How to generate a SHA256 Signature?

Hi,

Newbie question. I am trying to set up game circle and hopefully game-save sync. 

While setting up 

Add or Edit GameCircle Configuration

I am stuck at step 2 

Select a platform to generate the API key

as it requires MD5 Signature and SHA256 Signature. I know how to get MD5 Signature from this blog https://coronalabs.com/blog/2014/08/26/tutorial-understanding-android-app-signing/

but I can’t find anywhere how to get the SHA256 Signature.

Question 1: How to generate a SHA256 Signature?

Question 2: If I like to save a json.encode save game(with lots of strings, numbers, texts), I should gamecircle.Whispersync.DeveloperString use is that correct?

Thank you in advance. I am really not good with all these signing and networking thing.

keytool -exportcert -alias yourkeyalias -keystore yourkeystore.keystore | openssl sha256 -binary | openssl base64

For question 2, that seems to be the right thing to use based on the documentation. json.encode returns a string with your table encoded and you can store that, later fetch it and json.decode the string to turn it back into a table.

Rob

keytool -exportcert -alias yourkeyalias -keystore yourkeystore.keystore | openssl sha256 -binary | openssl base64

For question 2, that seems to be the right thing to use based on the documentation. json.encode returns a string with your table encoded and you can store that, later fetch it and json.decode the string to turn it back into a table.

Rob