Facebook sharelink success anyone ?

Hi, 

We have migrated our Facebook integration with the new Facebook plug in, but we are unable to make it work (android and ios). Our older integration was working flawlessly.

We have decided to try the Facebook sample project coming with the latest public build (2015.2731). We have changed the settings to match our facebook appId and validate twice all settings of our facebook app. 

When we try the app on our Galaxy S6,  Galaxy Tab 4 or Ipad mini 4, we always receive the same result. loginCancelled message. 

1. When we start the Facebook Corona sample app, the first thing that happen is that a dialog appear to login = great.

2. We click on “Share Link Dialog” button

3. Then we have a dialog saying that app was already authorized appear. We then click on “ok”.

4. then we are back to the UI of the app and at the bottom we see the message LoginCancelled. Everytime we click on the “Share Link Dialog” button its always the same result. “loginCancelled”.

Anybody can help please ?

thanks

Nicolas

I just tested this with the sample app that ships with 2731 and it works as expected when I build against one of my Facebook AppID’s.

In my case it fast switched to the facebook app, but didn’t ask for any permissions since I’m already authorized. It showed me the dialog and posted the content to my timeline.  I did another test and canceled the dialog and got the cancelled message, but I would expect that.

I went on facebook and removed my test app to force it through the login process. It prompted me twice as expected. Post worked as expected.

Rob

@Rob, did you try it without the Facebook app installed ?

No. Only with the Facebook app installed and only on iOS.

Rob

In our case,  with or without the Facebook app installed it does not work with the default Corona Facebook project. Any hint you may give us where to look @Rob ?

When I use the Corona sample, the first time we authorize the app and everythings works fine. When I click on “Share link dialog” here is what is printed in the console on Android:

I also have the same result on iOS

I/Corona (30445): [declinedPermissions] = table: 0xeeb215e0 I/Corona (30445): { I/Corona (30445): } I/Corona (30445): [userId] = 1242198945 I/Corona (30445): [grantedPermissions] = table: 0xeeb21560 I/Corona (30445): { I/Corona (30445): [1] = public\_profile I/Corona (30445): [2] = user\_friends I/Corona (30445): } D/Corona (30445): Controller.startTimer(): Abort because it hasn't been set! I/Corona (30445): Facebook Listener events: I/Corona (30445): type(session) I/Corona (30445): name(fbconnect) I/Corona (30445): phase(loginCancelled) I/Corona (30445): isError(false) I/Corona (30445): response() I/Corona (30445): event.name fbconnect I/Corona (30445): event.type: session I/Corona (30445): isError: false I/Corona (30445): didComplete: nil I/Corona (30445): response: I/Corona (30445): Session Status: loginCancelled

thanks

Nick

We think we found the pitfall. In Facebook sample project, there is the following code :

elseif not inTable( accessToken.grantedPermissions, "publish\_actions" ) then print( "Logged in, but need permissions" ) printTable( accessToken, "Access Token Data" ) facebook.login( listener, {"publish\_actions"} )

After talking to a Facebook developer, it seems that this would be the culprit if you did not ask specifically for this permission when asking for a review to your app in your app management center  (FB).

This permission is not require when posting a feed.

By removing this step, we can now post on Android/Ios with or without the Facebook app installed.

Did anybody else noticed that ? and had to change from the old Facebook plugin to new plugin ?

Nick

I just tested this with the sample app that ships with 2731 and it works as expected when I build against one of my Facebook AppID’s.

In my case it fast switched to the facebook app, but didn’t ask for any permissions since I’m already authorized. It showed me the dialog and posted the content to my timeline.  I did another test and canceled the dialog and got the cancelled message, but I would expect that.

I went on facebook and removed my test app to force it through the login process. It prompted me twice as expected. Post worked as expected.

Rob

@Rob, did you try it without the Facebook app installed ?

No. Only with the Facebook app installed and only on iOS.

Rob

In our case,  with or without the Facebook app installed it does not work with the default Corona Facebook project. Any hint you may give us where to look @Rob ?

When I use the Corona sample, the first time we authorize the app and everythings works fine. When I click on “Share link dialog” here is what is printed in the console on Android:

I also have the same result on iOS

I/Corona (30445): [declinedPermissions] = table: 0xeeb215e0 I/Corona (30445): { I/Corona (30445): } I/Corona (30445): [userId] = 1242198945 I/Corona (30445): [grantedPermissions] = table: 0xeeb21560 I/Corona (30445): { I/Corona (30445): [1] = public\_profile I/Corona (30445): [2] = user\_friends I/Corona (30445): } D/Corona (30445): Controller.startTimer(): Abort because it hasn't been set! I/Corona (30445): Facebook Listener events: I/Corona (30445): type(session) I/Corona (30445): name(fbconnect) I/Corona (30445): phase(loginCancelled) I/Corona (30445): isError(false) I/Corona (30445): response() I/Corona (30445): event.name fbconnect I/Corona (30445): event.type: session I/Corona (30445): isError: false I/Corona (30445): didComplete: nil I/Corona (30445): response: I/Corona (30445): Session Status: loginCancelled

thanks

Nick

We think we found the pitfall. In Facebook sample project, there is the following code :

elseif not inTable( accessToken.grantedPermissions, "publish\_actions" ) then print( "Logged in, but need permissions" ) printTable( accessToken, "Access Token Data" ) facebook.login( listener, {"publish\_actions"} )

After talking to a Facebook developer, it seems that this would be the culprit if you did not ask specifically for this permission when asking for a review to your app in your app management center  (FB).

This permission is not require when posting a feed.

By removing this step, we can now post on Android/Ios with or without the Facebook app installed.

Did anybody else noticed that ? and had to change from the old Facebook plugin to new plugin ?

Nick