Fonts and Colors Not Saving All Settings After Application Restart

In Glider IDE under Fonts and Colors, Ive loaded custom profiles from Glider post I saw.  Im currently using GliderBlackEye profile and have made personal changes to it and saved them, even exported them to see if it would fix if I re-import it after…

For the most part, all of them are saving, however mark-occurences under Syntax Tab always gets reset after I reload program next time when I change the “Effect Color”.

Im sure this is the same with certain other settings as well.

Everytime I load Glider I have to go into fonts and colors I have to make these changes and its pretty annoying but doable.

Please let me know if there is a fix as I do not believe its something with me as all of my other changes seem to have stayed permanent.  Thanks!

Hello Daimyo,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. Your color scheme looks very nice. Unfortunately we tried to replicate this problem and it seems to save properly on our end. Have you re-downloaded Glider recently? We pushed a minor update on the 20th that required a redownload. You may want to see if that fixes the problem.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

I’ve re-downloaded latest win 64 bit version as of
10-26-2013 and uninstalled glider to reinstall newest version.  I
checked for updates, updates updated correctly, but problem persists with mod occurences >> effect Color changed to Yellow, but always changes back to [85,85,85].  I’ll attach the exported version of glider theme template that I use.  Maybe the template is outdated?

Do I need to delete extra folders/files in the “\Program Files (x86)\M.Y. Developers\Lua Glider v 1.9.x” directory after a windows uninstallation before I reinstall new Glider Version from website?

I’ve updated to latest glider (even downloaded latest build and check for updates on 10-25-2013)

I exported my modified GliderBlackEye configuration and in

“daimyo_GliderBlackEye_only.zip\config\Editors\text\x-lua\FontsColors\Gliderblackeye”

Youll notice the .xml file for LUA language.  It contains paramater for mark-occurences, but it doesnt save “yellow” whenever I open the game and resets back to a gret [85,85,85] in Effects Color under mark-occurences.

\<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?\> \<!DOCTYPE fontscolors PUBLIC "-//NetBeans//DTD Editor Fonts and Colors settings 1.1//EN" "http://www.netbeans.org/dtds/EditorFontsColors-1\_1.dtd"\> \<fontscolors\> \<fontcolor name="mod-method" underline="black"\> \<font style="bold"/\> \</fontcolor\> \<fontcolor default="self" foreColor="blue" name="self"/\> \<fontcolor name="mod-deprecated" strikeThrough="darkGray"/\> \<fontcolor default="keyword" foreColor="red" name="function"/\> \<fontcolor default="operator" name="dotFunction"/\> \<fontcolor default="error" name="errors"/\> \<fontcolor name="mark-occurrences" underline="yellow"\> \<font style="bold"/\> \</fontcolor\> \<fontcolor default="separator" foreColor="ff99ff99" name="basic"\> \<font style="bold"/\> \</fontcolor\> \<fontcolor default="field" name="mod-field"/\> \<fontcolor default="single-comment" foreColor="ff99ff99" name="single-comment"/\> \<fontcolor foreColor="ff550000" name="mod-constructor" underline="ff550000"\> \<font style="bold"/\> \</fontcolor\> \<fontcolor name="mod-parameter"\> \<font style="bold"/\> \</fontcolor\> \<fontcolor default="multi-comment" foreColor="ff99ff99" name="multi-comment"/\> \<fontcolor default="keyword" foreColor="ff66ccff" name="keyword"\> \<font style="bold"/\> \</fontcolor\> \<fontcolor default="whitespace" name="whitespace"/\> \<fontcolor default="number" foreColor="ffff99ff" name="number"\> \<font style="bold"/\> \</fontcolor\> \<fontcolor name="mod-static"\> \<font style="italic"/\> \</fontcolor\> \<fontcolor default="operator" name="colonFunction"\> \<font style="italic"/\> \</fontcolor\> \<fontcolor name="mod-global" underline="black"/\> \<fontcolor default="operator" foreColor="ff9999ff" name="operator"\> \<font style="bold"/\> \</fontcolor\> \<fontcolor default="comment" name="multi-comment2"/\> \<fontcolor name="mod-class" underline="black"\> \<font style="bold"/\> \</fontcolor\> \<fontcolor name="mod-unused" waveUnderlined="ff999999"/\> \<fontcolor default="string" foreColor="ffff9999" name="string"/\> \<fontcolor default="keyword" foreColor="ff99ff99" name="library"\> \<font style="italic"/\> \</fontcolor\> \<fontcolor foreColor="ff550055" name="mod-custom1"/\> \<fontcolor name="mod-custom2"\> \<font style="bold"/\> \</fontcolor\> \<fontcolor default="bool" foreColor="ff66ccff" name="bool"/\> \<fontcolor default="keyword" foreColor="ff00cc66" name="litstring"/\> \<fontcolor default="identifier" foreColor="white" name="identifier"/\> \<fontcolor default="separator" foreColor="ff9999ff" name="separator"/\> \<fontcolor default="nil" foreColor="ff999900" name="nil"/\> \</fontscolors\>

Attached is the .zip exported settings files for GliderBlackEye and the xml file.

