How do I update my plugins?

If so, where would that folder be? Do I put it in the folder of the application I’m doing or inside the folder of the corona?

Hi richard,
What are those appropiate folders? I do not found any documentation about that.

@vlads referenced this tree recently, but I’ve not tried it myself:

($HOME or $AppData)/Solar2DPlugins/[publisherId]/[plugin]/[build]/[platform]/data.tgz

1 Like

There’s also talk of building in a plugin import tool to the simulator itself so that Solar2D can drop your downloaded files into the right directories for inclusion.

I already went to that directory, added the folders and even then it is giving an error!

13:39:46.719 Warning:
13:39:46.719 The signer’s certificate is self-signed.
13:39:46.719
13:39:46.719 The timestamp will expire on 2030-10-16.
13:39:59.848 Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -Duser.language=en
13:39:59.848 ERROR: configuring ‘shared.android.support.v4’ failed!
13:39:59.848
13:39:59.848 FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
13:39:59.848 * Where:
13:39:59.848 Build file ‘C:\Users\mathe\AppData\Local\Temp\Corona Labs\CLtmpa18040\template\app\build.gradle.kts’ line: 274
13:39:59.848 * What went wrong:
13:39:59.848 Could not open dsl remapped class cache for eai1t831g7ld85aqx4tledj29 (C:\Users\mathe.gradle\caches\5.4.1\scripts-remapped\corona_29jlwnojpjupqgawmxll5gyxq\eai1t831g7ld85aqx4tledj29\dsldcd040730888da95d185715568c9cc57).
13:39:59.848 > Could not open dsl generic class cache for script ‘C:\Users\mathe\AppData\Local\Temp\Corona Labs\CLtmpa18040\template\app\build\corona-plugins\shared.android.support.v4\corona.gradle’ (C:\Users\mathe.gradle\caches\5.4.1\scripts\eai1t831g7ld85aqx4tledj29\dsl\dsldcd040730888da95d185715568c9cc57).
13:39:59.848 > Could not compile script ‘C:\Users\mathe\AppData\Local\Temp\Corona Labs\CLtmpa18040\template\app\build\corona-plugins\shared.android.support.v4\corona.gradle’.

Other plugins work during offline assembly simply move the com.coronalabs folder from the Caches folder to the folder:
/Users/user_name/Solar2DPlugins/com.coronalabs
But unfortunately I was not able to get my plugin to work, I get an error. Here is the topic:

Just to update everyone following this thread, I was able to get the Solar2d plugins to work by upgrading from Mojave to Catalina and upgrading Xcode to 11.4.1, using simulator build 3595. At the moment, I cannot get 3rd party plugins to work from solar2dmarketplace.com. The simulator just crashes when the build starts. More info is available here

Looking into this :+1: will respond to this in the thread

Hi @Scott_Harrison I used the URL you sent me and I’m still getting this during the build process…
ERROR: Runtime error
?:0: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
?: in function ‘pathJoin’
?: in function ‘?’
?: in function ‘collect’
?: in function <?:110>
Program completed in 56.87 seconds (pid: 86728).

This is mostly likely because you have not clicked the activate button. I am looking at your account an it looks like you have no plugins activated based on your account id you posted in an earlier thread

Hi @Scott_Harrison it’s activated now and the problem is still the same. FYI, the video you have on the Game Center page is broken.

I’m going to use an example project from the sampleCode folder of the Corona build 3595, and simply add the gameCenter to it

@Scott_Harrison ok, so I loaded up sampleCode/Graphics/Fishies/build.settings and I added this…and have the same error as in my project. Can you please try this on your system so we can eliminate the possibility of something happening specific to my computer? I’m running on…
macOS Catalina Version 10.15.4, MacBook Pro (13-inch 2017), 3.3 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5, 16GB 2133MHz LPDDR3, Graphics: INtel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB

My xCode version is: 11.4.1 (11E503a), although I never use it. The Build appears to use it.

So, here’s the only code I added to build.settings to the sample Fishies project.
plugins =
{
[“plugin.gamecenter”]={publisherId=“scotth.tech”,supportedPlatforms={iphone={url=" http://solar2dmarketplace.com/marketplacePlugins?ID=oljr9d&plugin=GameCenter_scotth-tech&type=iOS"}}},
},

ERROR: Runtime error
?:0: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
?: in function ‘pathJoin’
?: in function ‘collect’
?: in function <?:110>
Program completed in 32.79 seconds (pid: 87691).

@Scott_Harrison can you post any sample project that uses your new marketplace plugins?

Look like your issues are with your quotes see photo
Wrong

Right

Hi Scott, I just DM’d you a blank template project with a 3rd party plugin. I checked and my quotes are the correct type. I made sure to copy directly from the marketplace page.

It looks like @vlads tried to address this issue in the latest build 3596, but unfortunately the problem persists.

FWIW, I think the issue is with the simulator itself since there is no evidence that your plugins get downloaded on my computer. It looks like the simulator crashes before it gets the chance to download the plugin. If the template project works for you however, then it might suggest a different problem.

1 Like

Hello. There was an issue with self hosted plugins. I hopefully fixed it in latest build. If it still doesn’t work, pm me with actual build.settings file, and target and host os.

Hi @vlads, thank you for looking into this. I just messaged you the sample project.

Hey, @Scott_Harrison, it seems that when I try to build project @developer0744 sent me, I get invalid plugins. They contain text Cannot install in Browser instead of tgz archive.

1 Like

I am getting error with PlayFab plugin;

ERROR: Build Failed: Unable to find plugin ‘plugin.playfab.client’ for platform ‘iphone’:
Custom URL: skipped because no table supportedPlatforms provided for plugin.playfab.client
Locally: no directory /Users/baykal/Solar2DPlugins/com.playfab/plugin.playfab.client
Locally: no file ‘/Users/baykal/Solar2DPlugins/com.playfab/plugin.playfab.client/iphone/data.tgz’
Locally: no file ‘/Users/baykal/Solar2DPlugins/com.playfab/plugin.playfab.client/data.tgz’
Solar2D Directory: plugin plugin.playfab.client was not found at Solar2D Directory
Ignore Missing checker: no plugin directory /Users/baykal/Solar2DPlugins/com.playfab/plugin.playfab.client
Unable to find plugin ‘plugin.playfab.client’ for platform ‘lua’:
Custom URL: skipped because no table supportedPlatforms provided for plugin.playfab.client
Locally: no directory /Users/baykal/Solar2DPlugins/com.playfab/plugin.playfab.client
Locally: no file ‘/Users/baykal/Solar2DPlugins/com.playfab/plugin.playfab.client/lua/data.tgz’
Locally: no file ‘/Users/baykal/Solar2DPlugins/com.playfab/plugin.playfab.client/data.tgz’
Solar2D Directory: plugin plugin.playfab.client was not found at Solar2D Directory
Ignore Missing checker: no plugin directory /Users/baykal/Solar2DPlugins/com.playfab/plugin.playfab.client

What should I do?