How do I Use SponsorPay?

I have make a sponsorpay account and got it verified. I tried to run the sample app that uses sponsorpay and I got this error in the simulator. 

“module ‘plugin_sponsorpay’ not found; does not exist in archive.” 

What am I doing wrong?

I have not found a place to download the sponsorpay plugin

THE FULL RUNTIME ERROR REPORT IS ATTACHED

Hi!

I’m suspecting you’re on an old build of Corona. SponsorPay’s plugin was made available starting on daily build 2013.1106

Can you check it and give some feedback?

Thank you!

– David

SponsorPay

I am using build 2013.1076, so I am using an older version. How do I get the latest build?

Hi there!

You can grab daily build version here: http://developer.coronalabs.com/downloads/daily-builds

Cheers!

Ok, I’m making progress, the offer wall pops up. What should the user Id be?  should it be unique to every user? What should the Action Id be? Can it be anything? Does it have to be the same every time? 

Glad to hear that everything is working!

The userid is an unique id that will identify the user among all the runs of your application.

If you’re planning using our Virtual Currency Server (VCS) for storing and managing the coins earned by this user, you can use nil and we will autogenerate, persist and use the same id between application starts

Regarding the actionid, you only use it if you’re an advertiser and you want to report a completion of an action to our servers. 

Cheers!

SponsorPay is pretty easy to integrate. The Corona documentation for it is misleading as it doesn’t lay out the exact sequence of events for a simple publisher integration, which are:

Before starting: Add SponsorPay to build.settings and require it.

1. call sponsorpay.start

2. call sponsorpay.launchOfferWall

3. call sponsorpay.requestNewCoins and finish the transaction in the listener that receives the callback.

All of the other methods are “extra” things, or stuff for advertisers.

TIP: SponsorPay’s offer wall usually leads the user somewhere outside your app. If you put the sponsorpay.requestNewCoins call inside the callback for an application start and resume, you can provide an almost instant feedback to the user after the offer is completed.

NOTE: I have not launched an app with SponsorPay yet (close though), so I can’t speak to how well it performs.

Thanks for the help that clears a lot of things up. The strange thing is that now it says that there are no offers available, but it was working earlier. What’s the problem?

Hi!

You’ve probably completed all the offers already. We have a delivery system that checks against userid/device to prevent multiple completion of the same offer.

You can, however, reach our support and we will enable some test offers for you to try them out.

Cheers

Hi!

I’m suspecting you’re on an old build of Corona. SponsorPay’s plugin was made available starting on daily build 2013.1106

Can you check it and give some feedback?

Thank you!

– David

SponsorPay

I am using build 2013.1076, so I am using an older version. How do I get the latest build?

Hi there!

You can grab daily build version here: http://developer.coronalabs.com/downloads/daily-builds

Cheers!

Ok, I’m making progress, the offer wall pops up. What should the user Id be?  should it be unique to every user? What should the Action Id be? Can it be anything? Does it have to be the same every time? 

Glad to hear that everything is working!

The userid is an unique id that will identify the user among all the runs of your application.

If you’re planning using our Virtual Currency Server (VCS) for storing and managing the coins earned by this user, you can use nil and we will autogenerate, persist and use the same id between application starts

Regarding the actionid, you only use it if you’re an advertiser and you want to report a completion of an action to our servers. 

Cheers!

SponsorPay is pretty easy to integrate. The Corona documentation for it is misleading as it doesn’t lay out the exact sequence of events for a simple publisher integration, which are:

Before starting: Add SponsorPay to build.settings and require it.

1. call sponsorpay.start

2. call sponsorpay.launchOfferWall

3. call sponsorpay.requestNewCoins and finish the transaction in the listener that receives the callback.

All of the other methods are “extra” things, or stuff for advertisers.

TIP: SponsorPay’s offer wall usually leads the user somewhere outside your app. If you put the sponsorpay.requestNewCoins call inside the callback for an application start and resume, you can provide an almost instant feedback to the user after the offer is completed.

NOTE: I have not launched an app with SponsorPay yet (close though), so I can’t speak to how well it performs.

Thanks for the help that clears a lot of things up. The strange thing is that now it says that there are no offers available, but it was working earlier. What’s the problem?

Hi!

You’ve probably completed all the offers already. We have a delivery system that checks against userid/device to prevent multiple completion of the same offer.

You can, however, reach our support and we will enable some test offers for you to try them out.

Cheers