Even when I import the .zip, the mark-occurences do not change, manually having to set the effect color to yellow only works.

Please let me know if I am doing something wrong.

Hello daimyo,

We have fixed the issue and will push an update for this tomorrow.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

Hello Daimyo,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. Your color scheme looks very nice. Unfortunately we tried to replicate this problem and it seems to save properly on our end. Have you re-downloaded Glider recently? We pushed a minor update on the 20th that required a redownload. You may want to see if that fixes the problem.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

I’ve re-downloaded latest win 64 bit version as of
10-26-2013 and uninstalled glider to reinstall newest version.  I
checked for updates, updates updated correctly, but problem persists with mod occurences >> effect Color changed to Yellow, but always changes back to [85,85,85].  I’ll attach the exported version of glider theme template that I use.  Maybe the template is outdated?

Do I need to delete extra folders/files in the “\Program Files (x86)\M.Y. Developers\Lua Glider v 1.9.x” directory after a windows uninstallation before I reinstall new Glider Version from website?

I’ve updated to latest glider (even downloaded latest build and check for updates on 10-25-2013)

I exported my modified GliderBlackEye configuration and in

“daimyo_GliderBlackEye_only.zip\config\Editors\text\x-lua\FontsColors\Gliderblackeye”

Youll notice the .xml file for LUA language.  It contains paramater for mark-occurences, but it doesnt save “yellow” whenever I open the game and resets back to a gret [85,85,85] in Effects Color under mark-occurences.

\<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?\> \<!DOCTYPE fontscolors PUBLIC "-//NetBeans//DTD Editor Fonts and Colors settings 1.1//EN" "http://www.netbeans.org/dtds/EditorFontsColors-1\_1.dtd"\> \<fontscolors\> \<fontcolor name="mod-method" underline="black"\> \<font style="bold"/\> \</fontcolor\> \<fontcolor default="self" foreColor="blue" name="self"/\> \<fontcolor name="mod-deprecated" strikeThrough="darkGray"/\> \<fontcolor default="keyword" foreColor="red" name="function"/\> \<fontcolor default="operator" name="dotFunction"/\> \<fontcolor default="error" name="errors"/\> \<fontcolor name="mark-occurrences" underline="yellow"\> \<font style="bold"/\> \</fontcolor\> \<fontcolor default="separator" foreColor="ff99ff99" name="basic"\> \<font style="bold"/\> \</fontcolor\> \<fontcolor default="field" name="mod-field"/\> \<fontcolor default="single-comment" foreColor="ff99ff99" name="single-comment"/\> \<fontcolor foreColor="ff550000" name="mod-constructor" underline="ff550000"\> \<font style="bold"/\> \</fontcolor\> \<fontcolor name="mod-parameter"\> \<font style="bold"/\> \</fontcolor\> \<fontcolor default="multi-comment" foreColor="ff99ff99" name="multi-comment"/\> \<fontcolor default="keyword" foreColor="ff66ccff" name="keyword"\> \<font style="bold"/\> \</fontcolor\> \<fontcolor default="whitespace" name="whitespace"/\> \<fontcolor default="number" foreColor="ffff99ff" name="number"\> \<font style="bold"/\> \</fontcolor\> \<fontcolor name="mod-static"\> \<font style="italic"/\> \</fontcolor\> \<fontcolor default="operator" name="colonFunction"\> \<font style="italic"/\> \</fontcolor\> \<fontcolor name="mod-global" underline="black"/\> \<fontcolor default="operator" foreColor="ff9999ff" name="operator"\> \<font style="bold"/\> \</fontcolor\> \<fontcolor default="comment" name="multi-comment2"/\> \<fontcolor name="mod-class" underline="black"\> \<font style="bold"/\> \</fontcolor\> \<fontcolor name="mod-unused" waveUnderlined="ff999999"/\> \<fontcolor default="string" foreColor="ffff9999" name="string"/\> \<fontcolor default="keyword" foreColor="ff99ff99" name="library"\> \<font style="italic"/\> \</fontcolor\> \<fontcolor foreColor="ff550055" name="mod-custom1"/\> \<fontcolor name="mod-custom2"\> \<font style="bold"/\> \</fontcolor\> \<fontcolor default="bool" foreColor="ff66ccff" name="bool"/\> \<fontcolor default="keyword" foreColor="ff00cc66" name="litstring"/\> \<fontcolor default="identifier" foreColor="white" name="identifier"/\> \<fontcolor default="separator" foreColor="ff9999ff" name="separator"/\> \<fontcolor default="nil" foreColor="ff999900" name="nil"/\> \</fontscolors\>

Attached is the .zip exported settings files for GliderBlackEye and the xml file.

