Facebook login crashes with latest public release

I updated my simulator today to the latest public release (2016.2830) and ever since I can’t log in to facebook. 

Whenever I try to perform: 

facebook.login({ “email”, “user_friends” }) 

my app crashes with the following stack trace:

W/System.err( 4751): java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: android.support.v4.app.FragmentActivity$2

W/System.err( 4751):    at android.support.v4.app.FragmentActivity.<init>(FragmentActivity.java:106)

W/System.err( 4751):    at com.facebook.FacebookActivity.<init>(FacebookActivity.java:48)

W/System.err( 4751):    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Native Method)

W/System.err( 4751):    at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:1650)

W/System.err( 4751):    at android.app.Instrumentation.newActivity(Instrumentation.java:1079)

W/System.err( 4751):    at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2505)

W/System.err( 4751):    at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2723)

W/System.err( 4751):    at android.app.ActivityThread.access$900(ActivityThread.java:172)

W/System.err( 4751):    at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1422)

W/System.err( 4751):    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)

W/System.err( 4751):    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:145)

W/System.err( 4751):    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5832)

W/System.err( 4751):    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)

W/System.err( 4751):    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:372)

W/System.err( 4751):    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:1399)

W/System.err( 4751):    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1194)

This happened on galaxy s2 and galaxy s5 devices that I tested with. 

Please help me figure out why this is happening…

Thanks

Hello there.

Are you using the Facebook plugin, or the Facebook v4 plugin? 

Also it says you are an enterprise customer, is this via Corona simulator builds or Enterprise builds?

Thank you

I’m using the Facebook v4 plugin and Corona SDK, so it’s via the Corona simulator builds. 

(I was upgraded automatically a while ago, but still haven’t made the transition to building in Enterprise).

Hi stanga,

Do you get this error on builds PRIOR to 2853 where multi-dex support was introduced?

Can you post your build.settings for us? It’s possible that this is being caused by multiple plugins needing the Android Support Library.

I got the error with both 2830, 2851 and 2855, but now I see it’s working again (magic?)

Hello there.

Are you using the Facebook plugin, or the Facebook v4 plugin? 

Also it says you are an enterprise customer, is this via Corona simulator builds or Enterprise builds?

Thank you

I’m using the Facebook v4 plugin and Corona SDK, so it’s via the Corona simulator builds. 

(I was upgraded automatically a while ago, but still haven’t made the transition to building in Enterprise).

Hi stanga,

Do you get this error on builds PRIOR to 2853 where multi-dex support was introduced?

Can you post your build.settings for us? It’s possible that this is being caused by multiple plugins needing the Android Support Library.

I got the error with both 2830, 2851 and 2855, but now I see it’s working again (magic?)