Feature Requests

Hi Nederer,

what would be nice is the ability to create joints.

• JoinType
  • position
  • linkBody
  • last body

P.S: and maybe you could integrate Ads into the Tool…
to earn some money… or sell it.

Br,
Alen

[import]uid: 9592 topic_id: 7606 reply_id: 30770[/import]

Hi there,
I love Gumbo and it’s my favourite level editor.

One think which is annoying me is that Gumbo doesn’t track where you are taking assets from. If I have my assets in folder names images, gumbo still creates reference link to the main folder… Would that be possible to change/fix?

Thanks a lot. [import]uid: 27699 topic_id: 7606 reply_id: 45079[/import]

Silverlight is really restrictive when it comes to folder rights. It doesn’t give you access to the path of the file you load, just the file itself. So, no, it can’t be done in a simple way.

What I could do is add a setting for your Gumbo project, where you manually define a path for your images. This will then be added to the image path when generating the Lua code. [import]uid: 13180 topic_id: 7606 reply_id: 45485[/import]

Hi there,

Cheers for the replay. If you would have some time this feature would be very helpful. Just like a files to manually specified your directory before image. Another thing which I would personally like to see if to have option to turn on/off “local” from images. Nothing important but sometimes it would be handy.

thanks a lot.

Ugi4l [import]uid: 27699 topic_id: 7606 reply_id: 45666[/import]

UI elements would be cool :slight_smile:
[import]uid: 13784 topic_id: 7606 reply_id: 47193[/import]

Good news!

I’m working on a new update. This will bring a feature that I’m sure will be very useful to a lot of users:

I’m adding a function to snap objects to every X pixels (user defined). This makes it extremely easy to place your objects. If you build your game with tiles, then you can just drop them roughly where you want them to be, and they’ll snap into place.

I’ll try to have it released by the end of this week. [import]uid: 13180 topic_id: 7606 reply_id: 49968[/import]

The new version has just been uploaded. It gives you a snapping function and the ability to set the image path.

Read more about the changes here:
http://developer.anscamobile.com/forum/2011/03/11/latest-updates [import]uid: 13180 topic_id: 7606 reply_id: 50745[/import]

Manolo Blahnik Pumps
Christian Louboutin Pumps
Chloe Bags [import]uid: 84418 topic_id: 7606 reply_id: 51455[/import]

The main thing I’d like to see added to Gumbo is the ability to select more then one object at a time. This way you could select more then one object at a time to move or to clone.

Also like braneof said it would be really cool if we could use movieclips or spritesheets for animations in Gumbo.

PS. Thanks a lot for releasing this program and especially for free. [import]uid: 69700 topic_id: 7606 reply_id: 51980[/import]

Hi there,

I would like to ask for features in physics shape editor. Would it be possible to have option to delete single point in shape? And it would be even better if it was possible to move it (1px by 1px with arrows, or/and with mouse).

Please let me know if that’s possible as that would make my work much easier and faster :).

many thanks.
[import]uid: 27699 topic_id: 7606 reply_id: 57093[/import]

Could you please make an option to determine if the “physics” code is generated after or before your custom code block? The issue im constantly running into is this: I write custom code, and in the code i add " object.isSensor = true" and "object.type=“this”. these are physic specific commands… anyways whenever code is generated my custom code is placed before the physics code that gumbo generates, making it so i have to go one by one and cut and paste my custom code after the gumbos physics code. doe that makes sense? i bet its really simple to allow the user to choose if he wants the physics code generated before or after custom code? Keep up the great work, thanks again! [import]uid: 19620 topic_id: 7606 reply_id: 61933[/import]

I agree. I’ve also had projects where I had to manually move the code by hand afterwards.

I recently bought a new iMac and haven’t installed Windows on it yet, but as soon as I do I’ll start making some fixes for Gumbo (since you need Windows for Visual Studio). [import]uid: 13180 topic_id: 7606 reply_id: 62163[/import]

Nerderer, not sure if you are going to work on gumbo anymore, but i wanted to let you know that i use it tons still. The main feature it needs it multiple selection so we can copy and move groups of objects. I would happily donate some money if you plan to keep going with gumbo, thanks! [import]uid: 19620 topic_id: 7606 reply_id: 72577[/import]

Nice to hear!

I’ve been busy with some other projects the latest months, so Gumbo hasn’t really been a high priority (playing Skyrim does count as a project, right?). I do have the intention of improving it soon, but I’m waiting for Silverlight 5 to be released. The rumour is that it’s going to be released by the end of this year, so if all goes well it should be available within a few weeks.

I hope to do some more work on Gumbo in January. [import]uid: 13180 topic_id: 7606 reply_id: 72919[/import]

Silverlight is dying - Microsoft is will kill it soon if they haven’t already. :frowning: [import]uid: 13784 topic_id: 7606 reply_id: 72922[/import]

Well, rumours is that they’ll stop developing it, but it’s not confirmed. Silverlight 5 will be released anyway. But you’re probably right.

It’s kind of sad, since Silverlight is really underrated. A lot of people have this false vision on how Html 5 changes everything, and I also think that Html 5 is great, but it will never (or at least not in a couple of years) replace some of the functionality that you can get from Flash and Silverlight. The great thing with Flash and Silverlight is that it lives in its own sandbox, and behaves the same on all browsers. With Html 5 you WILL(!) get the same problems that you’ve always had with html - inconsistencies between the different browsers.

Dying or not, I will not recode Gumbo in a different language just because the old language was killed. :stuck_out_tongue:
Heck, in my old job we had projects that were built using VB 6, which has been dead for a long time (thank God!). [import]uid: 13180 topic_id: 7606 reply_id: 72942[/import]

Speaking of the devil - Silverlight 5 has just been released! [import]uid: 13180 topic_id: 7606 reply_id: 72956[/import]

Huzzah! just in time! :wink: [import]uid: 19620 topic_id: 7606 reply_id: 72963[/import]

I’m using Gumbo right now. I think it’s great because of its simplicity. My wife and son can even make levels with it.

I hope you continue to support it. There are two things I wish you could add to it:

Object have spritesheet so it can be animated
Object have isSensor

That’s really all I think it needs added to it. I think it’s a great tool.

Check out the game I’m making with it http://www.superdaddio.com/

Thanks again. [import]uid: 38820 topic_id: 7606 reply_id: 82918[/import]

I’ve just released a minor update. Read more about it in the “Latest updates” thread. [import]uid: 13180 topic_id: 7606 reply_id: 87839[/import]