Game analytics crashes with storyboard.reloadScene

Hello!

I started using GA on my project (nice tool btw) and so far everything worked just fine. Until the simulator crashed on my face when I hit a button triggering a storyboard.reloadScene() event.

I first looked into my code and then I realized it didn’t happen before I used GA. Here is how I initialized the GA module:

gameanalytics.archiveEvents = true gameanalytics.archiveEventsLimit = 1024 gameanalytics.submitSystemInfo = true gameanalytics.maxErrorCount = 50 gameanalytics.submitUnhandledErrors = true --change this later if spamming the server gameanalytics.useStoryboard = true gameanalytics.submitStoryboardEvents = false gameanalytics.iosIdentifierForVendor = true 

The important part is, I think:

gameanalytics.useStoryboard = true 

This fills the area field of any GA event with the current scene name. So the app might be crashing because this is not handled for reloadScene() event?

Anyway, when I remove GA init from my code, everything works fine again.

Could you look into it, Corona team?

Thanks!

Hello there,

We are already investigating this bug and we will try to deploy a fix for it by the end of the week. I will keep you updated on this issue. 

Anamaria Todor - Software Engineer @ GameAnalytics

Thank you! I’ll just set useStoryboard to false until the fix is out.

Hello, 

The problem should be fixed in version 0.2.4. You can get it from our github page:

https://github.com/GameAnalytics/GA-Corona-SDK

Hello there,

We are already investigating this bug and we will try to deploy a fix for it by the end of the week. I will keep you updated on this issue. 

Anamaria Todor - Software Engineer @ GameAnalytics

Thank you! I’ll just set useStoryboard to false until the fix is out.

Hello!

Sorry for the delay;

First thanks for keeping me posted and fixing the bug. Sadly, Corona staff hasn’t included the fix in their latest daily build. I use the plugin with Enterprise, and the crash is still there.

Having the area automatically deduced by GA is not critical for me now, so I can live without it and wait for Corona to include the fix. In the worst case, I will grab the Lua file you kindly provide on github and use it instead of the plugin.

Thanks again!

Hello, 

The problem should be fixed in version 0.2.4. You can get it from our github page:

https://github.com/GameAnalytics/GA-Corona-SDK

Hello!

Sorry for the delay;

First thanks for keeping me posted and fixing the bug. Sadly, Corona staff hasn’t included the fix in their latest daily build. I use the plugin with Enterprise, and the crash is still there.

Having the area automatically deduced by GA is not critical for me now, so I can live without it and wait for Corona to include the fix. In the worst case, I will grab the Lua file you kindly provide on github and use it instead of the plugin.

Thanks again!