Even when I import the .zip, the mark-occurences do not change, manually having to set the effect color to yellow only works.

Please let me know if I am doing something wrong.

Hello daimyo,

We have fixed the issue and will push an update for this tomorrow.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

Unfortunately, no. The issue hasn’t been fixed. I am using the latest updates and i still have that problem. It occurs on both my mac and pc. The issue has become really annoying, actually. I am using ‘daimyo21’ GliderBlackEye theme and ‘mod-occurences’ is never saved. I tried setting it manually like he did but the also didn’t work. I tried removing the ‘lock’ from the user directory and saving the changes but that also didn’t work. Please, is there a solution?

Hello Mazrabul,

Please see if the problem is still occurring on 2.0. We have specifically addressed the issue a while back but we are not sure what version you have installed.

Regards,
M.Y. Developers

Hi M.Y.,

Sorry for the late reply. I am using the latest version of Glider (v2.0 - 201310111528). Here are some more info:

• i am using windows 7 (however, i have the same problem on my mac)

• The theme i use is: Glidermoonlight.

• All syntax changes target lua language

I have done some more investigation this morning and noticed the following:

point 1 - Any changes i make to the “syntax” tab of fonts and colors profile while the editor is open are saved correctly to the profile xml file (in my case to …\Roaming.luaglider28\dev\config\Editors\text\x-lua\FontsColors\Glidermoonlight\org-netbeans-modules-editor-settings-CustomFontsColors-tokenColorings.xml ). Now, if i restart, the above file is NOT overwritten; however, the changes i made do not appear in the editor. This leads me to believe that another file is being loaded instead of this file. Which one? i don’t know.

point 2 - Any changes i make to the “highlighting” tab are saved correctly and are persistent after restart. These changes are reflected in the following file: …\Roaming.luaglider28\dev\config\Editors\FontsColors\Glidermoonlight\org-netbeans-modules-editor-settings-CustomFontsColors-highlights.xml". As you can see, these changes are not saved or loaded from the x-lua specific folder as in point 1.

point 3 - based on the observation of point 2, i replaced the content of the “…tokenColorings.xml” file in the theme folder in point 2 with the contents of the same file in the x-lua folder from point 1. That didn’t work.

Hope all that info helps. I am really looking forward for a fix to this problem as it is driving me crazy.

Many thanks

Hi M.Y.,

any update?

Unfortunately, no. The issue hasn’t been fixed. I am using the latest updates and i still have that problem. It occurs on both my mac and pc. The issue has become really annoying, actually. I am using ‘daimyo21’ GliderBlackEye theme and ‘mod-occurences’ is never saved. I tried setting it manually like he did but the also didn’t work. I tried removing the ‘lock’ from the user directory and saving the changes but that also didn’t work. Please, is there a solution?

Hello Mazrabul,

Please see if the problem is still occurring on 2.0. We have specifically addressed the issue a while back but we are not sure what version you have installed.

Regards,
M.Y. Developers

thread bump.

Could you please look into this issue. It is really driving me crazy.

Hello Mazrabul,

We will get this fixed today. Sorry we have been fixing some pretty major performance issues recently.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

Hello Mazrabul,

We pushed an update to hopefully fix the issue. Please try it and let us know.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

Hi M.Y.,

Sorry for the late reply. I am using the latest version of Glider (v2.0 - 201310111528). Here are some more info:

• i am using windows 7 (however, i have the same problem on my mac)

• The theme i use is: Glidermoonlight.

• All syntax changes target lua language

I have done some more investigation this morning and noticed the following:

point 1 - Any changes i make to the “syntax” tab of fonts and colors profile while the editor is open are saved correctly to the profile xml file (in my case to …\Roaming.luaglider28\dev\config\Editors\text\x-lua\FontsColors\Glidermoonlight\org-netbeans-modules-editor-settings-CustomFontsColors-tokenColorings.xml ). Now, if i restart, the above file is NOT overwritten; however, the changes i made do not appear in the editor. This leads me to believe that another file is being loaded instead of this file. Which one? i don’t know.

point 2 - Any changes i make to the “highlighting” tab are saved correctly and are persistent after restart. These changes are reflected in the following file: …\Roaming.luaglider28\dev\config\Editors\FontsColors\Glidermoonlight\org-netbeans-modules-editor-settings-CustomFontsColors-highlights.xml". As you can see, these changes are not saved or loaded from the x-lua specific folder as in point 1.

point 3 - based on the observation of point 2, i replaced the content of the “…tokenColorings.xml” file in the theme folder in point 2 with the contents of the same file in the x-lua folder from point 1. That didn’t work.

Hope all that info helps. I am really looking forward for a fix to this problem as it is driving me crazy.

Many thanks

Hi M.Y.,

any update?