Fortumo's user_id

Based on sample code it looks like we should manipulate product name to pass our app’s home grown userIDs along to our web backend for processing.  That makes sense.  However, fortumo is also passing back some sort of unique id from the device as a query parameter user_id

http://developers.fortumo.com/in-app-purchasing-for-corona/receipt-verification/

According to those docs it is “An unique end-user identification string from the mobile application point of view. It could be an internal SIM card identification or a specific username defined by the application.”

I have 3 questions about this ID:

1.  Does this ID ever change on a given device?  Does it stay consistent even when apps are uninstalled/reinstalled?

2.  Are we able to find out its value before we’ve made any payment requests?

3.  Are we able to set this value?  I wouldn’t think so but it mentions “specific username defined by the application”

Thanks

-Joe

Based on sample code it looks like we should manipulate product name to pass our app’s home grown userIDs along to our web backend for processing.  That makes sense.  However, fortumo is also passing back some sort of unique id from the device as a query parameter user_id

http://developers.fortumo.com/in-app-purchasing-for-corona/receipt-verification/

According to those docs it is “An unique end-user identification string from the mobile application point of view. It could be an internal SIM card identification or a specific username defined by the application.”

1.  Does this ID ever change on a given device?  Does it stay consistent even when apps are uninstalled/reinstalled?

3.  Are we able to set this value?  I wouldn’t think so but it mentions “specific username defined by the application”

Thanks

-Joe

1. ID doesn’t change on the same device and it is consistent between installs.

2. You can get the value from the payment response response.userid, so you essentially you can get it after the first purchase and it will always remain the same.

3. It is not possible to override the value, it is generated by the Fortumo library.

thanks jaana.  It might prove useful to be able to access the value before a purchase has been made if that’s easily implemented.  Just a thought :slight_smile:

Thanks, we will take this into consideration!

Thanks

-Joe

1. ID doesn’t change on the same device and it is consistent between installs.

2. You can get the value from the payment response response.userid, so you essentially you can get it after the first purchase and it will always remain the same.

3. It is not possible to override the value, it is generated by the Fortumo library.

thanks jaana.  It might prove useful to be able to access the value before a purchase has been made if that’s easily implemented.  Just a thought :slight_smile:

Thanks, we will take this into consideration!