GA.init() crashes if GA.useComposer is set to true

Hi just started using GameAnalytics. I noticed that if GA.useComposer is set to true, then GA.init() will crash.  Any ideas what’s going on? GA.submitComposerEvents set to true seems ok.

I wonder if this is happening because at the time I call init(), I’m not yet in a composer scene – my app is in “starting up” mode even prior to showing the title screen.

Correct… you do need to init GA after composer.gotoScene(“xxx”) in your main.lua.

That might be a workaround, but it seems like we really should be able to the GA.init before we goto our first scene, or else GA will miss the reporting our very first scene change, no?

No it will report the first scene anyway.

I don’t think it is a workaround… The GA example on their site, and I believe the video on the site as well, shows that you init GA after you go to your first scene. I do agree that is seems strange to do it that way.

Correct… you do need to init GA after composer.gotoScene(“xxx”) in your main.lua.

That might be a workaround, but it seems like we really should be able to the GA.init before we goto our first scene, or else GA will miss the reporting our very first scene change, no?

No it will report the first scene anyway.

I don’t think it is a workaround… The GA example on their site, and I believe the video on the site as well, shows that you init GA after you go to your first scene. I do agree that is seems strange to do it that way.