that code without completely understand it.

When using this code, the read phone state permission is necessary. But this is actually NOT necessary for the onesignla plugin…

Sorry for any confusion I might have caused.

The documentation problems persist, though. Waiting for an answer from them…

So far, nice weekend,

Felix