Help delaying registration --- OneSignal.DisableAutoRegister() doesn't seem to do anything in iOS

I want to delay registration for push notifications until I can tell the users of my app what kind of information will be contained in the notification.  The documentation for the OneSignal plugin seems to say that doing 

local OneSignal = require("plugin.OneSignal") OneSignal.DisableAutoRegister() 

before

OneSignal.Init(...) 

will let me choose when to prompt for push notification permission (with the RegisterForNotifications() method).

However DisableAutoRegister() doesn’t seem to have any effect.  The doc also mentions the key/property (?) 

kOSSettingsKeyAutoPrompt

but I don’t know what to do with this. Any help would be appreciated.

@gregmcdo Your code is correct to disable auto prompting on iOS. Do you have any other notification plugins in your app? These could be auto-prompting.

kOSSettingsKeyAutoPrompt is a Object-C / Swift dictionary key for the native OneSignal SDK, it doesn’t apply the to Corona SDK.

@josh_OneSignal I haven’t any other notification plugins in this app.  The prompting only started when I added OneSignal.  The other plugins I’m using are Flurry analytics and reviewPopUp.  These were already in place before introducing OneSignal and there was no prompting to allow push notifications.

Would it help to call OneSignal.init() after a short delay?  Does the DisableAutoRegister() method take effect as soon as it’s called?

@gregmcdo Your code is correct to disable auto prompting on iOS. Do you have any other notification plugins in your app? These could be auto-prompting.

kOSSettingsKeyAutoPrompt is a Object-C / Swift dictionary key for the native OneSignal SDK, it doesn’t apply the to Corona SDK.

@josh_OneSignal I haven’t any other notification plugins in this app.  The prompting only started when I added OneSignal.  The other plugins I’m using are Flurry analytics and reviewPopUp.  These were already in place before introducing OneSignal and there was no prompting to allow push notifications.

Would it help to call OneSignal.init() after a short delay?  Does the DisableAutoRegister() method take effect as soon as it’s called?