GameCircle: Any way to open overlay to Sign in screen?

So just implemented Amazon GameCircle into my two apps.  All I have is Leaderboards, and all I do is submit scores and open the Leaderboard overlays to display the information.

If a user does not see the GameCircle prompt that Amazon displays when the app loads, there is no way for the user to easily login.  So I created a button that opens the Leaderboard Overlay, but it shows up with none of my leaderboards.  I guess this is because of this from the documentation:

Most if not all GameCircle calls still operate without a signed in player, but no interaction occures with the server until there is a player signed in.

I was hoping that the leaderboards could be displayed even when the user is not signed in to hopefully motivate them to sign in and use it.  But I guess that’s not possible?

So what action should I have button do to get a sign in screen to appear?  On the overlay that appears, if the user clicks the beach ball and then “Your settings,” they can get to a sign in screen.  is there any way to take them directly to that screen?

Hey thegdog, thanks for the post. Yes, sign in is required, and upon reviewing the raw GameCircle SDK, it appears our plugin missed a function called showSignInPage, which is what you would want to do if the user tries to access things like the leardboard but is not signed in. 

I’m making note of this now and hopefully, before the new year, we can push an update for the plugin that will add this feature. 

Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Jesse, thanks for the information.

Look forward to hearing that the updated plugin is available so I can get this update released and see if Amazon’s Developer Select program does have advantages.

Thanks!

Jesse,

Any word on updating the plugin?

Been checking the documentation but haven’t seen any updates to reference the missing showSignInPage function being added.

Thanks!

There is another larger issue with the plugin being experienced by other developers. (It was reported and is being updated on another thread of this forum, actually.) 

I was intending to wrap up this change with that fix, but the fix for the issue (which affects apps once they’ve been uploaded to the store for approval) is something that requires me, Corona, and Amazon to sit down and that sitdown hasn’t happened yet. 

I’ll keep you up to date, but I’m sorry to say this new function may take a little while. (If it’s any consolation, even if I pushed an update with this new function, you would’t be able to put your app up for sale because of the other issue developers have been experiencing.) 

Again, I am sorry, and I’ll keep you up to date. 

Thanks for the update, Jesse. 

Hopefully you can get Corona and Amazon to actually chat and get this fixed.

Hey thegdog, thanks for the post. Yes, sign in is required, and upon reviewing the raw GameCircle SDK, it appears our plugin missed a function called showSignInPage, which is what you would want to do if the user tries to access things like the leardboard but is not signed in. 

I’m making note of this now and hopefully, before the new year, we can push an update for the plugin that will add this feature. 

Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Jesse, thanks for the information.

Look forward to hearing that the updated plugin is available so I can get this update released and see if Amazon’s Developer Select program does have advantages.

Thanks!

Jesse,

Any word on updating the plugin?

Been checking the documentation but haven’t seen any updates to reference the missing showSignInPage function being added.

Thanks!

There is another larger issue with the plugin being experienced by other developers. (It was reported and is being updated on another thread of this forum, actually.) 

I was intending to wrap up this change with that fix, but the fix for the issue (which affects apps once they’ve been uploaded to the store for approval) is something that requires me, Corona, and Amazon to sit down and that sitdown hasn’t happened yet. 

I’ll keep you up to date, but I’m sorry to say this new function may take a little while. (If it’s any consolation, even if I pushed an update with this new function, you would’t be able to put your app up for sale because of the other issue developers have been experiencing.) 

Again, I am sorry, and I’ll keep you up to date. 

Thanks for the update, Jesse. 

Hopefully you can get Corona and Amazon to actually chat and get this fixed.