Geofence and Location based Push Notification

Hi everyone.

Is it possible to send Push Notifiations based on realtime location of user using OneSignal? (With the app not opened)

I really want this functionality on my app. It would bring a tremendous value to my users.

I want to my server send notifications to users inside a radius of 250 meters of a certain Shopping by example.

How I do that?

Regards

Rodrigo Palmeira 

If your app is not running then it cannot possibly update your server to be able to “know where the user was” so it could geo-target.

You could use the user’s last reported location maybe but it could be wildly inaccurate.

I’m going to move this to the OneSignal forum.

We don’t support Corona apps in the background. Some people have had some success with getting GPS information, but you might have luck with it.

Rob

If your app is not running then it cannot possibly update your server to be able to “know where the user was” so it could geo-target.

You could use the user’s last reported location maybe but it could be wildly inaccurate.

I’m going to move this to the OneSignal forum.

We don’t support Corona apps in the background. Some people have had some success with getting GPS information, but you might have luck with it.

Rob