Facebook policy warning regarding showDialog

Hi,

FB people are bugging me about not displaying standart FB login dialog but showing popup style login window after calling facebook.showDialog(…) function. 

They say that current implementation is against the facebook policy 7.2 and give me 1 week to fix this issue.

You can see the attached screenshot showing the problem.

Is there anything we can do to resolve this issue?

I am using build 3559. The problem exists both on ios and android builds.

Regards.

deniz.

Please, provide a sample app which represents the issue. May be you should request more permissions when logging in to facebook, so you don’t have to request them showing dialog.

Hi vlads,

I created a native java android application with Android Studio by using latest facebook sdk to inspect this issue further. As you can see from the screencast, login runs smoothly, but when i open a GameRequestDialog, it opens some kind of web view on top of the application asking for credentials of an already logged in user.

This is the same exact result I get using Corona SDK. I am very confused now. If this is the usual facebook sdk implementation, why do FB people complain about policies? Do you have any idea?

recording.gif

best.
deniz.

Can you provide Corona code which causes login window to pop up second time please? Really, there is no private information there. Facebook ID etc are public, anyone who has your app can read them. It is very hard to fix if I don’t understand what needs fixing.

I attached sample Corona project. Its not fancy. I just modified official corona facebook example and updated build.settings file and set my apps’s facebook App Id. Pressing “show request dialog” button after login will open the popup window.

Build: Corona 3559 Platform: both iOS and Android.

UPDATE:

I feel that we are facing a long term facebook bug here. As you can see there are some bug reports stating the exact same problem that  facebook also accepts but sadly does not give an ETA for any fixes.

https://developers.facebook.com/support/bugs/323761688312312/

https://github.com/facebook/facebook-android-sdk/issues/578

So, facebook is kinda forcing me to solve an issue which is originating from their own implementation. One expects better developer relations from such a big name. sigh.

App you provided does not have “show request dialog” button.

EDIT: Sorry, my bad. Found it. What is your app’s package id?

Its just standart facebook sample app that came with Corona. Please first click “login” then “show request dialog”

I’m not sure what I can suggest… I tried adding

LoginManager.getInstance().setLoginBehavior(LoginBehavior.WEB\_VIEW\_ONLY);

To the plugin, which makes login behavior crappy. Very crappy. But dialog is shown afterwards. I can add an option for you to do that but I do not think this is any good solution to this problem.

I also decided it would be a good idea to opensource current Facebook-v4a plugin. Here it’s sources: https://github.com/coronalabs/plugins-source-facebook-v4a

To make it run, clone the repo, replace contents of Corona/ directory with your app, open android directory in Android Studio. Edit android/app/src/main/res/values/strings.xml with your app id. To make it not show the login, you can add code above to beginning of facebookLogin function in file android/plugin/src/main/java/plugin/facebook/v4a/FacebookController.java.

thank you vlads. I will try what you suggest.